It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police investigate UFO spotted over Breckenridge Oct 3 2014

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: FlyersFan

So why would the military send up jets to investigate balloons?

I'm not sure they did , the balloons may have been Google's or they may have been the military's version which we know were being tested at Colorado Springs ,that could explain why the military aircraft were there.

There was 4 jets there, this is from 'geekchic324' post above, who witnessed the event

Between Walmart and home (about 15 mins), the white dots increased from 2 to 3, and the jets had increased from 1 to 4. The jets kept flying around the city, and each time they came back around they all headed straight for the dot that was closest to the sun

Now, why would the military send up 4 jets if it was just ' loons' ?

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

There was 4 jets there, this is from 'geekchic324' post above, who witnessed the event

geekchic witnessed the loons at Colorado Springs , as seen in the videos posted by freedommusic they were balloons.

Now, why would the military send up 4 jets if it was just ' loons' ?

Who says the jets were there for the balloons ? , they may have just been on a training flight from nearby Peterson Air Force Base.

If they were there for the balloons perhaps as I theorised earlier in the thread they were part of an exercise with the military version of the Google technology launched from or returning to Schriever Air Force Base.

But the U.S. Army also has its eyes on free-flying communications balloon technology. In October 2012, the U.S. Army Space and Missile Defense Command/Army Forces Strategic Command tested the Combat SkySat military retransmission platform in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
Google's Loon Project Puts Balloon Technology in Spotlight

So perhaps they weren't Google loons but military loons instead.

edit on 6-10-2014 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Thanks for the video! This video was on a duplicate-loop, but was very interesting. From my interest in "ET-craft patrols", I don't think this was one of "ours." S-4, the alien technology portion of Area 51, has never been working on "small, unmanned" craft that I know of, and military drones are about as advanced as we have right now for "small, unmanned" craft. Otherwise we rely on satellites for surveillance.

Most everything S-4 and the U.S. militaries work on are man-sized craft, even if it has unmanned flight capabilities, like the Air Force's Spaceplane on our old shuttle design, that has been in low orbit for years. The super-secret triangles, TR-3B, are built for a 3-man crew in all editions, I believe.

Plus these three craft are flying in a "defensive" posture. Whenever 2 or 3 are clustered in flight, there is always a lead craft or a triangle formation if flying laterally. I'm guessing to maximize visibility in 360-degrees. In some of this video they looked to be flying vertically in a 3-stack, but with a slant forward or behind. Probably to not be a three-in-a-row target if shot from above.

I'm assuming each craft has both surveillance and weaponry capabilities. (Although, in the 1980s, our planet wasn't so dangerous. But with all the non-aircraft sonic booms of vortices opening/closing, and all the quake/booms underground from tunnels being dug, there are a lot more different ET species on Earth now, and some are enemies.)

These three balls may also represent the "orange balls" that have become more visible in the last decade or so. These unmanned craft may be white with speed, and only appear orange when slowing down. And their increased vulnerability while orange is why they may appear to be jerking/bouncing around, to avoid becoming a target.

Then again, these craft may be of a "friendly" species giving us a demonstration low over Area 51 or S-4. Although, like I said, most Black Op craft projects are working on man-sized craft.

edit on 6-10-2014 by MKMoniker because: clarification

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   
This is pretty interesting to me. About 3-4 weeks ago, I got a text from my mom asking if I had heard of any reports of a UFO near a busy intersection in south Columbus. She knows I keep an ear out for this kind of thing and I routinely monitor a scanner that covers multiple agencies in Central Ohio. Unfortunately, I had not been listening on the day she had asked about and I had not heard of anything up until that point, so I called her to ask about specifics.

Apparently one of her co-workers was driving down a main thoroughfare and witnessed something similar to what was in the news video posted here. By her account, the object was much closer, enough that multiple people noticed it and pulled over. The co-worker said several people got out of their cars, staring at the object. She said several people started freaking out saying it must be the end of the world. The object was stationary for some time, completely silent, and then began to move away slowly. It then picked up speed and went behind the treeline and out of view.

