It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oops! Drug Raid Uncovers...Okra

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I don't think anything exemplifies the stupidity of humanity better than the war on drugs, especially the war on marijuana. It proves that the people running the world are completely retarded fools who have no respect for the privacy and freedom of other people. Some how they can actually justify this type of surveillance and these raids in their mind, the police who carry out these mandates some how believe they are helping make the world a safer place.

It's very frustrating to know I live in a world where I am ruled by control freaks who don't even want to let me grow a plant in my own backyard. Meanwhile it's extremely easy to go buy some man made intoxication fluids (alcohol), get drunk and destroy a bunch of public property, over-drink and get alcohol poisoning and almost die, then wake up to find I have been charged with vandalism, I get a small fine and I'm on my way. I just don't understand this planet.
edit on 4/10/2014 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Well, in the police's defense - okra is pretty nasty. It's the only vegetable I refuse to eat - snot filled uck. I'm thinking the guy who green-lighted this has just as violent an aversion to okra as me. Just saying...maybe it isn't a war against drugs but a war against creole food ingredients.

Friends don't let friends grow okra.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

Don't forget "safe" approved manmade drugs. Many of which are just artificial versions of natural drugs which are not allowed.

The Drug War coming from Anglos is also historical irony since Britain was the only nation to go to wat over their right to peddle drugs and intentionally create addicts in an unwilling sovereign nation for political reasons.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Everyone knows okra is a gateway vegetable.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: KaDeCo
Well, in the police's defense - okra is pretty nasty. It's the only vegetable I refuse to eat - snot filled uck. I'm thinking the guy who green-lighted this has just as violent an aversion to okra as me. Just saying...maybe it isn't a war against drugs but a war against creole food ingredients.

Friends teach friends how to fry Okra. Just bread it and fry it like eggplant or green tomatoes. It's pretty tasty.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: boncho
The most disturbing fact is that they don't even want to take responsibility for it:

Georgia State Patrol Capt. Kermit Stokes, whose agency is in charge of the anti-pot task force in which the deputies were serving when they stopped by Perry's place, assured a reporter for WSB-TV, the ABC station in Atlanta, that it was all an honest mistake. "If we disturbed them in any manner, that's not our intent," Stokes said. If we disturbed them? Detracting further from his semi-apology, Stokes suggested that it still was not clear exactly what Perry was growing and that the cops' confusion was readily understandable. "We've not been able to identify it as of yet," he said. "But it did have quite a number of characteristics that were similar to a cannabis plant."

You couldn't identify it? Yeah, because you are mentally retarded. How about hiring a botanist? Wait, never mind... Just ban okra instead, that will be easier.

This is Georgia, Captain: no excuses for this. I'm up in Illinois and
like okra okay even pickled. I also demand that any LEO south of Peoria
that can't immediately and visually tell the difference between an
okra pod and a bud of contraband needs to have his service piece
confiscated for vision problems, challenged intelligence, or both.
In a nutshell, that alibi... it won't play in even Peoria. What a ride...
edit on 4-10-2014 by derfreebie because: I've yet been able to find a corresponding definition in the DSM for this magnitude of stupid

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: KaDeCo

"Snot filled uck?" I beg your pardon. I don't see anybody roiling
and running for the lavatory sucking down wet tomato seeds.
On the other hand KaDe, raw is pretty snotty if you let it age
a little like a banana. Anybody taste some coming up after that?
Didn't think so. BreeUullkpth-- it's the new normal... or a new Swedish
short movie star please don't put that in my mouth teacher ROFL.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

I think my bounceback to Bonch kind of covers it from up here,
but thanks for the thread. F^S, and another blue star for the
Commie Pokeahumorus forum. These guys need different meds.

How beautifully ironic the bold redirect in your template is now:
I'm gonna go see my purveyor of dangerous and uncontrollable
vegetables, buy a raw pint and do my Donald Sutherland
impersonation. "It's a rat turd."
Ya ever hear a '68 Nova with a Rat do a holeshot with bare rims?
Yeah, THAT scream. BWAHAHAaaaa.

edit on 4-10-2014 by derfreebie because: Some remakes are almost as good as the originals

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: boncho

A disturbing fact indeed, but a common one!

When do the so called authorities ever take responsibility?

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: derfreebie

originally posted by: boncho
The most disturbing fact is that they don't even want to take responsibility for it:

Georgia State Patrol Capt. Kermit Stokes, whose agency is in charge of the anti-pot task force in which the deputies were serving when they stopped by Perry's place, assured a reporter for WSB-TV, the ABC station in Atlanta, that it was all an honest mistake. "If we disturbed them in any manner, that's not our intent," Stokes said. If we disturbed them? Detracting further from his semi-apology, Stokes suggested that it still was not clear exactly what Perry was growing and that the cops' confusion was readily understandable. "We've not been able to identify it as of yet," he said. "But it did have quite a number of characteristics that were similar to a cannabis plant."

You couldn't identify it? Yeah, because you are mentally retarded. How about hiring a botanist? Wait, never mind... Just ban okra instead, that will be easier.

This is Georgia, Captain: no excuses for this. I'm up in Illinois and
like okra okay even pickled. I also demand that any LEO south of Peoria
that can't immediately and visually tell the difference between an
okra pod and a bud of contraband needs to have his service piece
confiscated for vision problems, challenged intelligence, or both.
In a nutshell, that alibi... it won't play in even Peoria. What a ride...

My thoughts as well..........if you can't identify okra plants well enough to tell them from pot plants, how the heck did you get a job on the Governor's task force in Georgia, for crying out loud !!
Must have been one of Gov. Deal's good friends....sounds like some 'small government' advocates, huh?

We have no money for other things...not school teachers, not for treating the sick......but this we can spend money on...I would like to know how much this particular raid cost......

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join