It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS Jihadi John and Hostages Found by Drones in Raqqa-

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Just addressing the OP comment about since when are British special forces running the show, like Wid-Eyes already alluded to.

Prime Minister David Cameron vowed to use "all the assets we have" to hunt down and punish those behind the "senseless" act and insisted it would only reinforce the UK's determination to destroy IS.

Americans aren't the only ones with skin in this game of hostage taking and beheading or addressing the situation. the Brits threw in long ago with us and France and so on.

And by the way, he said similar when the first American was beheaded and it was suspected that it by this Brit known as Jihadi John.

As to risking the lives of the hostages...well that's a risk that's always there. No matter what lip service is paid or how the description of the op was staged.

edit on 10/5/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: TheCrowMan

Exactly - the OP needs to wind his neck in, really, and evaluate his source. As you said, the DM is going to hype up the British side of it, when it actual fact it will be a command decision most likely taken in conjunction with US (and other) Special Forces advising. The UK and US special forces have a very close working relationship (see Osama take down - quite a bit of UK input there) so this is not the "UK calling the shots".

It's all very well knowing where someone might be, but without any solid intel on the enemy strength, if this is even real or a decoy, what hostages are there and how are you going to exfil then there is no mission. The OP might be happy to throw US SF into the lions den with no plan or intel, but we don't throw away SAS like that, there are too few of them as it is.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 04:29 AM
link   
a reply to: EA006

Quite the opposite actually, America took control of
the United Kingdom's empire after the revolutionary war.
The 'west ' , wherever you're living is the Anglo-American
empire. They say jump, we ask how much # must we shovel?

War Plan Red

I don't think this is a case of the tail wagging the dog, between
Washington and London, freedom is a joke, we're imperialists unfortunately.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 04:55 AM
link   
That just mean they want to make. More money. Many bombs make lots of money for a few businesses. A quick cheap rescue is not making enough money for said business owners who make bombs. a reply to: thesmokingman

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 05:09 AM
link   
the 'they are too strong' statement is specific to the ISIS stronghold of Raqqa itself...

the whole city is operating under a Marshall Law type of Police-State by roving ISIS 'enforcers'
who go around arresting people with liquor-on-their-breath, smoking in public before sundown, speaking about the hardship of strict Sharia law divvied out by the Thugs of this modern Gestapo police of the Muslim rule.

have a look-see at these 5 videos, each maxing out at around 10 minutes...on life in Raqqa
news.vice.com...

and you will see that any rescue attempt would whack...imagine the whole Levant region like the city & burbs of Raqqa... and only 'luck' being the sole barrier to getting rounded up and having a suicide vest strapped on each family member by the ISIS religious/Sharia Law enforcement police (judge & jury)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: DelegateZero88

Huh? What a load of twaddle..

Forgetting the War of 1812 there for starters, War Plan Red was drawn up in the inter-war period, not after the War of Independence. The US did not have control over the UK's Empire after said War as there wasn't really one to speak of - the North American colonies were pretty much it. After they went their own way is when the British looked elsewhere, such as India and Africa.

The Americans coveted our Empire right the way up to the end of WW2 - the British kept them and others out of the Empires markets - and they tried to get chunks of it in exchange for War help but Churchill refused. They did manage to get their claws in after the War though by coming up with the UN, whose founding Charter called for decolonisation and "self-determination" for indigenous people...
edit on 5/10/14 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Why the hell would they tell us this?

We saw the guy we are after and hostages we think they will kill one by one, but we can't do anything.

Why would they release that information at all?

My guess, it says, ISIS is still too strong we can't even save our own people. Excuses more bombings.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: GogoVicMorrow

Chances are, being the Mail, they've had an off the record chat with some mid-ranking officer/official who may have said they might know where they are, then ran with the story with 90% of it made up...

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: sarra1833

Why should it have to fall to the USA to fix things constantly?

Seems to me that its very much a self-appointed role.....no-one asked the USA to be the world police.

When we jump in, we're yelled at/about by the rest of the world, saying how we're ''war hungry'' and ''want to be world police''. When we don't jump in, people complain cuz we didn't.

Yeah, I'd agree with that - damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Let Britain take a turn.

Err....are you really that unaware of world events?
The UK has been fighting side by side with the US in every arena throughout the Middle East.

USA isn't the only country in the world being affected by ISIS.

Exactly how is the USA 'being affected by ISIS'?

And the USA aren't the only country trying to deal with it.

