It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Account? Do not think so

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I have for many years and months now used ats, mostly here to read the topics. I just wanted to state how trying to register on this website a new account, cannot be completed. Well for me at least. Yes I am posting now with my old account, an account I had to search for using google to find an old post I posted just to know my log in name, to then reset the password to log in to tell the forums or website this situation.

I wanted to post here for months now and recently just had no luck making a new account, when I put in a username and says all good and progresses, there is nothing on the next page, just blank. I have tried 4 different browsers on both operating systems mac and windows and the same occurs. I even tried proxies and still nothing.

So not sure if this is just me but im pretty aware of how computers and servers communicate and there is something seriously wrong with letting new users join.

Well, my two cents. I hope if it is not just me getting this problem it is solved for new members wanting to join.

Just hope this account stays live to continue making some new posts.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I think you would have to use a different email to make another account. Not 100% sure though
Oh, and welcome back!!!
edit on 4-10-2014 by thesmokingman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: thesmokingman

Thank you very much kind sir.

Yea I used different emails and everything to check that nothing was connected to me trying to make an account. Maybe it is something simple, maybe when I have tried to connect I have just been up way to late reading on ats lol. Standard procedure for most I would have thought here but yea, if not then some administrator needs to just check that out.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackProject

Thank you very much kind sir.

Yea I used different emails and everything to check that nothing was connected to me trying to make an account. Maybe it is something simple, maybe when I have tried to connect I have just been up way to late reading on ats lol. Standard procedure for most I would have thought here but yea, if not then some administrator needs to just check that out.

Someone may be watching you

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   

My sentiments entirely. Considering where these servers run back to, I would not be surprised.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackProject

Where do they run back too?

And welcome back, blackproject.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I know technically we're not to make but only one account. Perhaps ATS has it set so it keeps the IP locked in so only one account can be had? Though then again I have seen people banned only to return with another account (only hearsay on my end and reading replies as the writers' way of writing and such rather showed it was the same banned person come back under a new name).

I'm not sure what the issue is to be honest. I hope you can either figure it out, or lay your posting history and ATS life into this current account you have now.
I"m glad you found the account and were able to fix the passcode to get on.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

Thank you also for your warm welcome.

and considering I just was able to get back here, I do not think I will bother going down that route sadly. Considering others have been banned for saying so. Give it a little google, I am sure you will find something regarding this. If not, let me know ill try lean you in the right direction.

.. and so if I do disappear, it was nice knowing you lol!

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
So, you have your old account?

What's the problem?

Looks like everything is ok unless you are trying to go black ops or something.

Relax.

Peace

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Ahh ok, no prob. Stay safe. Keep her shiny side up as they say.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: sarra1833

Thank you for your reply. Public IP's which websites normally work from are IP addresses that can change and will change over time every time you boot up your router again, it can change. Its MAC addresses you can only determine a persons real identity, computer identity. So not sure its that, I am thinking that something is up however. Those that have been banned and come back are running proxies, hiding their public IP.

Eitherway, I am back, just hope others can get on here again. It is such a great place for like minded people to chat on.

.. and thank you for the warm welcome also

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   

edit on 4-10-2014 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

Blackops
love it.

Just posting to hope that if anything wrong admins can fix it, just would hate to see ats fall down due to something as simple as users cant register.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Yea I used different emails and everything to check that nothing was connected to me trying to make an account.

I'm guessing you tried to use anonymous / throw away email addresses. ATS seems to have blocked most of those services, so you have to register using an email provider like gmail or something "legit". I guess it's to stop trolls from making a million accounts using throw away email addresses.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

Yea I can imagine they have but blacklists for various fake email websites however I did make new email addresses with outlook and other services and still no luck.

edit on 4-10-2014 by BlackProject because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Yes, I am a new member and I was trying to start a new thread, but the page is just blank (let's see if this reply is posted...).

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Emma3

Hi Emma, you need 20 posts before you can make a thread.

Say Hi in the introductions thread and you will have them in short order.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Ok, thank you and I'm sorry that I posted something that's not relevant to this topic here, BlackProject.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Nevermind, my post was dumb. I'm tired and sick. Someone delete.
edit on 10/4/2014 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Thanks for posting about the problem.

Just to let you know: a senior staff member has contacted one of the ATS site owners about this. They'll be looking into the issue pretty promptly.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join