It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Native Americans knew something that is blind to society.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

That is silly and I am saying that this culture experienced another perspective, as positive as in equivalent to that of Buddha and Jesus.

Therefore it s possible that we understand a variation to what is offered (in example) to that of the two prophets offered.

A variation that is equally as valid.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kashai
a reply to: BasementWarriorKryptonite

It Is ridiculous to consider that the Indigenous respective to the Western Hemisphere did have Prophets. Those who were in fact (as described) equals to that of Jesus and/or Buddha?

Is there more.....

Is that a difficult pill for you to swallow???

None of that makes sense to me so I'm unable to reply to it.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 03:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: diggindirt
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask
I understand what you're saying. I'm full agreement with the butterflies and puppies aspect being over-emphasized. Those folks don't take into consideration the fact that in that place and time just taking a day's walk to visit the next village would mean avoiding large predators.
My grandmother never gave me any Choctaw commandments. She just taught me those principles as we went about our lives. She lived by them. I can find no fault in them either. Which of them do you find objectionable?

I dont find the "commandments" objectionable at all.......

Just the assertion that Native Americans had this universal 10 commandments and that they were all spiritual beings who sat in reverence and never crossed a word with other people until the white man came.....

its just not true.......

I just get a little agitated at this romanticized view of Native Americans and my heritage.....

its nice to know that some of the spiritual side of the teachings is getting out there........

But I also think this New Age presentation takes away a lot from them as well.....

Again sure our ancestors were spiritual people, but the warrior aspect of our culture is very strong and rich in history too, and it was that way long before Europeans came here.......

There were just as many war dances and celebrations as their were other things too......and they went hand in hand with the spirtuality......

You cant just negate that part out because its doesnt jive with a peace pipe smoking man in a headdress talking about mother earth and living in harmony.....

There wouldnt have been need for warriors if there wasnt war..........

Maybe I'm wrong but I really don't think most folks would actually believe that the natives had these specific 10 things written and posted on every lodge's walls. (Yeah, I said "most" folks because I've met my share of the "true believers" of one theory or another in doing public education.) I think it's more of a way to express their philosophy.
Obviously, not every single member of every single group was a shining example of the culture. Just as we have less-than-brilliant members of our culture today, they had bad guys. They had teenaged males and females. Of course there was violence. There's all sorts of evidence that food shortages were at least part of the reason for attacks in prehistory. Hunger is a powerful motivator.
Whoever took the time to think through the list, it's a pretty fair encapsulation of the way of life my grandparents practiced and passed on to my parents and me. Don't you think the society would be a far nicer place if we just followed those very principles---no matter who gets accredited with them?

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

altho I do agree with your post .........my point is this...........

"Jews and Christians knew something that was blind to society"

And then put down the 10 commandments on there........

And watch that backlash of people who go absolutely ape with anger......

My bet is that many of these same people on this thread that are all "oh wow man thats awesome native American philosophy , lets sit around the fire and hold hands" would be livid.......

And they are the same damn principle......

Thats my point

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Okay, I understand your point now. What I see in the OP is the contrast between the original commandments and this list in the sense of the original set mostly negative----Thou shalt not....do this or that, while this list is more about what should be done. But sitting around the fire and holding hands doesn't immediately spring to mind from reading that list. It seems to me to be inspiration for getting out and lending a helping when needed---like sharing produce from your garden with the old folks down the street who are no longer able to tend a garden, helping to mend a roof for those less fortunate than you and teaching your children to do likewise.
Generally speaking I find that folks who are looking for something to be mad about can find it fairly easily. It seems that getting mad over someone advocating for treating the earth and its inhabitants with respect is just wasting good efforts. If the message is useful, why bother about the source?

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   

The renowned Psychiatrist and Personality theorist, Carl Jung. Spent substantive time interacting with Cultures indigenous to the Western Hemisphere.

He developed the concept of the Collective Unconscious.....

