It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC have not contacted second family in Ebola 'quarantine' for 24 hours - and now they are sneezin

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

I have been trying to research this question. Most of it is confusing or at least over my head, but it seems to be mutating constantly.

This article says there are at least 395 mutations:
news.harvard.edu...

I have seen other sources with different information.

So, as I have seen mentioned in other threads here, any cure or vaccine might only be effective on one mutation, and as soon as it mutates again, it would be less effective or ineffective.

I have to look back for one source which showed the genome mutations for 2014, which I believe were over 100, due to the length of time and number of victims in the current outbreak.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: BelowLowAnnouncement

originally posted by: BobAthome

edited: I add nothing to the discussion.

not even encouragement??

k

Good luck?

You'll have to forgive me if I don't shake your hand though.

u8 know they say Howard Hughes once said that too a President

the President replied, "Why not??"

too which Mister Hughes replied,, "Germs",,,,

of course by that time Mr. Hughes was bat # crazy from Syphalis,,,

and we all now what happens
too men who get,,u know,,some germ,
,they go "fruit bats".

So will hand shaking be Outlawed for the next Election??

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: BobAthome

I don't get it. Are you comparing me to someone with syphilis?

I redacted my first post in this thread because I wanted it to stay on topic. I suggest you do the same.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   

I don't get it. Are you comparing me to someone with syphilis?

I redacted my first post in this thread because I wanted it to stay on topic. I suggest you do the same.

not at all,

u said, "You'll have to forgive me if I don't shake your hand though.;

Germs?? is it because you have germs, on your hand??

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Ah I see, you want me to explain a quip about shaking hands in an ebola thread. I think if you applied yourself for a second you would get it.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Ah I see, you want me to explain a quip about shaking hands in an ebola thread. I think if you applied yourself for a second you would get it.

oooooooooooooohhhhhhhh

well the bumps dont hurt,,

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: BelowLowAnnouncement

speaking of the family, can the kids send out you tube videos? or access there ,twitter ,facewhatever accounts,, still?

just curious.
edit on 10/5/2014 by BobAthome because: whtevr.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: BobAthome
a reply to: BelowLowAnnouncement

speaking of the family, can the kids send out you tube videos? or access there ,twitter ,facewhatever accounts,, still?

just curious.

You're a really confusing guy man, we've mentioned no family and I have no social media accounts of any kind. If you want idle chatter feel free to PM me but this really isn't the place for it lol.

edit: took me about 5 re-reads to realize you probably meant the infected family lol, I have no idea about that.
edit on 5-10-2014 by BelowLowAnnouncement because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: sarra1833
a reply to: diggindirt

I just read that article and wow. they moved potentially infected people out of a saturated apartment into a house in a gated community and didn't even tell those who live in said community that potential carriers of Ebola are there?

ahaha this just gets worse and worse and worse and worse and worse....... oh dear lord. The incompetence of the American CDC is just..... lordie we are all doomed.

Perhaps you don't understand what quarantine means? It means they have no contact with others in that gated community. Their needs are being met with deliveries from the Red Cross, their friends and community so they won't be a danger to others. Moving them out of the contaminated apartment just makes sense because every day they spent there would seem to increase the chances of their becoming infected.
My family was quarantined when I was a kid because my Dad had done work on a lady's home who was found to have active TB a few days after he completed the work. Because she had fixed him lunch and we had handled his clothes we were all quarantined to our home for a couple of weeks. The quarantine just meant that we stayed at home and didn't have contact with others until it was determined that none of us had been infected. Back then it was just common sense that we wouldn't want to go out and infect others so it wasn't a big deal.
I completely agree with the incompetence of the CDC. The mere fact that the people in charge here didn't have the good sense to find quarters for this family immediately speaks volumes about how utterly unprepared they were to deal with this disease. All the chatter I've been hearing from that organization simply tells me that they are part of that segment of the population who indulge in magical thinking rather than science and logic---the type of magical thinking that asserts that governmental agencies can and will save us from all danger.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Meee32
It was a family member and a landlord that he was helping. Bottom line is that he lied about such to the authorities who asked him if he has been in contact with anyone who had Ebola, before leaving Liberia, and told them no. The Liberian authorities are wanting him back, if he survives to face criminal prosecution. And if he does survive, the question is how would he be received in this country?

Could you be so welcoming to a man who carried a disease that could have killed you or members of your family, or even had such where it could have been devastating to the local city and county? We are forgiving, but this is stupidity at best, criminal at the worst.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah
If I read this article correctly, it is still Ebola Zaire, that is the originating strain. The mutations that are seen in this current outbreak is the disease trying to fit into the Human Species. Most viruses find it bad for survival if it is too lethal. That means no host and no survival.

Ebola is thought to have been a jumper species, that means it make the jump from infecting one species of animal into another. Chances are it was from either the resivoir species or a primate that was infects and sick when it was killed and thus it had an opportunity to make that jump.

This also could be very fundamental, as now they can see the connection on how the different strains of Filovirus came about and broke from the main branch of that tree.

But in either case it is still Ebola Zaire, and if they can come up with a medicine to fight that strain, then it could be used on other strains of Ebola that rise up.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Fox news is saying there is no symptoms in the family. So, who's lying?

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

That's a really good question, especially in light of this (from a couple days ago):

Friend of Texas Ebola patient who visited him in hospital has been told he can return to work as a nursing assistant... but his family must remain in quarantine

The friend of Texas Ebola patient, Thomas Duncan, who visited the man on the day he was admitted to hospital has been told he can return to work as a nursing assistant.

...Aaron Yah, 43, and his family.

...his wife, Youngor Jallah 35, Mr Duncan’s stepdaughter, as Ms Jallah and the couple’s four children aged between two and 11 have been told they must remain in quarantine with only Mr Yah free to come and go.

...He said: ‘I have been told I can go back to work but they will decide if there are duties I can do and duties I cannot.

‘...But they will still monitor me every day.’

...all ...have been exposed to Mr Duncan during his most violent phase of symptoms.

...Earlier Ms Jallah had appeared sticky eyed and congested but as dusk crept in she looked simply weary and glad for the fresh air now afforded her and her children...

The entire family has had exposure during the time when Mr Duncan was exhibiting increasingly violent symptoms.

Both Mr Yah and Ms Jallah visited the sick man on the day he was taken into hospital and the children all spent the night in the apartment where their grandmother often cared for them while their parents – both nursing assistants – worked.

They are among the ten considered high risk by health officials...

...‘The last time I saw Thomas was Sunday, the day he went to hospital...’

...Mr Yah said that he did not intend to return to work for several days at least.

‘...I want to be here for my family. I need to look after them...’

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Most troubling of all some family members are beginning to show cold-like symptoms.

So what happened here? They take some NyQuil and knock it out or what?

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
This the latest on the Dunca family members

Family that lived with Texas Ebola victim showing no symptoms, mayor says

www.foxnews.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join