It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden & Obama: Fudging the Numbers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   
This is in relation to not just Democrats, though that is the example I present. This is about our "leaders" speaking out of the blue and about that which they do not know or don't bother to be correct upon.

Vice President Biden, speaking at an event in Joplin Missouri states that "161,000 brothers, sisters, mothers, fathers, sons, daughters, grandparents lost..." The final toll of that tragic day? 162 souls (with 1 I believe confirmed that it wasn't the tornado that was to be responsible.)

Contrast this to then candidate Barack Obama. Speaking about another tornado back in 2007, he states ""In case you missed it, this week, there was a tragedy in Kansas. Ten thousand people died — an entire town destroyed..." That death toll -- 12.

I use these examples because they are the easiest. They are the Heads of State. Good luck my brothers and sisters in America....

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: ownbestenemy

What tornados are you speaking of?

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: ownbestenemy
This is in relation to not just Democrats, though that is the example I present.

How about providing a valid source for those quotes?

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

What tornados are you speaking of?

Joplin, KS 2011 Tornado

-- and --

Greensburg, KS 2007 Tornado

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Lol. Biden is renowned for his gaffes. He means well but he's terrible with conveying his thought and emotions linguistically.

My favorite of late - thehill.com...

He's not anti Semitic at all. He's just outdated. It's like when me and my cousins had to explain to our uncle (their dad) that Oriental is no longer acceptable except for rugs after he caught some flak for using it at work. My uncle is a sweet guy all around and not racist at all.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

originally posted by: ownbestenemy
This is in relation to not just Democrats, though that is the example I present.

How about providing a valid source for those quotes?

Sure --

In regards to Vice President Biden:
WeeklyStandard (Say what you will, they link the actual speech)

In regards to then nominee Barack Obama:
Obama: '10,000 People Died...."

I do give credit to Obama though because he later revised his number...

The point though is clearly we do not hold any of our officials/representatives/etc, to any standard. This is similar to the Congress-critter who official stated that Guam might tip over...

Not intended as a hit piece, just think it is relevant to the mood.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

I agree -- and we could get into a larger discussion regarding media treatment between say....gaffe prone President Bush and Vice President Biden...

That aside, I don't dislike the man. Don't like his politics and he is a poor representation of the People at large, but I don't think he is ill-willed to the core; so to speak.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   

here's another quote from Obama (the "10,000 People Died...." from 2007....

"How could we have been involved in a war that never should have been authorized, that has already cost us half a trillion dollars," Obama said.

In the meantime.....

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 01:40 AM
link   

I thought Bush was awful and Obama isn't much better. Hard to tell if Obama is genuinely well meaning and just failed due to the nature of politics and race or if he was in on the scam from the start.

Bush though always seemed like a great guy. He has the hallmark traits of a well meaning but sheltered and ignorant child of the elite. I'm INCREDIBLY well versed in reading his type and he is a genuinely decent guy.

It's much harder with Obama since he's a born and bred public speaker. The people who are cautious with words and skilled in the art of casuistry like Clinton or Obama are notoriously hard to read.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 01:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45

I thought Bush was awful and Obama isn't much better. Hard to tell if Obama is genuinely well meaning and just failed due to the nature of politics and race or if he was in on the scam from the start.

I was speaking merely of gaffes; both President Obama and Vice President Biden have, in my estimation, surpassed former President Bush's botched attempt at handling the vernacular of the People.

It's much harder with Obama since he's a born and bred public speaker. The people who are cautious with words and skilled in the art of casuistry like Clinton or Obama are notoriously hard to read.

I wouldn't say public speaker; I would say public figure. The man isn't an orator beyond being able to read a transcript. Put him on the spot (as with all politicians) and they flounder and make ridiculous assertions such as my OP has stated.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
This is one of my favorite quotes by Mencken.

Fits the topic so well.

[Roosevelt] was always... finding new victims to loot and new followers to reward, flouting common sense, and boldly denying its existence, demonstrating by his anti-logic that two and two made five, promising larger and larger slices of the moon. His career will greatly engage historians, if any good ones ever appear in America, but it will be of even more interest to psychologists. He was the first American to penetrate to the real depths of vulgar stupidity. He never made the mistake of overestimating the intelligence of the American mob. He was its unparalleled professor. April 15, 1945

en.wikiquote.org...

Feel free to replace Roosevelt with Obama/Biden.

new topics

top topics

join