It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police investigate UFO spotted over Breckenridge Oct 3 2014

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
nice find!!! thank you!!!a reply to: drneville

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
These are drones and they are testing their active camouflage to see how effective they are and to probe civilian reaction.

Shame no one had any decent zoom tech.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

originally posted by: Realtruth
Where is all the skeptics and debunkers now? lol

Come guys this thread should be full of debunkers by now.

I think it's been debunked , the high altitude balloon explanation seems to me to the probable explanation.
It may have been the U.S. Army testing their own version of the Google tech down the road in Colorado Springs.

But the U.S. Army also has its eyes on free-flying communications balloon technology. In October 2012, the U.S. Army Space and Missile Defense Command/Army Forces Strategic Command tested the Combat SkySat military retransmission platform in Colorado Springs, Colorado. Balloons floating at 80,000 and 30,000 feet established a handheld radio communications link from 150 miles away.
Google's Loon Project Puts Balloon Technology in Spotlight

No one has debunked this. If you watch the reporter on the video, he clearly states that due to the stationary nature the object exhibited for a long duration it wasn't a drone, and due to the speed which it flew away it wasn't any kind of weather balloon or Google thingy, unless they have started installing rocket thrusters on the latter two types.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Great, more white dots in the sky validated by no one and investigated by the police who will find nothing = FAIL!

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   
It's not "fail," many legitimate sightings will be just like this. You can't dismiss it simply because it doesn't meet your predetermined checklist of what a sighting should entail.

Ironically, it's "dots" like this that I sighted in Denver a year or so back that made me think I finally saw my own first legitimate ufo. I have always believed in ufos, but never for a moment thought I sighted one until last year. I have sighted slow moving white dots, which I wrote off as weather balloons. I've wrote off dark dots, blinking lights, etc.. because I am much more apt to think something is more mundane than not. But I finally saw two objects in the space of 30 minutes that changed my mind.

So perhaps something is flying around over Colorado skies. Pretty cool imo. : )

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 01:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: igor_ats
These are drones and they are testing their active camouflage to see how effective they are and to probe civilian reaction.

Shame no one had any decent zoom tech.

beh...the same it's a weatherballoon argument but now with drones. If ones wants to test camouflage one doesn't spray them white

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 02:27 AM
link   
What I want to know is why there is no video of the actual orbs from the reporter. I would have thought a reporter on site would have set the camera to record and got all of what he could at the time, is there any actual footage of this moment?

If not then that is odd and would seem like someone stepped in before it could be shown.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 02:33 AM
link   
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

he clearly states that due to the stationary nature the object exhibited for a long duration it wasn't a drone

The Loon is stationary the clouds are moving.

Looks an awful lot like this to my eyes

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 03:09 AM
link   
a reply to: freedommusic

My fiance and I saw this as well, watched the whole thing transpire over the course of about 30 mins to an hour.

I went into Walmart on Platte to cash a check, while standing in line we started hearing really loud sounds similar to thunder, but definitely not thunder. The girl at the check cashing counter said to me "That's really starting to freak me out, it happened twice now in the last 10 mins and I've never heard that before". I didn't think anything of it, and walked back out to the car where my fiance was waiting. I see him staring up at the sky, and he immediately points up and says "Can you tell me what those white dots are in the sky, and why the jets keep flying towards them?!" I looked up to see 2 white dots, with one jet flying towards it. The jets are what we heard inside Walmart.

We drove home rather than sitting and watching because we were on a time schedule. Between Walmart and home (about 15 mins), the white dots increased from 2 to 3, and the jets had increased from 1 to 4. The jets kept flying around the city, and each time they came back around they all headed straight for the dot that was closest to the sun. They must have circled at least 10 times, probably more that we didn't see while driving. Eventually the clouds came over the point where we were seeing the dots (looking slightly south from Circle and Fountain), and we could no longer see the dots. The jets stopped flying over as well.

Here is what was odd to me:
1. The dots were stationary. Balloons would move with the wind and the clouds.
2. The jets! Why all the jets, and why did they fly directly toward one of the dots, multiple times over??
3. One of the white dots appeared out of nowhere. There were two, then I looked down for a minute or two, and suddenly there were 3. The third one appeared very close to one of the other dots, so we definitely would have seen it if it was there from the beginning.

I don't know what I saw, but it's definitely exciting.

And yes, I joined this website just to share my story! This is the first I've found of someone else in the Springs seeing the event, so I had to share as well.
edit on 6-10-2014 by geekchic324 because: Forgot a small detail

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 03:15 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I live in Colorado Springs. Breckenridge is 100 miles from here, and that's straight from Google Maps. There is no way that someone in Breckenridge would be able to see something in the sky above Colorado Springs, unless it were at a very high altitude, and a PERFECTLY clear day. Even on a clear day though, isn't visibility only 10 miles?

Also, the Breckenridge incident happened in the early morning. I saw the anomalies here in south Colorado Springs between 4 pm-5:30 pm. See previous post for that explanation.

Pretty sure it was two separate incidents.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: geekchic324

Excellent first-hand report there!
As i said in my first post, this sounds interesting, even more so now after reading your post.

Welcome to the site, keep up the good work...

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 03:53 AM
link   
a reply to: geekchic324

I think this seals it , video posted by freedommusic on page two of the objects (Loons).

