It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Native Americans knew something that is blind to society.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Mongols/Turkics

a reply to: BasementWarriorKryptonite

edit on 7-10-2014 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
They lived free, like the eagle and the wolf, till civilization came along and took it all away.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

That's a bit of a romantic view of them - isn't it? Surely you don't think they lived in peaceful harmony with cuddles and puppies?

They were as bloody and violent as anyone else and this notion of European civilization being any worse is damaging to the truth.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   

The truth is the "European Civilization", invaded the Western Hemisphere without provocation.

In relation to day to day life with regard to civilians the term "Breaking and Entering", clearly applies.

In so far as what, where and why indigenous people were aggressive? Who gives a $#!^.

With all due respect

In regards to Buddhism and Christianity, what is reflected are the actions of individuals.

Individuals that over time made a difference despite the fact that humans are predators.

To be very honest the comments that equate aggressiveness in Indigenous Western Hemispheric Cultures. With the idea they have nothing new to contribute to Spiritualty because they were capable of aggressiveness is, a bunch of garbage.

Any thoughts?

edit on 7-10-2014 by Kashai because: Added content

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Kashai

To be very honest the comments that equate aggressiveness in Indigenous Western Hemispheric Cultures. With the idea they have nothing new to contribute to Spiritualty is, a bunch of garbage.

That wasnt the point, the original rebuttal to the OP was that this idea that Native Americans are unicorns and rainbows spiritual people that had their own ten commandments is a romanticized new age load of BS....

The OP made it out that these "NA 10 commandments " were universal......not true

Yes our ancestors and many of the people still ARE very spiritual.......but it wasnt all butterflies and peace pipes......

How do you think the Comanche, my heritage from my mothers side, got down to the southern states and settled here?

We came down from the wyoming area, from the Shoshone tribes, and we DROVE OUT other tribes to settle here.....the Comanches were known as one of the most brutal tribes around.

Native Americans had war and drove other tribes from their lands as well .......

Im not giving the Europeans a free pass by any means.........

But to suggest that our people were so spiritual that we saw beyond our own human nature so much that none of this happened is dishonest....

This kind of thinking is sold at every corner spiritual shop new age fair around the world........

Yes , they were spiritual, yes they tried to stay connected to the land, yes they had sacred views......are there things to be learned from that spirtualiy , sure!

But they were HUMAN........

And As i stated before.......My grandfather and great grandfather never mentioned any Native American 10 commandments......

edit on 10/7/2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Given the Western Perspective upon how we populated this Hemisphere?

Why would not the Mayans and Aztecs not know about the Buffalo?

An answer is that they did but there was another Empire, who consistently thwarted any effort they made to access this resource.

Actually archeologist have found Mayan type Ball courts in Puerto Rico.

Amongst the more violent of Western Hemispheric Indigenous cultures were the "Caribe", and short for Caribbean.

The Taino are indigenous to Puerto Rico, a Caribbean Island.

Any thoughts?

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I understand what you're saying. I'm full agreement with the butterflies and puppies aspect being over-emphasized. Those folks don't take into consideration the fact that in that place and time just taking a day's walk to visit the next village would mean avoiding large predators.
My grandmother never gave me any Choctaw commandments. She just taught me those principles as we went about our lives. She lived by them. I can find no fault in them either. Which of them do you find objectionable?

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kashai

Given the Western Perspective upon how we populated this Hemisphere?

Why would not the Mayans and Aztecs not know about the Buffalo?

An answer is that they did but there was another Empire, who consistently thwarted any effort they made to access this resource.

Actually archeologist have found Mayan type Ball courts in Puerto Rico.

Amongst the more violent of Western Hemispheric Indigenous cultures were the "Caribe", and short for Caribbean.

The Taino are indigenous to Puerto Rico, a Caribbean Island.

Any thoughts?

any thoughts on what? Im not sure what the question is.........

My reply to you was to bring into perspective WHY there was some pushback from some on this thread about the OPs post.....

Like I said, his post is a great Idea, and its warm and fuzzy, but its not accurate....

And we didnt have a universal 10 commandments.....

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt
I understand what you're saying. I'm full agreement with the butterflies and puppies aspect being over-emphasized. Those folks don't take into consideration the fact that in that place and time just taking a day's walk to visit the next village would mean avoiding large predators.
My grandmother never gave me any Choctaw commandments. She just taught me those principles as we went about our lives. She lived by them. I can find no fault in them either. Which of them do you find objectionable?

I dont find the "commandments" objectionable at all.......

Just the assertion that Native Americans had this universal 10 commandments and that they were all spiritual beings who sat in reverence and never crossed a word with other people until the white man came.....

its just not true.......

I just get a little agitated at this romanticized view of Native Americans and my heritage.....

its nice to know that some of the spiritual side of the teachings is getting out there........

But I also think this New Age presentation takes away a lot from them as well.....

Again sure our ancestors were spiritual people, but the warrior aspect of our culture is very strong and rich in history too, and it was that way long before Europeans came here.......

There were just as many war dances and celebrations as their were other things too......and they went hand in hand with the spirtuality......

You cant just negate that part out because its doesnt jive with a peace pipe smoking man in a headdress talking about mother earth and living in harmony.....

