It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YOU are great

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   
This reminds me of one of the most beautiful short movies I've seen called "Validation"...

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: solemind4

And YOU are AMAZING!! God Bless!!

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I am not a big supporter of "following your dreams". I prefer "living your life".

Dreams are so often unrealistic, idealistic, and distract one from savoring the experiences and opportunities happening right now.

Due to my early childhood experiences, I had no expectations or hope for future. But now, I think that is precisely what made my life turn out great!

I still wonder at the fact that I have been married happily for 23 years to the same man, and am still madly in love, and he with me... I never believed in "real love", I never bought the idea that "there's someone out there" for me, when I said my marriage vows, I assumed this was "until divorce do we part". Because everyone I knew growing up was divorced and married many times. My mother never loved me and my father stopped loving me and left when I little, so I just thought love is like that- a flower that blooms if you're lucky, and then fades away quickly.

Everything that has happened to me as an adult goes beyond my wildest dreams or fantasies, and I think I could die today with the thought that it has been an awesome ride and I've achieved incredible things.

I suspect that following dreams is the biggest source of unhappiness and discontent amongst humans.
edit on 19-10-2014 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-10-2014 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
While I can appreciate the intent of this message, its really nothing more than recounting childhood fairy tales to make us sleep easier at night. Existence is devoid of meaning or plan. Millions of people live hellish short brutal lives where their only comfort is the sweet release of death. Does anyone really think there is a happy ending for All of us? Statistically speaking, some people will find happiness, meaning, and purpose in their lives (for whatever that's worth), and the others will live with varying degrees of misery. Nothing changes by whichever type of life we get luckily or unluckily found in, merely the subjective response it manifests in us.

So, in response, I think the more accurate statement would read: 'A very small percentage of you are great, the rest are either average or below average.'

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
GREAT POST!!!!
Really needed to read that today.....Thank you!!

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

That's was a great short movie
Really makes you think....
Thank you for posting that, brought a tear and a smile at the same time

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: NorEaster

Dude, thanks for those commercials. I imagine my life ending on all three of those moments,combined.

The universe hates me, what can I say?

All this new-agey BS, nope, can't go there. I used to think it was ok.

Then the real world kicked in, and I realized that however good I am, however I do the right thing, nothing will go right. Nothing. Ever.

Utopia cannot ever happen, given human nature. Not even close can we come. I'm the guy in all three of those commercials, yet at least I can still laugh about it even while my life circles the drain. Barely.

BTW, I ain't great, and no one else is. Anyone who thinks they are is a fool. Seven billion people on this planet and all are fools. All of us.

I am not great. NONE of us are. Anyone who thinks they are has a superiority complex. I'd go so far as to say not a single person, anywhere on this earth, should be spared from death. The whole human species deserves to die off, horribly and painfully.

"You're gonna win....You're gonna WIN!!!!!!!"

Not ever. I'll never win and I'm doing all the right things. I know this as I've done all the wrong things in my previous life.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheSpanishArcher

Dude, thanks for those commercials. I imagine my life ending on all three of those moments,combined.

The universe hates me, what can I say?

All this new-agey BS, nope, can't go there. I used to think it was ok.

Then the real world kicked in, and I realized that however good I am, however I do the right thing, nothing will go right. Nothing. Ever.

Utopia cannot ever happen, given human nature. Not even close can we come. I'm the guy in all three of those commercials, yet at least I can still laugh about it even while my life circles the drain. Barely.

BTW, I ain't great, and no one else is. Anyone who thinks they are is a fool. Seven billion people on this planet and all are fools. All of us.

I am not great. NONE of us are. Anyone who thinks they are has a superiority complex. I'd go so far as to say not a single person, anywhere on this earth, should be spared from death. The whole human species deserves to die off, horribly and painfully.

"You're gonna win....You're gonna WIN!!!!!!!"

Not ever. I'll never win and I'm doing all the right things. I know this as I've done all the wrong things in my previous life.

I used to be like you. I'm mostly deaf and hear with the help of large BTE hearing aids. I grew up with parents who were embarrassed by me, friends who taunted me, school kids who tripped, spit, teased and tortured me. I didn't have a single date in high school and, because I had parents who gave me no direction whatsoever, I did not even attempt to go to college. I took a retail job to get through life and had a horrible time trying to hear and was always pulled into the office with lectures. I hated my life, felt like I wasn't worth the spit on the pavement, and wanted to end it.

But then a sympathetic friend told me this wasn't a curse, but a gift, and that I had the power to change my life but only if I really wanted to. You see, I had a choice: I could continue down this self-pitying path and get worse or I could pick myself up and take this disability to use to every possible advantage. She helped me into rehabilitation services that got me better aids and I learned to lip-read and speak without an impediment. It helped. I worked so damn hard to climb up the ladder in retail and became a manager with better pay and better benefits.

But it wasn't enough. I didn't like retail (in fact, I downright hated it) so I used the money I had in savings, quit, and started working for myself as a pet sitter. Life got tremendously better. You see, that was my dream, to work with animals and be my own boss.

Moral of story? My life is good now. I chose a path that helped me be the person I wanted to be, despite my disability. You CAN achieve your dreams. But it's how you look at life and decide what you really want for yourself.

BTW...I still have this friend and I cherish her every day!

Good luck to you.

ETA: Thanks for great thread, OP. S&F for you!
edit on 21-10-2014 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-10-2014 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

I Always Find Comedy Central And South Park Especially To Be Very Enlightening

top topics

<< 1   >>

join