It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dammit all, Target (First World consumer problems)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
This is more of a whine than a rant:
We moved from the south, back up north recently. We didn't have much in the way of real cold weather clothes since we lived in Florida. After checking the temperature averages & forecasts for this time of year, I figured what we had would definitely suffice until the first paycheck was to be had. Basically, all we had was lightweight hoodies, and they're packed up in temporary storage while we house hunt.

Yeah, no. It's a little colder some days than we expected, and while the kids are good, the adults need jackets (and in my case, something longer than shorts) Our cash is extremely limited at the moment, but I did have enough in PayPal to get some warm clothes for store pickup from Target. I was really pleased with the jacket I found. I scoped out the coats & jackets in-store before ordering to make sure what I ordered fit, and was looking so forward to it. Except, after placing the order, and getting the "Come get it" email this morning, it's no longer available in my size at the store near us (or any of the other ones nearby) Well crap. OK, I'll just get the next size up, it won't be that much of an issue to have one not quite as form-fitting.
Pfft, nope, Target's store selection menu breaks, and I can't select the store to reorder it in a bigger size. Hell, I can't order anything for store pickup right now, it's totally busted. Tonight's supposed to be around 40, if not colder. I can handle that, but when it gets into the 30's, I (finally) start to get cold. To say I need it is an understatement. Payday is next week, I can hold out that long and buy whatever from where ever then. I was just hoping to get one before then.

First World problems, eh?
edit on 10/4/2014 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Seems like it may have been more advantageous for you to order something online and have it delivered to you, size guaranteed.....or have it delivered by Target. I know the shipping charges may have been a deal breaker, but if you calculate the gas used to run to Target for nothing, it may be a wash. Just sayin'.

Stay warm!

PS...Is there a local thrift store? Sometimes you can find very decent stuff there, cheap.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: FissionSurplus

We do have a P.O box, but the travel to it is a problem -- we don't have a car ourselves. We moved with a relative who isn't particularly willing to loan us their car even for that, and getting them to go to the box once a week is a matter of whether or not they feel like going. Where we're staying right now has a no mail/package deliveries policy for guests, so we have to abide by that, too. Delivery would have been my preferred choice, but something told me it would be a bigger hassle than it was worth.

The odds of going 2 miles away to the next nearest store with that person are also pretty low, but I think it could have been done when we go hit up a laundromat tomorrow for laundry, since they're just a few blocks apart. Edit: And the Target we're picking the rest of the order up at is just across the street, we walk over there regularly. My husband walks by it daily to & from work.

And I fully plan on hitting up the thrift stores soon. Winter clothes prices made me make a weird squeaky noise when I saw tags around here in various stores, lol. Definitely buying used for snow-weather clothing, definitely. We'd have been in & out of a thrift shop by now if I had a little faith in PayPal to link to the bank without issue. The last time I tried it, it locked me down for a while. It seems to think our joint account is the hubby's only

edit on 10/4/2014 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

It seems to think our joint account is the hubby's only.

Wear his coat?

Lol, shopping sudden like can be a problem. But I hate buying clothes, anyway.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Is there a Burlington™ Coat Factory up that way? Just to let You know, central Flori-Duh is experiencing wind flurries from the North, bringing in cooler temps. 81º is the predicted Hi w/a 50% of rain..

If You like "Imported" goods there ought to be a ChinaMa... Walmart™ on every other block. Look for the "Flori-Duh Tumbleweeds" (Walmart™ plastic bags)

Wish Us luck for Prop 2

top topics

join