Collective unconscious is a term of analytical psychology, coined by Carl Jung. It is proposed to be a part of the unconscious mind, expressed in humanity and all life forms with nervous systems, and describes how the structure of the psyche autonomously organizes experience. Jung distinguished the collective unconscious from the personal unconscious, in that the personal unconscious is a personal reservoir of experience unique to each individual, while the collective unconscious collects and organizes those personal experiences in a similar way with each member of a particular species.

Source

Any thoughts?

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Kashai
Wow, now bringing up that name takes me back to freshman year----lots of years ago----and Psy 101. Too long for me to have coherent thoughts on his theories, I'm afraid. However, the EGG or Global Consciousness Project was/is, if I recall properly, an attempt to prove something similar. That project was featured in a lot of news stories back around the time of the 9/11 attack and had some interesting results.
I'm not at all sure what sort of thoughts you are requesting here by simply posting quotes from Wiki. Perhaps you could be a bit more clear in what sort of "thoughts" you are seeking. You seem to be posting in some sort of code---not a good way to encourage dialogue---just my opinion.
How about we exchange ideas instead of your just posting random stuff and asking for thoughts. What do you think of Jung's ideas as regards this post? Do you think that the entire population of the American continents had a single collective unconscious, despite the fact that DNA studies suggest that they were comprised of several different population groups?

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Actually I would cite this thread at ATS...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

What I am expressing is not random, that is silly.

You see Chaos theory makes clear that anything we perceive as random is applicable to non-random events in fact.

In other words, you racist guys have absolutely no idea, as to what you are talking about.

I am pointing out that tribes Indigenous to the Western Hemisphere were a lot more sophisticated than apparently some members in this forum feel is possible.

Personally I think it is possible that in relation to such members?

edit on 8-10-2014 by Kashai because: Added content

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
One way of understanding the Icons is, "Wake the %uck up"!!!!!

Any thoughts?
edit on 8-10-2014 by Kashai because: Added content

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kashai
It Is ridiculous to consider that the Indigenous respective to the Western Hemisphere did have Prophets. Those who were in fact (as described) equals to that of Jesus and/or Buddha?

Only if you believe what mainstream academia is telling us...

Limiting ones research to biased sources always lead to a dead end in my experience.

Many Native Americans had a real connection to the "Great Spirit" which is why some of their prophecies have been so accurate.

Legends of the Pale Prophet from the Native Peoples of the Americas

The legends that follow are the legends of the Healer. These legends were told by the fireside of a "saintly white teacher," who performed miracles with healing and control over the winds, waters, and other natural items. All describe his eyes as gray-green like the ocean and told stories of the future. His symbol has been woven into blankets, carved on canyon walls, put on pottery and danced in dances. His name has been given to mountains and rivers.

Though the stories are many and spread throughout the Americas, they are broken into bits and pieces, hard to follow and piece together into one tale. His name varied, most names were reflective of his control over the wind and water, as he would request each tribe to name Him as they wished, stating there was no value to a name.

Common to almost all:

• He was a white man with a beard
• He said He came from across the sea
• He would choose twelve "disciples"
• He spoke of His Father's Kingdom
• He wore a bright white garment with golden sandals
• He made references to the future
• He had control over the wind and all elements
• He had the ability to heal wounds
• His sign was the cross
• He taught love and peace
• He taught that good deeds were important
• He referred them to the Dawn Star

He Walked the Americas - A story about Christ in the Americas

The Native American Indians descended from the ancient Hebrews and called God “Yo He Wah” (the three Hebrew letters) and Yah-Wah (not Yahweh, Jave, Java, nor Jehovah).

“From these different writers, it is plain that where the Indians have not been corrupted by foreigners, their customs and religious worship are nearly alike; and also that every different tribe or nation of Indians uses such-like divine proper name, and awful [fearful] sounds, as Yah-Wah and Hetovah, being trans-positions of the divine essential name [Yo He Wah], as our northern Indians often repeat in their religious dances.

