It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tear the system apart

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Why are the majority of people sleeping? Chances are you are going to become unemployed, or in a less worse scenario your children are. You or your children are going to be replaced by robots. Millions of jobs are going to disappear in the next few decades -forever-, in half a century society is going to look very different. The lower class will be left out while the upper class will likely have it all, living in a robotic paradise where all they do is either education, sports or entertainment.

By now if people knew about the coming changes they'd be protesting and maybe even mass rioting. But people don't want to know, they don't want to think of this horror that's coming their way. Everything is fine and peachy, sure there are debt problems but we'll get over it. But we won't and things are only going down the drain more every day while robots get better every day and by 2020 when the autonomous cars will arrive, it's goodbye taxi drivers, truck drivers, boat captains, not to mention with robots like Baxter it's goodbye industry workers, you all have to find different jobs. Don't deny that sense of doom and gloom, it's true and there's nothing to do about it but follow the "if you can't beat them, join them" and start to learn how to program today and you might have food in the future.

We seriously need to get rid of mortgages, the money system, education needs to get an overhaul to get more programmers and technicians who can create and fix robots because if we don't we'll all go down save a few with the foresight and money.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: johnnyjoe1979

The people at the top will do it to themselves. They will eventually have all the power and wealth and use it to isolate themselves as everyone about them starves. They will bring about their own downfall.

Greed and paranoia makes for bigger castles and deeper moats but eventually the structures they have wrought with all their money will be the only thing remaining as a testament to their vanity.

One Example

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   

This is a blessing really, who the hell wants to stand on concrete for 12 hours a day assembling crap or flipping burgers all day for $8 an hour. Once the technology has been born into reality it can always be reappropriated by the masses. Maybe that is the ingredient communism was missing the last time around, a fully automated labor force to keep the means of production moving uninterrupted while the people figure out what they really want to do with their destiny.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

There is no comparable situation, robots have been only here since half a century or so, not counting primitive robots. It's either going to be like two societies, one following the old ways of manual hard labor and another having robots. Or it'll be a revolution after which all share in the benefits of robotics.

It's important to understand jobs will be gone forever and this will have an impact on money. Robots don't need money, those who own them will not need money, they can have farms for growing food, robots for mining ores and other resources, factories for creating houses, cars, maintenance robots, everything they need and money will not be a factor. Meanwhile those without robots will still need money to trade. The contrast between rich and poor will only grow bigger and to top it off those with robots will have more time to spend on education and development while those still doing manual labor will not have that oppertunity to further develop or at least in a much slower pace.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Nechash

It's not a question of wanting but needing to do something for an income. The technology is already here but it's not going to be distributed in a communistic fashion, it's business secrets and patenting. Except for the open source, if we didn't have that and everything would be closed source things would be even worse.

My point being it's a blessing for only a select few families. Which they have deserved and all is fair game, but a lot of people are going to get into trouble the next few decades, millions probably and I don't see them organizing or preparing in some way. Those flipping burgers will get replaced and even if they have other skills, those jobs are going to get replaced as well.

And maybe we'll have 2 economies, one robotic and free of money altogether and the other human, but even then during this transformation a lot of people are going to get the shaft because not enough is done to lead all of this to a good result for all.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   

This reality is a moment away from being shattered into oblivion. We can remake of it whatever we desire.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
...Or, we need to create a system that excludes the elites and their schemes. Instead of buying stuff, we should be making it ourselves. Completely withdraw from the system. If everyone would stay home for 1 year, live off the land, etc., etc., --the system would crash. It needs to be done away with, I agree. Stop playing their game. Stop being cattle. Stop being sheep. I'm all for destroying the perverted system of greed.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   

It's important to understand jobs will be gone forever and this will have an impact on money.

Robots beget robots, huh?

Thats a good sic fi line, where have I heard that before?

Isaac Asimov?

Arhtur C. Clark?

DARRP?

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Some days I just sit and wonder why there seems to be a certain personality-type that despite the sheer magnitude of the numbers involved (going against the grain--->a fringe-group of people); elect to lead and to rule over this unfathomable number of humans- and to think somehow their policies will be success-ridden?

Order out of chaos? LOL! We didn't know what chaos was until you gave us examples.

Not directed at OP.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
YOu got spunk. You're zealous; juicy; bouncy; passionate. Me? Flat; plain; square; inactive.

I just see you worrying about being replaced by artificial brains. People have been worrying about that since the first tools and machines appeared. Many, many jobs have been lost over the past millenia due to advances in knowledge and technology. Old ways of living pass away and new ones come into being. Some people make it, some don't. Evolution is as much a part of our genes as it's our technology and society.

Artificial intelligence may or may not meet the expecations, though. Doesn't matter, as we'll still become history; archaeology.

This world is for the young, principally, or the old if they can crack it, but I think it's a lot harder for them. Youth is more stretchable.

I was just reading about this book before I came here:
www.goodreads.com - Robot: Mere Machine to Transcendent Mind ...
edit on 4-10-2014 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

top topics

join