There wouldnt have been need for warriors if there wasnt war..........

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   

What exactly is basic to survival in a social setting?

I mean if you invite me over for Thanksgiving Dinner what rules apply.

In other words this presents an intent who is that of Peace.

Whoever put this together seems to have taken that into consideration.

Would you say that if a person has shown you respect by honoring each of theses ideas?

The question being what is the origin of this?

Any thoughts?

edit on 7-10-2014 by Kashai because: content edit

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   

What exactly I basic to survival in a social setting?

I mean if you invite me over for Thanksgiving Dinner what rules apply.

Whoever put this together seems to have taken that into consideration.

Would you say that if a person has shown you respect by honoring each of theses ideas?

The question being what is the origin of this?

Any thoughts?

.......I appologize im not sure what this has to do with my post or even the OP? I honestly for the life of me again, cannot decipher what you are trying to say.....

Where did the 10 commandments thing come from? I would suppose some New Age person wrote them down then presented them as Native American life commandments......

They tend to do that a lot.......

I cannot even begin to tell you how many new age shops do things like this.......

Walk into a shop in New Mexico and then ask around the Natives there how much of it is bs......it happens a lot........but people buy it up and pay big money....

There are certain things we are all (or most ) aware of, inherently as right and wrong......

To embellish it and make it into some credo by any group of people as a divine spiritual teaching by their particular belief system is dishonest.......

To make it concise.......The OP is a lie.......there are NO Native American 10 commandments.....and NOTHING in that list that was written in the OP is anything that isnt and wasnt already known as things you should do anyway
edit on 10/7/2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Puerto Rico is currently a Colony of the United States. You can travel their given you are American without a Passport and in relation to the Tourist Industry their, "El Condado" is great place to stay. The really cool thing about vacationing in Puerto Rico, is that every city has a Patron Saint and each is celebrated by a Holiday from work and school, across the island.

Beyond that. There are amongst other things, going into the mountains and interacting with the Taino Culture. Native American cultures South of Florida, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona and California, essentially there are different rules.

The matter of Eminent Domain is handled differently.

It subjects any person entering their territory. Under the authority of the indigenous cultures rules, with no exceptions.

Any thoughts?
edit on 7-10-2014 by Kashai because: Content edit

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Any thoughts on what?? I am not sure how either of your posts on this page are a reply to anyone or how they relate to the OP...

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Puerto Rico is currently a Colony of the United States. You can travel their given you are American without a Passport and in relation to the Tourist Industry their, "El Condado" is great place to stay. The really cool thing about vacationing in Puerto Rico, is that every city has a Patron Saint and each is celebrated by a Holiday from work and school, across the island.

Beyond that. There are amongst other things, going into the mountains and interacting with the Taino Culture. Native American cultures South of Florida, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona and California, essentially there are different rules.

The matter of Eminent Domain is handled differently.

It subjects any person entering their territory. Under the authority of the indigenous cultures rules, with no exceptions.

Any thoughts?

........what?

edit on 10/8/2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/8/2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dark Ghost
a reply to: solemind4

Ironic that today the vast majority of countries with majority white populations are among the most civilized throughout the world.

This "blame whitey for all our problems" sounds like something the Nation of Islam or Black Panthers would preach.
not at all. No one ever claimed civilization as you see it the same as a good thing. You know what an opinion is, right?

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

My point thus far is that one cannot exclude the conclusions of Western Hemispheric cultures. In relation to insight beyond that of Buddhism, Christianity and related systems of belief.

The idea that some have claimed. That Western Hemispheric Indigenous Cultures could not have had any such experiences, that where profound and unique spiritually. Not only to that culture, but also, the world is absurd.

It is to imply that some caste system exist in relation to Warrior societies.

Which is like complete &^!$#!+

Any thoughts?

edit on 8-10-2014 by Kashai because: Added content

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   

It means that if you enter a cave anywhere in Central, or South America as well as the Caribbean (in example). And it turns out that cave is sacred and only Shamans may enter, under a penalty of Death? Your relatives will get a letter from the respective Government expressing there condolences. The letter will also in brief explain why the Government in question can do absolutely nothing about this matter.

That is what

edit on 8-10-2014 by Kashai because: Added content

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   

That the indigenous tribes were violent and warlike with each other is significant, because the only reason some people think it's different when Europeans did it, is because they travelled to do it.

It's easy - just imagine to yourself that the European invaders were just lighter skinned natives that got in boats to do what was already happening on a smaller scale there, already.

I don't fully understand some of your post, but I believe I can reply to the point you raised about spirituality. Native Americans should not be viewed as peaceful, all-knowing, one love cultures because it simply isn't the truth - they weren't.

It's not a difficult pill to swallow, it just is what it is and this nostalgia for a fantasy of time and culture long lost, with pipe-smoking peacenik do-good natives is ridiculous.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   

It Is ridiculous to consider that the Indigenous respective to the Western Hemisphere did have Prophets. Those who were in fact (as described) equals to that of Jesus and/or Buddha?

Is there more.....

Is that a difficult pill for you to swallow???

edit on 8-10-2014 by Kashai because: Content edit

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I don't even know what the pill is....

What exactly are you trying to say? That Native Americans bad prophets? What does that have to do with what were talking about?

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join