UK special forces are generally regarded as amongst the best, if not THE best, in the world.
If their bosses have actually said that then their assessment deserves the utmost respect - they are the experts, not the politicians or the likes of you and I.
That advice would have been given after weighing up all available intel, resources etc and wouldn't have been arrived at based upon some emotional knee jerk reaction.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 05:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: EA006
a reply to: thesmokingman

I've held a suspicion for a long time, that the U.S never really became independent from Britain.

Oh America became independent, they just slowly replaced one foreign tyrannical government with home bred one.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 05:37 AM
link   

I'm sure glad I know you guys. One day, when the world is wrong, I can say I knew those guys who were smarter than everyone else.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 05:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesmokingman

originally posted by: Astyanax

So, first of all, since when are British special forces running the show?

Since 1815, Captain America.

When the British do regime change, they do it right. Dhofar Rebellion.

Unlike the United Fruit Company and Rumsfeld's Rangers...

Oh; and:

I think that possibly sacrificing a few troops is worth it to possibly save how many hostages?

You first, soldier.

Oh, ok, so this is Britians war? I dont think so friend...By the way, I am not a soldier...

So you are in no position to bleet on about sacrifices then pal

That was avery poor statement in my eyes

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: stumason

Are we talking about the same Churchill that wanted to hang
Ghandi and put my people in concentration camps? (Yep, the
very first)
Please note, that War Plan Red, still remained an active battle
plan through the fifties, in other words, agree with our idealogy
or we will invade and install a new government . So much for the
'home of democracy' and then there's Gladio.
Operation Gladio

When it wasn't the English that fought us for 400 years, or the Americans
in the form of the Clinton's that collapsed our economy, (It's called the shock doctrine,
The shock doctrine )
A special thanks to Milton Friedman for that.

The Anglo- American empire dominates all, I know an empire when I see it.
Please remember , that at the beginning of World War 1 , America had a smaller
army than Romania, by the end of WW2 with the creation of the A-bomb,
America now has more standing troops in more countries than the British
monarchy could ever hope for. But what do I know, I'm just talking twaddle.

edit on 5-10-2014 by DelegateZero88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   
If these reports are true, then we ow it to those poor hostages to do everything that can be done to save these people .

Buy I wonder, how has this news filtered down to us ? Would this not be top secret? One would think that this new revelation has now placed these hostages in even graver danger?
edit on 5-10-2014 by Max_TO because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Max_TO

Probably just one of those press dumps by the propaganda boys. Give folks something to chew on here there and abroad.

Saving these hostages may be a waste of time considering they would simply get more. All they really need is a few heads to cut off here and there to make a splash.

But anyway look at us now. over 10 years of fighting "terror" with boots on ground and we have a higher level of madness than at any time. The ground we took is lost again.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
They should put a high powered sniper rifle in the wing tips of those drones..

X

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: DelegateZero88
a reply to: stumason

Are we talking about the same Churchill that wanted to hang
Ghandi and put my people in concentration camps? (Yep, the
very first)
Please note, that War Plan Red, still remained an active battle
plan through the fifties, in other words, agree with our idealogy
or we will invade and install a new government . So much for the
'home of democracy' and then there's Gladio.
Operation Gladio

When it wasn't the English that fought us for 400 years, or the Americans
in the form of the Clinton's that collapsed our economy, (It's called the shock doctrine,
The shock doctrine )
A special thanks to Milton Friedman for that.

The Anglo- American empire dominates all, I know an empire when I see it.
Please remember , that at the beginning of World War 1 , America had a smaller
army than Romania, by the end of WW2 with the creation of the A-bomb,
America now has more standing troops in more countries than the British
monarchy could ever hope for. But what do I know, I'm just talking twaddle.

Follow the money mate. The U.S is majorly tied to British banks.
If you delve deeper you will not like what you see.
Tail wagging the dog.........

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock
a reply to: Max_TO

Probably just one of those press dumps by the propaganda boys. Give folks something to chew on here there and abroad.

Saving these hostages may be a waste of time considering they would simply get more. All they really need is a few heads to cut off here and there to make a splash.

But anyway look at us now. over 10 years of fighting "terror" with boots on ground and we have a higher level of madness than at any time. The ground we took is lost again.

It beggars belief, but you're right. They will take more hostages, but imagine fora minute the MOD did send the SAS in and one or more was caught? Bigger fish and all that......

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
i think this whole isis situation is bs we arnt in that country so we really dont know whats going on just like other places were just showed some pictures and video sculpted to our brain to accept anything they wish to lie about.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: wompingdv266

Unless you're arguing that all the refugees, international agencies, foreign news outlets, social media etc showing what is going on is all staged as well, that argument holds as much water as a leaky bucket on the sun.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join