It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mysterious Valley of the Headless Corpses... Is there a Canadian in the house ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 05:01 AM
link   
This is a story about the natural beauty and unspoiled wilderness which is called 'Nahanni National Park', located in Canada. It is an absolutely beautiful place with hydro thermal vents that allow tropical areas to exist even in the dead of winter. It also has a rather dubious distinction of being known as “The Valley of Headless Men.” Notice it says men not man...

Once upon a time there lived a very fierce tribe:

This tribe was said to consist of fierce warriors who wore masks and armor adorned with frightening imagery and were known to brutally decapitate their victims. Warriors of the Naha tribe were said to be larger than normal men and to wield strange and powerful weapons that no one had ever seen before. The fearsome Naha tribe itself has become one of the area’s many mysteries, as the whole tribe is said to have suddenly and inexplicably disappeared from the face of the earth, and it has never been ascertained just what happened to them. They have seemingly just vanished without a trace.

O.K. good mystery so far in that they are there lopping off heads and then "Poof" they are gone weapons and all... or are they... You see there are many caves and all kinds of places for a decent sized group of head loppers to exist without much notice...

The Yukon gold rush days had miners and trappers going all over Canada looking for riches and fame.. Some of those who stayed around what is now the Nahanni National Park area seemed to have lost their heads.. Missing heads and just plain old 44 missing people as of 1969 (a very good year for some unless you be missing important body parts) has all added to the folklore..

It is hard to say what lies behind these mysteries. The area is so forbidding and remote that very few people other than adventurous rafters ever set foot here. Despite its status as a National Park, Nahanni Valley remains for the most part unexplored, and there are very large portions that have never been properly surveyed. The only geological surveys ever done here were done from the air, and the vast majority of the wilderness here remains an enigma. The few efforts to explore the area in any kind of depth have turned up vast, unknown cavern systems, caves, and huge warrens of underground hot springs and vents previously not known to exist. Some believe that a lost world full of new species lies here. What other mysteries and oddities does the Nahanni Valley hold? Is there something malevolent hiding out there in this rugged wilderness that could have something to do with its violent and sinister past? Until more investigation is done, it will continue to remain a perplexing and very creepy mystery.

In my younger days (before Canada got weird about their gun laws/Yanks) I would have jumped at the chance to go and explore the cave systems and the area just for the fun of it.. Now... to old... and no weapon... forget it... my wife likes my head.... most of the time !

mysteriousuniverse.org...

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Here's a previous discussion thread on the Valley:
Canada: The Valley Of The Headless Men - Nihanni Valley.

I poked around the area on Google Earth for days after first reading that thread when it was ongoing, it's got a certain allure to it up there. Unbelievably stunning landscape, even from above. The myths/stories add a creepy factor to that, like something indescribably beautiful harboring unspeakable evil, if you will.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

This tribe was said to consist of fierce warriors who wore masks and armor adorned with frightening imagery and were known to brutally decapitate their victims. Warriors of the Naha tribe were said to be larger than normal men and to wield strange and powerful weapons that no one had ever seen before. The fearsome Naha tribe itself has become one of the area’s many mysteries, as the whole tribe is said to have suddenly and inexplicably disappeared from the face of the earth, and it has never been ascertained just what happened to them. They have seemingly just vanished without a trace.

Sounds like Vikings, possibly time traveling Vikings.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Thanks for the reference.
727sky got my curiosity

edit on 4-10-2014 by vArchon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: weirdguy
a reply to: 727Sky

Sounds like Vikings, possibly time traveling Vikings.

Weird that was my first thought to without the time travel stuff ! Big guys with armaments the local natives had never seen; a Viking battle axe or sword would have been very good at lopping an chopping .. Very possible even though many may think it all poppy cock

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   
It sounds a lot more like a Scooby Doo setup. People found decapitated?! Oh no, the ghost of an old native!

Wait a minute, a mask! Old man Jenkins!

Yarr, I heard rumours of gold here and I wanted it all for meself!

I always find it so weird how people cant accept that people disappeared into the wilderness... we know for a fact that bears, deer, moose, etc exist but we never find their skeletons. In an area much more vast, we're lucky to find anything! In those days before GPS and thermal blankets, etc people could disappear far easier. There are thousands of ways to die in the west!

new topics

top topics

join