It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Congo-Kinshasa: HIV/Aids Origins Traced to Kinshasa

page: 1

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 03:45 PM

A new study finds that HIV/AIDS originated in the 1920s in the central African city of Kinshasa, in what is now the Democratic Republic of Congo.

Researchers say "a perfect storm" of factors "primed the HIV pandemic," including rail and river transport in 1960s Congo, a booming sex trade and the use of unsterilized needles in health clinics.

The international research team traced HIV's genetic history using archived samples of the virus's genetic code.

HIV was first recognized in the 1980s. Worldwide, some 75 million people have been infected with it. Around 36 million of them have died....

...The researchers believe the virus first jumped to humans through infected blood from bush meat.

From there, the virus spread to areas of Africa beyond Kinshasa, and eventually to the world. The report establishes that more than 1 million people were using Kinshasa's Belgium-backed railways by the end of 1940, contributing to the disease's spread. At that time, Kinshasa was part of the Belgian Congo.

Source is from infect bush meat? That's a better theory than thinking someone banged a monkey. Maybe the CIA didn't create it to wipe bout the blacks and homosexuals.

It's annoying they don't link the source or even say who the researchers are. I would like to read their study.
edit on 4-10-2014 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 04:39 PM
a reply to: Swills

I've heard both the infected bush meat and beastiality theories before...

Doesn't explain why so late in the game, considering both of those protagonists would have occurred in caveman days...

If it really did appear in the 1900s... I'm guessing it was delierately done!

new topics