It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YOU are great

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   
This post is for anyone who is feeling like they will not be successful, those who feel unloved, those who think they are average or have been talked down too by someone.

Life is the greatest gift you were ever given, every single one of us was put here for a specific reason, to be the best person we could possibly be. Life is not easy, far from easy, it will be hard to the point where you want to give up. NEVER GIVE UP ON YOURSELF! The first key to success is having confidence in yourself, tell yourself you will prevail in times of toughness. "tough times never last, but tough people do"* is a great quote to tell yourself in time of struggle. Once you find your passion, stay with it, hold on to it as tight as you can because it is that spark that will lead you to where you want to be. People will tell you your dreams are impossible, they will discourage you, that is because they are scared, scared to take their life to the next level and pursue their own dreams. The first step is always the hardest, but just know that you will have support. If you feel like your family or friends don't support you or don't think you can do it, then I will help you get over the step. I am not perfect either and I will never be. But my passion is to help people, Inspire them to reach deep down into their heart and find that passion, that dream that they want to achieve. So if it starts with this, take my advice, pursue your dreams, live your life to the absolute fullest, love with your whole heart, and treat others the way you want to be treated. When you give to others or help them, it may not benefit you now, but Life works in mysterious ways, and i believe that those who do good, will have karma on their side.

Please pursue your dreams,

with love,

A caring stranger.

*didn't know who said the quote.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Well...that was a nice little Early Saturday Morning opening post to read !!

Starring & Flagging for others to enjoy !

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: SonoftheSun

It's what I love to do, I feel my purpose here on this earth is to change the lives of others around me, and golly i'm gonna do my best to do it.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: solemind4

S & F

I needed this on this Saturday morning. Thank you

I do believe what you say about treatiing others the way you would want to be treated.

I will be thinking about this all day.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Thanks, good reads!

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Thanks , been a bit sad lately. that helped.
1%

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   

YOU are great, I feel my purpose here on this earth is to change the lives of others around me

there you go again with the delusions of grandeur.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
This certainly lifted me up. Ive been through alot. I would say Im a very strong person but recently I've kinda lost the way. I need a good kick up the backside to realise how able I actually am.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 04:38 AM
link   
a reply to: AttitudeProblem

Barnum effect, anyone? Anyone? I'm surprised how people can take "motivational quotes" like this and things of this nature at face value, assuming that they apply to everyone universally. The person who said it doesn't know you and never will. They also likely would not say these things to your face, due to them being either untrue or how awkward they would sound in conversation. I would be the first to ask "How the [redacted] do you know?"

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I have no dreams whatsoever. At least not pertaining to anything in this world. I believe this is a good thing.

Everybody says you should have dreams, and pursue them. But do you have to have dreams? Is it even desirable to have dreams?

In this life, there are three kinds of men, just as there are three sorts of people who come to the Olympic Games. The lowest class is made up of those who come to buy and sell, the next above them are those who compete. Best of all, however, are those who come simply to look on. The greatest purification of all is, therefore, disinterested science, and it is the man who devotes himself to that, the true philosopher, who has most effectually released himself from the 'wheel of birth.'
source: History of Western Philosophy, Bertrand Russell

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
It's all about perception...

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Dreams are a form of desire. According to Buddhist philosophy happiness doesn't come when we get what we desire, or dream about, but when we stop desiring anything other than what we already have, right now. The importance of having dreams might be just one more variety of brainwashing from the industrial society.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   

ATS is so much more than a place to deny ignorance, it's a family. Threads like this are what make this site worlds better than the rest.

Thank you for caring about me and all the other ATSers! Don't ever forget that you are great too!

NEVER GIVE UP ON YOURSELF! The first key to success is having confidence in yourself, tell yourself you will prevail in times of toughness. "tough times never last, but tough people do"* is a great quote to tell yourself in time of struggle.

Looking back at all the struggles you've overcome in life, all those challenges that you never saw yourself overcoming, is so empowering!

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Beautiful post of encouragement solemind4,
Thank you

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Instead of saying "I am beautiful no matter what they say" like Christina Aguilera, say "thank you for showing me that I wasn't loving all of myself" like Bashar.

I like to think of myself as sitting in the control room inside the head of a robot. Attacks can actually be a good thing. They can be a reminder that I am not what I might think I am, to detach from that, and a challenge to be able to think "thank you for showing me that I wasn't loving all of myself". I believe those attacks happen for a reason. When it happens to me I try to think of them as ordeals sent out by God and I think "thank you God for thinking that I was ready for this level" because I think they are ordeals sent by God and they are part of the spiritual initiation.

We may regard those who hurt us as our adversaries, yet they are also our friends, because they force us to grow wiser. Our adversaries are the impetus or impelling force that helps us evolve. These adversaries bring awareness to our deepest fears and unconscious beliefs. When we can bring awareness to these hidden parts of ourselves, the things which we avoid can become our gateway to growth and healing. Our antagonizer is our helper. The people who you struggle with will only be forcing you to dig deeper into your inner wellspring of lightness, love, and inner peace. The gems you find inside yourself will bring an even higher awareness, allowing others to respond from a more empowered loving space. When you start recognizing the divine within yourself and in everyone, then everyone you meet becomes a divine teacher showing you exactly what you need to learn next on your life journey.
source: www.mindreality.com...

edit on 311031Mon, 06 Oct 2014 15:31:56 -0500201456pAmerica/Chicago2014-10-06T15:31:56-05:0031 by introspectionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

We're all great but Ali, was " The Greatest !"

" What's my name!"

SnF OP

edit on Rpm100614v25201400000037 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   

I understand the sentiment, you must find an outlet to express yourself, when you do, things seem to fall into place. For example, in real life, I'm not really the sort of person to offer advice such as this, however, ATS offers such and outlet and lets me connect with my true wisdom.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   
This kind of optimism makes me terribly nauseous.

Do people not realize what kind of nightmare economy worshipping reality we live in?

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Goodness will always, eventually, triumph
keep your heads up ATS

youtu.be...

edit on 19-10-2014 by all2human because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join