It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

D.C. hospital evaluating a patient who has Ebola-like symptoms

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Two Washington area hospitals said within hours of each other Friday that they had each admitted a patient with symptoms and travel histories associated with Ebola.

A person who had recently traveled to Nigeria came to Howard University Hospital in the District overnight "presenting symptoms that could be associated with Ebola," spokeswoman Kerry-Ann Hamilton said in a statement.

"In an abundance of caution, we have activated the appropriate infection control protocols, including isolating the patient," she said. "Our medical team continues to evaluate and monitor progress in close collaboration with the CDC and the Department of Health."

Just hours later, Shady Grove Adventist Hospital in Rockville, Md., north of Washington, confirmed that it was evaluating a patient who "presented with flu-like symptoms and a travel history that matches criteria for possible Ebola."

Washington Post

well, that's 2 more possible cases... I guess it's to soon to say what will happen with these.

Potential Ebola patients who were evaluated in New York, California, New Mexico and Miami all tested negative for the virus.

that's a good thing right?

anyway most of you here know by now my wife is an ER nurse here in Colorado and last night while we were watching the news about how that Dallas hospital screwed up in letting that first guy walk away...

My wife just snorted and said, "He probably didn't have insurance... So they only gave him a quick eval and got him out of there as fast as can be"

Her point being that without insurance in this country good luck in getting any kind of health care even if your bleeding out of your eyes.
edit on 4-10-2014 by HardCorps because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Tested negative. You'll fid that most if not all will end up being negative. Hospitals/clinics are working with VERY conservative criteria (rightly so). Things are not nearly as dire as the hysteria would suggest. At least not here in the U.S.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

Very true...
Still what concerns the wife and I is what about those without insurance...
If they get sick there not likely to go to a doctor right?

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: HardCorps

I believe most everyone would go. A lot of fear out there. In a situation like this the system is far less focused on their usual 'insurance-or-die' policies and more on the liability associated with letting a contagious person back on the streets --- that Dallas Hospital is going to get seriously screwed.

top topics

join