And one including Fighter Jets.

I recorded these white objects yesterday in Colorado Springs for about 2.5 hours. My best guess is 3 google loons (balloons). Couldn't track them on flight radar though. Airforce jets were curious as well. Peace
www.rumormillnews.com...

Case Closed.

edit on 6-10-2014 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   
What are they going to investigate...3 dots in the sky could be anything. like balloons

unless they do crazy maneuvers this is nothing special

originally posted by: Cuervo

originally posted by: data5091
I like the fact the Reporter also saw the ufo's. I just did a quick scan/check of some other ufo sites I peruse, and noted there was this one also from Breckinridge which also came in on the same date.

Awesome. That report also mentions a triangular formation.

3 point always makes a triangle
edit on 6-10-2014 by 3xil3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

That is exactly what they look like!

Only thing that makes me wonder if WHY did other reports say they formed triangles and straight lines?

You would think the military would have said no big deal folks... just a balloon?

ETA: News sources also describe reports of them staying stationary for five minutes, other reports of them flying off at high speeds behind the mountains?
edit on 6-10-2014 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

We haven't had a good sighting since Chicago/O'Hare

So why would the military send up jets to investigate balloons?
That doesn't make sense to me. They would know they were balloons.
They must have thought they were something else??

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

So why would the military send up jets to investigate balloons?

I'm not sure they did , the balloons may have been Google's or they may have been the military's version which we know were being tested at Colorado Springs ,that could explain why the military aircraft were there.

edit on 6-10-2014 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
These 3 *orbs* have been around a bit over the years, in fact if it's the same 3 they have just about achieved celebrity status.

and i think it's the same 3

I've seen them twice, but not for a few years. The first time they were moving along like satellites, but the 2 behind the 1st seemed to be playing tag and it all reminded me of some documentary where a mother strides along with 2 cubs in tow tussling behind her.. for some reason..

The second time a few folks in Sydney saw it too, there was even a thread on ATS wherein the good folks here concluded it was all just reflections on a boat window but I'm nowhere near a boat, nor was i near any window when i looked up (from walking home along old train tracks) and saw 3 very bright *stars* in a tight triangle formation that were there one minute then gone soon after the next cloud, and have never been there since.

Many of the more decent sightings that aren't CGI (and have been covered by some news source not just utube) have been of the 3, regularly forming a triangle before the end of the encounter. Normally described as big shiny orbs.. it's a thing now, there's been far to many cases with the same data, and from all walks of society.. not just utube celebrity's with big CGI 'puters...

it's a thing now.. can we just agree on that.. based on a few years of almost perfectly similar data.. ?

as for what they are.. this is out there, but not all that *out there* .. maybe they are like jellyfish, but a form we haven't classified yet.. in the deepest oceans we still find life that thrives in conditions that would kill most anything. maybe these things cruise the galaxy as it's oceans, and can survive in almost any conditions.. including our own oceans.

It would explain a fair lot of sightings.. and solve a lot of questions as to why they just hang there and don't pop around for a cup of tea and biscuits.

edit on 6-10-2014 by Xarian6 because: .

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

There are times when you can see the planets and some stars during the full daylight. Venus is one of those that sometimes can be seen. Ditto Jupiter, Mars and supernovas.

Live Science

10 Space Objects Visible in Daytime Sky

Stars and planets in the daytime

If these three objects sat there without moving for a hour or two then they could be planets. If they moved quickly and formed shapes, lines, triangles .. then obviously it's something else.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
www.examiner.com...
UFOS SIGHTED OVER COLORADO MOUNTAINS: FORMATION INVESTIGATED BY POLICE, NORAD

"KUSA reported that a similar sighting incident occurred in Utah on Thursday. UFO Stalker posted one report of "3 bright white lights in diagonal line" on Oct. 2 from Taylorsville... Witnesses reported the UFO as elongated, even cigar-shaped, and silently traveling across the sky, one witness reported via Sky Stalker that the object flashed blue, green, and white, reminding him of a "falling star." He said, "It lasted several seconds, four to eight. As it moved across my field of vision the tail seemed to be sparking, or breaking off in pieces."

(NOTE: Witness reports tend to vary. Were these 3 bright lights all in a line, as seen in Utah? Or 3 color-changing balls of light in a line and perceived as a cigar-craft in Colorado? And if the end craft/piece was "sparking, or breaking off in pieces", was it under attack in Colorado?)

LOTS of UFOs are seen over Colorado, which has some major Intel Agencies AND whatever mysteries are under the Denver Airport. I've seen a UFO report by a woman in the past few years, who witnessed the ground open up south of Breckenridge, and a UFO/craft lower into it. These "underground UFO storage" areas appear elsewhere too. And UFO/ET-craft approaching will display the same behavior as seen above Breckenridge: hover and flash a code, probably their ID and a request to lower into the craft storage/parking.

I can't locate the article of what the woman witnessed now, but here is the NUFORC page for Colorado sightings:

www.nuforc.org...
NUFORC: COLORADO UFO SIGHTINGS BY DATE/DESCRIPTION

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I meant to put this video in a couple of days ago, it's old 80's film taken at A51 seemingly, and there's three of them,

Same behaviour?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join