It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian police officer splits open man's head - 10 day Coma/12 Stitches (while handcuffed)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Personally, I think the problem with authority-abuse-police culture is a problem that plagues North America and not just the US (if not a large part of the world), and in this case, it also highlights steroid use by police.

The culture of beating people to make a point, seems to be so rife in police you'd think it'd be in their training manual. The main problem as Ive said before is the blue shield, the wall of silence. Refusing to weed out the bad elements in the industry.

Granted, at certain times they will need athletic, aggressive individuals for certain situations, but those arise so rarely that it should not be a requirement for the job. And while some might say its not, you'd wonder why so many are drawn to the job, and why so many with that personalty type end up doing it.

The part that I don't get is how small of a man do you have to be to physical beat someone in handcuffs. Like the recent pregnant woman being slammed in the street, these guys would make much better thugs/wannabe rappers/regular douchebags, than they would officers of the law.

The worst part is the steroid admission and his statement regarding the case only came out because he was suspected of steroid use in some other matter, and it came to light because of that. Oh right, police never lie though...

A disturbing prison cell video shows a violent takedown of a 47-year-old construction worker by a police officer two years ago in Terrace.

Robert Wright was arrested by Terrace RCMP for suspected drunk driving on April 21, 2012. Police told his wife Heather Prisk-Wright that he was sleeping in his cell and not to come and get him until morning.

But when she showed up she was told that he had been airlifted to hospital for emergency brain surgery.

Now a surveillance video from the prison obtained through a freedom of information request by Prisk-Wright shows what happened before he was injured.

Read more: www.vancouversun.com...

The B.C. Civil Liberties Association says Wright sustained a head injury requiring twelve stitches. He had to be taken by air ambulance for emergency surgery in the Vancouver area, where he lay in a coma for 10 days. The association says Wright has significant memory issues making independent living impossible.

In January, Wright filed a lawsuit against the RCMP constable and the province but he has since amended his statement of claim.

Wright, who is First Nations, alleges Const. Brian Heideman's excessive use of force was exacerbated by the officer's use of steroids that "caused him to be unduly aggressive and violent.''

Scott Stanley, Wright's lawyer, said the amendment was made after unrelated allegations surfaced about Heideman's use and distribution

of steroids.

Read more: www.vancouversun.com...

Full video of arrest:

For those that can't watch, they have him in a jail cell sitting up on his knees handcuffed behind his back. He is shouting profanities at the officers, when one on the right grabs him from behind and whips him into a concrete bench.

Additional source

www.cbc.ca...
edit on 4-10-2014 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
wow,
Im wondering when police officers will be getting mandatory mental health check ups monthly..Steroid use? Yikes nothing like adding gun powder to a fire..

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   
"How dare you talk to me like that. I am the law."

Inflatable egos that can't control their emotions are the perfect police type. They screen for that.

ETA: 4:33-- "He fell asleep". And a few seconds later, "He's breathing".
edit on 4-10-2014 by intrptr because: additional

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Judge Dredd?

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Canadian police in general are very nice. So are RCPM members. However I've been stopped by police here in Toronto with the suspicion on their side that I was DUI and I was treated like a criminal. Rude, arrogant and violent behavior cop. At the end when he saw that I wasn't drunk, not even close to the consumption limit, he started biting his fingers swearing and repeating that he saw me walk funny before getting into the car and was sure I was drunk. Not even an apology. Not even an I'm sorry sir for treating you so unfairly. That's my story. Unfortunately one (or some) ruins for everyone.
edit on 4-10-2014 by Telos because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: boncho

Judge Dredd?

Are you recommending I see the film? It was a flop. Personally, I don't go in for Stallone, either.

Yo Adrienne!

Okay, okay the first First Blood gets a couple stars…

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: boncho

Judge Dredd?

Are you recommending I see the film? It was a flop. Personally, I don't go in for Stallone, either.

Yo Adrienne!

Okay, okay the first First Blood gets a couple stars…

haha, no I read your quote and it reminded me of Stallone as Dredd, shouting "I am the law" in that retarded gorilla voice he has...

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
You can hear the poor guy's head crack against the concrete... Why the hell did they do this? The guy was drunk, not a murderer...

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gh0stwalker
You can hear the poor guy's head crack against the concrete... Why the hell did they do this? The guy was drunk, not a murderer...

Are you for real ? The guy was not just drunk he was 'driving'. He could have BECOME a murderer if he hit someone with the car.
What would your thoughts have been if he'd been a rapist ? let me guess, "Poor guy he was just having sex he was'nt a murderer" !
What happened was wrong, but your view of this guy is just utterly pathetic and juvenile.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: sayzaar
What happened was wrong, but your view of this guy is just utterly pathetic and juvenile.

Yes, yes, he DESERVED having his brains knocked out.

The brave officers bravely chained his hands behind his back, bravely made him cross his ankles, then staunchly grabbed his head and slammed it onto the bench, on purpose. Because he deserved it, and was asking for it. He needed to have his head slammed into concrete to show him who was boss. Who did he think he was?

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

You forgot "suffering extensive brain damage requiring surgery and resulting in a 10 day coma and long term memory loss" in your description. But yes, absolutely right,

See the real problem is that the guy's mom never taught him the song, "six and stones will break my bones but names can never hurt me"

Because while he was being a jerk throwing insults at the cop, the cop knew if he caved his head in that sticks and stones would give him brain damage and names are made of rubber and everyone else is glue, so they will bounce off him and stick to you (and he'll bash ur head in).