In the 1770’s, an unsuspecting man named James Adair stumbled across some powerful information in his curiosity for truth. You won’t get this from mainstream news, but the native American Indians descended from the Biblical Hebrews. You won’t hear this in mainstream Christianity, but the native American Indians worshiped the same god that the Biblical Hebrews did. Do you know what God’s name is?

Lesson from American Indians and Biblical Hebrews

PROPHECIES OF THE HOPI INDIANS

1st world: Ended when volcanoes erupted and an all consuming fire.

2nd world: Ended when the poles shifted and the earth was covered in ice.

3rd world: The third world was very corrupt and destroyed through water by a 'cleansing' great flood. The continents sunk and broke apart. This is the world we live in today.

4th world: A purge by fire. The final stage, called "The great day of Purification" culminate either in total rebirth or total annihilation.

The Native (North and South) American Indians have a relationship with YHVH (YHWH) that precedes the white man’s gospel. How did they know? I have asked one American Indian, and he says they do not consider themselves as descending from ancient Israelites. Yet they have similar spiritualities. The spirit of Indian music reflects the spirit of Yahweh. How did the 10 commandments end up in New Mexico? Especially on stone? It is clear that the Indians of America possess a special spirituality that reminds Christians and Jews of the holy teachings given by Yahweh.

In some tribes, there may be a direct ancestral connection to the ancient Israelites. In other tribes, there may be no connection at all. But, it is clear that Yahweh has revealed Himself to some of these peoples, and this reflects in their actions, values, songs, prophecies, and traditions. We need to de-program ourselves from thinking that Yahweh would only want to reveal Himself to just one part of His creation, the Israelites.

Yahweh and the American Indians

The American Cherokee Indians worship the Supreme Being, Ye ho waah or Yo ho wah, which is very similar to the Hebrew name of God (Yahweh or Yahoveh). The Cherokee Indians believe in one Supreme Being--the Creator-- and have surprising connections to Christianity.

Ancient Cherokee Indians believed before 1750 that God was going to appear on Earth as a man and they called this person by five different Old Testament (Hebrew) names for Jesus. The Cherokees have three actual cities of refuge, they have the stories of the great flood, and many other Old Testament stories. They also adhere to the prohibitions found within the Ten Commandments.

The Cherokee belived in Yahweh (God of the Hebew)

originally posted by: G0v0D47
Check the DNA analysis of Native Americans and other tribes around the world that scattered during different time periods, u will find those peoples are the original tribes of Judah and everything the modern state of Israel has cooked up is pure propaganda. Real "Jews" would not consider non jews to be Goyim and want them killed off for it. smh doesnt anybody watch youtube vids anymore? No offense OP, just saying, facts are more the just standard research and documentation, you have to go behind the scenes to find the answers from a land full of liars(apostate state).

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   

When I began to study the life of Chief Geronimo of the Apaches, I discovered that he had some type of spiritual encounter with God in his later years.

In 2009 Geronimo appeared to a woman in a dream with a very stern warning about America.

If you’ve already read NO GREEN BANANAS, then you already know God has been speaking to me through dreams and visions since I was a child, warning me of things to come. On the night of March 25th, 2009, while in my sleep, I had this dream:

I was standing on the National Mall in Washington, D.C.. I saw no landmarks, I just knew by the Spirit where I was standing -- in the heart of D.C. I knew [again, by the Spirit] that to my immediate right was the Lincoln Memorial, and in the distance to my left directly opposite the Lincoln Memorial was the Washington Monument, with the Reflection Pool just up ahead to my left. Before me, I saw a huge chasm in the earth, deep and wide like the ground had split wide open. The sense was that utter decimation had taken place, and that the split earth extended beyond my sight, but I was only given to see the spot before me. The inside of the canyon-like split appeared charred black, just as a log of firewood appears after it’s burned all night in the fireplace, and is reduced to an ashen shell of its former self. burning for hours in the fireplace.