I asked my mom to check with the witness the next day at work to see if she or anyone else she saw had recorded the incident. It seemed like a no-brainer to me that at least one of the people who saw the object would pull out their phone and record it. Unfortunately, the co-worker had not thought to record the incident and didn't know if anyone else filmed it. I searched for news reports but didn't find anything.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
here we go. and I love breckenridge and whats that tiny place loveland yes thats it loveland breckenridge keystone. you are lucky to live there

edit on 7-10-2014 by Speckle because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
ok well I couldn't get this to post regular so heres the link www.youtube.com...

I saw something similar to this one night and someone sent me this YouTube a few days later. Without telling my location it wasn't very far.

Official reporting site for Montana showing the time frame www.nuforc.org...
edit on 7-10-2014 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
I like this one. One earthly possibility: Does anyone here know anything on the status of "directed plasmas?" There was some interesting discussion on gubmint contractor boards about it a couple of years ago, and then the subject seemed to be scrubbed?

MARAUDER? I dunno if anything was published on it (available publicly anyway) after the early 1990's.

I lean towards the aerostat explanation, but I'm surprised noone has come forward to explain it. Also the manuvering and apparent station keeping.

Did these objects move against the wind?

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Really interesting post. What happened when a jet got close to a dot? Did they seem to be at the same altitude?

If those are the Google loons, I wonder how safe they are for air traffic. Do they have lights, because these don't appear to. Could a plane not barrel into one accidentally, with disastrous results?

Which reminds me, whenever there are these events where UFOs hover for hours, I always wonder why at least one private pilot doesn't get in a plane and investigate.

originally posted by: geekchic324
a reply to: freedommusic

My fiance and I saw this as well, watched the whole thing transpire over the course of about 30 mins to an hour.

I went into Walmart on Platte to cash a check, while standing in line we started hearing really loud sounds similar to thunder, but definitely not thunder. The girl at the check cashing counter said to me "That's really starting to freak me out, it happened twice now in the last 10 mins and I've never heard that before". I didn't think anything of it, and walked back out to the car where my fiance was waiting. I see him staring up at the sky, and he immediately points up and says "Can you tell me what those white dots are in the sky, and why the jets keep flying towards them?!" I looked up to see 2 white dots, with one jet flying towards it. The jets are what we heard inside Walmart.

We drove home rather than sitting and watching because we were on a time schedule. Between Walmart and home (about 15 mins), the white dots increased from 2 to 3, and the jets had increased from 1 to 4. The jets kept flying around the city, and each time they came back around they all headed straight for the dot that was closest to the sun. They must have circled at least 10 times, probably more that we didn't see while driving. Eventually the clouds came over the point where we were seeing the dots (looking slightly south from Circle and Fountain), and we could no longer see the dots. The jets stopped flying over as well.

Here is what was odd to me:
1. The dots were stationary. Balloons would move with the wind and the clouds.
2. The jets! Why all the jets, and why did they fly directly toward one of the dots, multiple times over??
3. One of the white dots appeared out of nowhere. There were two, then I looked down for a minute or two, and suddenly there were 3. The third one appeared very close to one of the other dots, so we definitely would have seen it if it was there from the beginning.

I don't know what I saw, but it's definitely exciting.

And yes, I joined this website just to share my story! This is the first I've found of someone else in the Springs seeing the event, so I had to share as well.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
If they were loons or similar, especially from the military base, then it honestly makes a lot of sense for military aircraft to interact with them. It could have been them testing their telemetry or whatever new features the balloons give them.

It seems pretty rational to me, Including the disconnect between local PD and the public. At first I thought it odd the PD wouldn't just say "oh it's a military test", but then again they aren't required to inform them of non ground tests, are they?

<< 1  2  3   >>

join