It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Someone just 'Paid it Forward' to me

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Hit the wrong button. Tonight I went into a store to make a purchase and a young man behind me took my purchase and insisted paying for it. I resisted but he insisted. i said, Oh my god, you are paying it forward. He said yes. I had wine and he had a six pack of beer. Just goes to show it can happen any where white anyone. Almost brought me to tears. I will pay it forward with the next person I see. It feels contagious.
edit on 4-10-2014 by liveandlearn because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-10-2014 by liveandlearn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Awesome isn't it.

It's fun to do in a drive thru... pay for the person behind you.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: elevatedone
Awesome isn't it.

It's fun to do in a drive thru... pay for the person behind you.

Oops, is that how that works? I heard about it, and I started telling the people at the window the person behind me is going to pay for me. So I assume they just took it as we are friends or something.

Wow, I really screwed up the pay it forward deal. Pay it to the rear?

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   
This is supposedly the longest pay it forward event ever.

900 customers.

900 Starbucks Customers PIF

I must be missing out on a lot. I only go shopping at most a few times a month for a few staples. The PIF is generous and beautiful.

It's so cool you had this experience

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I am still overwhelmed. I know I will pay it forward many times hereafter. Still feeling teary at the kindness and thoughtfulness of the young man. My birthday is tomorrow. What a gift!! Not the purchase he made for me but the desire to help others and 'pay it forward';

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Just shows there are a LOT of decent people still alive.

I wish so much that tales like THESE would hit major news stations more and more. Sadly, all they like to do is give bad news on top of bad news.

I'd love one week (heck even one DAY) where on the news, every single news channel the world over, only tells happy stories. The 'bad news' junkies would froth at the mouth but for those who are tired of bad bad bad, they'd feel happiness in their hearts.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Pay it forward...I cry every time I see that movie. Love it.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   
liveandlearn,

good for you!!!

the exact opposite of what you posted on my thread....
"To little to late as usual. Disappointment that it is limited but certainly understand. This is a good service you offer."

it seems like you were in the exact place you were supposed to be...at the right time...

i am glad it happened to you..... stay positive and please pay it forward...

i'll send you some reiki just for an added bonus.

love,light,blessings,

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: elevatedone

I've had my meal paid for in a drive-thru. I got stuck behind someone going 15mph under the speed limit, which I didn't care for, however the idiot kept swerving into oncoming traffic, so I beeped my horn to get him back into his lane, which he promptly gave me the bird in thanks.

I tailed him through a McDonalds (wasn't even planning on eating, road rage), however he paid for my meal. I was shocked, and I instantly let all my anger towards him go.

Crazy how quickly one can get sucked up into adrenaline and road rage.

My first thoughts after he did that was, well maybe he didn't mean to flip me off, maybe he felt guilty about it.
edit on 10/5/2014 by digitalbluco because: spelling corrections, screw grammar

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Another pay it back idea which I use in stores. When you get store cards that give you money back for your past purchases. When in line to pay, whether the person is in front or behind you, say "I don't have a card could I use yours". Therefore your purchase credits go onto their card. I've done this a few times and some people are amazed though some have been suspicious that you are trying to con them til you explain how it works.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Another pay it back idea which I use

Here is one I do...only twice so far but it is in my toolbox now.

A guy was looking for donations to help amateur sports,in return I get chocolate.
I gave him a few bucks for 1 reeses piece.
I HATE chocolate!!!

Step 2 look for a homeless person and give the chocolate to them.
Everybody wins.

edit on 5-10-2014 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   
It absolutely makes my day when someone behind me pays for me or even gives me an extra dollar if I end up being short a dollar on something. Its so heartwarming to meet people like that.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: jgarcya

Yes, it is. To be honest, I have fought depression for 10 years tho now it is low level. Still the spiral has been downward. Lately I have retreated into myself, dreading leaving the house. This was just what I needed to look outside myself and reach out to others. Coincidence,divine intervention, don't know but it was well timed.

Apologize for the late reply. It was my birthday and I went out and danced a little first time in months and even went out to eat. Yea me.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: digitalbluco

Wow, a little kindness is powerful no matter the source. Good lesson.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Thats so awesome hopefully it catches on and becomes a 'trend' ! Much better than trends like the ice bucket challenge! Lol.

Happy birthday!

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
If anything annoys me, this is one of them. PIF, is not generousity but greed. How is that not apparent. Someone pays for you great, your items are free but now you feel abliged to pay for someone else. Its like an emotional contract, just like the charity guy standing at the supermarket door wanting your change. It benefits you in no way, only the person who takes off with free stuff but never shares again. Its really stupid.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackProject
If anything annoys me, this is one of them. PIF, is not generousity but greed. How is that not apparent. Someone pays for you great, your items are free but now you feel abliged to pay for someone else. Its like an emotional contract, just like the charity guy standing at the supermarket door wanting your change. It benefits you in no way, only the person who takes off with free stuff but never shares again. Its really stupid.

So sorry for your cynicism. What you say is not true at all. Some may never pass it forward because they can't. For me it was inspirational because I have been so inside myself. It gave me the impetus to move beyond myself and think of others. No obligation at all.

You said

It benefits you in no way, only the person who takes off with free stuff but never shares again. Its really stupid.

Well, I am the guy/gal who took off with the free stuff. And I will pass it forward. I have decided I will do it for someone who doesn't appear to be able to pass it forward and someone who can.

Call me stupid if you like but that is what I plan to do.

Just want to add: I am old and have learned that not allowing someone to be generous or refusing their gift, hurts the spirit of the person. Regardless of the reason for the gift, it can make a difference in their life as well as yours.

edit on 7-10-2014 by liveandlearn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn

I'm happy for You that this happened at the point in Your life that it did. Seems as though it helped You, in a better way than the giver thought, eh?
That's great!

ETA: Happy Late B-Day!!

edit on 8-10-2014 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: sarra1833

The one week, or just one day of nothing but good news would be amazing, to say the least. It is a Beautiful Thought, however, I think we'd be VERY lucky to get even one Hour of just good news. Sad, but probably true.
Keep up the positive wishes for that one day though, and maybe some day, hopefully soon, You will see it happen!
Let's hope so, right? Later, Syx.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn

I completely understand how it made you feel and that is great to hear. However generosity should come from doing acts other then spending money, it puts money and material things first with this PIF trend. I was not intending to call you stupid, I am saying those in general that do this, are missing the point. I have seen people feel seriously guilty over being paid for and then feel compelled to have to buy someone else something. I have also seen people feel disrespected due to people thinking they need to some how offer charity. It is just moving money around.

I can see how majority of people these days have forgotten how to act generously to others and think by flashing cash about, helps.
edit on 8-10-2014 by BlackProject because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join