Just then, superimposed over this scene of destruction, a man appeared to my eyes, very, very old, and looking distinctly Native American. He only appeared from the torso, up. He wore a white tunic-type top. And I noticed his hair was striking in that it was cut shoulder length in a blunt cut, like a girl’s haircut. His lips were held tight together, his eyes were steely, but not cruel, just utterly somber.

I couldn’t take my eyes off him. I was riveted by his face, that ancient face from a thousand ages past, it seemed.

"Don’t shake, America. This is only what You have brought upon yourself.”~ Chief Geronimo

I half woke up, still in a semi-dream state, remembering that nutty brown face covered in wrinkles. As I began to wake more consciously I went from assuming he was just any man representative of all Native Americans to wondering if, in fact, I’d just seen the image of an actual Native American figure from history.
The only name I could think of for a famous Native American was “Sitting Bull.” So lying there in my bed I asked the Lord, “Lord, was that Sitting Bull I just saw?”

The Lord answered: “No -- Geronimo.”

When I got up from bed that morning, I went straight to my computer. I typed in “Geronimo,” and was stunned when this image and caption popped up before me on my computer screen.

For a long time, all I could do was stare at the image before me – observing that unmistakable blunt cut “just like a girl’s”...That white tunic-type top...That unforgettable expression, so powerfully somber, with the lips locked tightly together. I couldn’t believe it. This was the very one I had just seen!

An Open Letter to America

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Geeze, why not just say it then, instead of running us to Wiki---and Yung...

I've certainly not tried to portray in any way the spiritual life of natives. I have no way to know about their religion or their politics. What I've learned about the people of which I write is from studying their homes, their tools, their very bones. The culture that I study no longer exists as it did for at least a couple of centuries.
There is no reason whatsoever to associate the decline of that civilization with the arrival of Europeans. That civilization's apparent decline and crash occurred at least a century prior to Columbus, if carbon-dating testing can be assumed to be true and accurate.
This culture group (en.wikipedia.org...) lived in prosperity and peace for at least a couple of centuries along the Mississippi river and its tributaries. They farmed, hunted, made most everything they needed for their life and made a lot of awesome art. They spent a great deal of time turning rocks into useful tools or sports equipment or statutes of all manner of beasts. They spent a lot of labor digging up dirt in one spot and toting it to another spot to make a big mound. They also moved the earth to make big flat spots in the middle of their village. I can't tell you why they did it but I can show you that they did and how they did it.
Their bones show that they suffered very little nutritional stress in their lifetimes. Most often the Harris lines show stress mostly in early life, likely at the time of weaning, when the child is learning to eat solid foods. Some of the elders, in their 70s at least, showed a decline in nutrition, probably as a result of having lost their teeth.
The introduction of corn agriculture was the downfall of the teeth of the people.
While they didn't worry about being raided by their neighbors they certainly did have to worry about any major injury. They did have to contend with infections with whatever was available. From examining them, I can tell you that a toothache in those days could literally kill you. And not quickly either...
In looking at their bones for evidence of violence, it can certainly be found. However, these villages don't have mass graves of people who met a violent end.
War leaves behind lots of dead people. Take a look at all the cemeteries in our land dedicated to soldiers who died in war. Most came about as a result of a big battle nearby. We can follow the conquests of the historic tribes by the string of cemeteries they left behind. We just don't see those patterns in the prehistoric record with current evidence.
The Mississippian culture seems to have just collapsed and faded into the hills rather than having been conquered. While some groups kept up many of the cultural practices, like farming and building mounds, living in villages, the majority seem to have "gone to ground" in the uplands or were abducted.... Genetics testing might give us some better clues about their migrations but the tribal councils are touchy about doing DNA tests in many cases.
Please keep in mind that the culture of the natives who interacted with our founders, those so admired by Franklin and others, was nearly 300 years removed from prehistory. Some studies show that the populations of villages in the east has been reduced by 60%. Any culture hit with a 50% population reduction over a couple of generations will undergo a rapid change. When the old and the young are killed off by disease, the population becomes more mobile.
Okay, I'll stop lecturing now. Sorry.
Prophets?
Not sure but there is some fairly convincing evidence that Tecumseh's brother predicted the earthquakes of New Madrid in 1811-12. Those quakes were supposed to chase the white folks out of the Mississippi Valley according to the prophecy. The quakes did send a lot of the white folk running but after the shaking stopped more of them swarmed in.
I've spoken with the Hopis and the Navaho about their prophets. They are doing their best to try and wake us up it seems.
edit on 9-10-2014 by diggindirt because: spelling and clarity