Heroes. Cops that beat restrained victims are heroes, obviously.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: sayzaar

Are you for real ? The guy was not just drunk he was 'driving'. He could have BECOME a murderer if he hit someone with the car.
What would your thoughts have been if he'd been a rapist ? let me guess, "Poor guy he was just having sex he was'nt a murderer" !

Yea, what if he was in on rape charges and then they were later dropped because the charges we made up? He was in remand custody, arrested not convicted. But thats besides the point, we don't do that to anyone, including rapists, because that kind of behaviour makes you no better than one.

He didn't kill anyone. The cop isn't judge jury and executioner so its neither here nor there what the gentleman did before getting there.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Telos
Canadian police in general are very nice. So are RCPM members. However I've been stopped by police here in Toronto with the suspicion on their side that I was DUI and I was treated like a criminal. Rude, arrogant and violent behavior cop. At the end when he saw that I wasn't drunk, not even close to the consumption limit, he started biting his fingers swearing and repeating that he saw me walk funny before getting into the car and was sure I was drunk. Not even an apology. Not even an I'm sorry sir for treating you so unfairly. That's my story. Unfortunately one (or some) ruins for everyone.

I digress Canadian Cops and the legal processes supporting bad ones are EXACTLY as crooked and compromised as their American co-conspirtors are.

There are as many nice ones in Canada as in the USA, but in both places the majority who are nice become rotten by proxy the second they clock in to wok by not stopping their collegues from beaking laws,so to bad so sad but 90% cannot be trusted to not violate your rights and commit a crime against your person in one way or another.

This is not a rare occurance by a bad apple,this is epidemic,it is the CULTURE the Police and Judges and Prosecutors collude to project and support.This collusion is supporting outcomes counter to the Peoples wishes,therefore it is illegal.

The solution is Coperazzi who follow the established enshrined laws and rules Hollywoods Paperazzi follow when they make money documenting community celebritys which these bad cops also happen to become the second their behaviours go online and are exposed.Follow the laws and follow the Celebritys there is a lot of fiscal possibility there.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   

They do this because we let them,no one can be held accountable,those actions were textbook attempted murder.

Look at these guys,you WILL NEVER see them held accountable for these actions,criminal cops like these are the SPARKS TRYING TO IGNITE CIVIL DISOBEDIENCE they are trying to spark Riots and discontent,good cops will end up hurt because of these criminals,the Judges and Prosecutors who support them by way-laying,disenfranchising and generally white-washing any chance of prosecution of these criminal cops need to BE INDICTED AND PROSECUTED THEMSELVES.

I watched a drunk 90 lb teenage girl sitting in a chair be beaten nearly to her death and be left laying on the floor in a pool of blood by a 6'2 2oolb cop who didnt like her backtalk. This type of thing can cause some people in society to retaliate with lethal intentions and not only against the cops who hurt them and walked away,they are by proxy though this action striking back at the prosecutors and judges and processes that let them down and allowed the criminal cops to walk and to then be able to actually kill anyone who pushes back further.....they strike back at cops who dont always deseve it and these people represent a LOT of frustration catalysed by the System ,this creates an overload taken out on cops.

The Judges and prosecutors are to blame,the politicians who are to lazy to change laws to lawfully support societal evolution and who instead decide to support illegal shortcuts by endorsing Judges who will do this are the snakes head.The Prosecutors get away only with the things the Judges allow.

So the Politicians,Judges,Prosecutors and a few bad cops abusing the loyalty of their peers to enable them to become teflon criminal cops are ALL working together to foceably corrupt ALL GOOD MEN AND WOMEN WHO EVER WERE ARE OR WILL BE POLICE,,and by proxy of doing this they are collectively undermining the rights and freedoms of every single person in the Country.

Every Cop we see caught on video like this MUST be held accountable and these are the cases we need to use to ROOT OUT the derelict Crown Prosecutors and Judges with definable behaviour patterns lending themselves to this dynamic and we also need to look for OVER-LAYING PATTERNS of intentionally spreading the dity-duty amongst many collusional Judges to prevent us from defineing individual patterns,same with the Prosecutors they will be spreading the potential heat amongst those in collusion together in a Master-Pattern.

This stuff can be stopped like all crimes are prevented,by arresting one criminal cop at a time until it is no longer desirable to be such.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
This is the same dept where one of the officers arrested a local for a beer at a hockey game and then somehow at the station the guy gets shot in the back of the head..in self defence..the officer was cleared naturaly

I would be happy if there was accountability.
en.wikipedia.org...
www.theglobeandmail.com...
edit on 4-10-2014 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Looks like the same sad sack of sh#t R.C.M.P. detachment is at it again..new video/incident came out today showing someone in handcuffs being hit, to be noted the person who took the vid was afraid of the popo(I wonder why), so they turned in the footage to the media.
I hope they get sued out of exsistence..they won't.
Global news link
globalnews.ca...

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Nice cops, they will wear their badge proud, but get pushed around. Prick cops will wear the badge, but then they will do the pushing.

I've seen something much similar years agos, where one woman bashed the back of her head into a security guards face while in a holding cell. While the supervisor came in, and threw against the bars knocking her out cold, however, I don't think she ended in a coma.

Now if this guy was a pedophile, hell throw him down the stairs, but these cops should be used to name calling since it comes with the job, and that this guy just a common offender of a common crime. If they don't like it, they should of went to college with a b average when they went to high school.

Comes with the job description. Get used to it.

edit on 10-10-2014 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
If the guys a problem I don't have a huge issue with something happening during a struggle but not when in handcuffs.

new topics

top topics

join