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Some tribes were violent..etc. There also those that were peaceful and only fought when attacked.

I would believe my ancestors over some scholarly white guy any-day.

By the way when some tribes took woman and children..it was marriage and adoption...and they were also welcomed into some tribes.

All this is...find a few tribes who have done despicable things and then put all first nations in the same barrel.

Love the Kennewick Man is proof they were here first..one freaking skeleton.

Show me one place where "white settler" of the past..went and did not destroy a culture or try to wipe them out, destroy their culture or force assimilation?

The native of America welcomed a new comer with open arms...only to be stabbed in the back.

Used germ warfare against us in an attempt to eradicate our race.

The comment about "too bad they threw it all a way for firewater"...was idiotic..sure some were drinking...most were not...they fought until a decision was made to end the loss of native lives by coming up with treaties.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996

So as usual, another person is using the same old tired argument that the original settlers were a poor old peaceful community all holding hands a #ing singing kumbaya.

Jesus #ing christ.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   
The Celts were considered barbaric. Their land was invaded. They are doing just fine.

a reply to: Onslaught2996

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Proving sources for comments is pretty much a habit. But I do appreciate your efforts to provide a more balanced perspective, with respect to the topic.

Native Americans with respect to U.S. and Canada near the boarder migrate back and forth between both countries every year.

Also note that Native American culture had no prisons.

Once a child reached the age of 14 years he or she was accepted as an adult. So essentially decisions relate to temperament by the rest of the tribe were decided well before that.

If a child displayed behavior inconsistent with the temperament of the tribe, they were sent to another tribe whose temperament was more consistent with other tribes.

Occasionally and due to the fact in all probability of the problem being the child was a Sociopath. Some would return home and kill there parents for having sent them to these other tribes.

I am Taino. I hail from Puerto Rico where there are Mayan type Ball courts but no Pyramids.

Implied is that while we applied a similar Judicial system there were fundamental differences.

The reason the Aztec's considered Cortez to be Quetzalcóatl was because of the direction he came from

Trust me I am not suggesting Cortez had anything to do with Quetzalcóatl

At some point the Spanish decided to move there center of operations to what today is known as Panama. When that happened they eventually learned. That every tribe in South and Central America had a member of the Taino tribe
as a resident and their tent was separated from the rest (something I am sure you understand).

What resulted was a blood fest in relation to a culture Columbus has defined as peaceful. In Puerto Rico our caves are considered sacred, this is where our people hid. Based on the accounts I was taught those who lead our culture secured assistance from the Hispanics that essentially did not live in the mountains.

In respect we are the reason the Mayans and Aztecs had not access the Buffalo.

Based upon my teachings we once identified ourselves as the Toltec.

When the Spanish first came to our island they quickly learned. That we placed a substantive value upon coins that predated 100 BC.

Feel free to contact me on PM once this thread expires.

In relation to Western Society my "formal" background is in Psychology.

Any thoughts?

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Native American Children that are born, that can remember past lives accurately, are taught to understand the Collective Unconscious (essentially+++)

As they age they learn the understand the collective unconscious beyond understanding past lives.

Any thoughts?
edit on 9-10-2014 by Kashai because: Content edit

(post by Kashai removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join