It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Si se puede, si votamos! Yes, we can, if we vote!'

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
a reply to: MarlinGrace

It is a mix of both. Until the people in this country can be taken care of we shouldn't be accepting people who will just end up becoming burdens.

Now if I could just get you and nightstar to run for office we might have a chance. You two get it, because your eyes and mind are open.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45

"The richest 400 Americans have amassed more than $2 trillion in wealth, a sum greater than all of the assets of the bottom 150 million Americans combined. One family, the Waltons of Wal-Mart fame, owns more wealth than the bottom 40 percent of Americans."

So now that you have confiscated all of their wealth, what are you going to do about the other 15 trillion your government has over spent on things like illegals? You have the wrong villain young man.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarlinGrace

It is a mix of both. Until the people in this country can be taken care of we shouldn't be accepting people who will just end up becoming burdens.

Now if I could just get you and nightstar to run for office we might have a chance. You two get it, because your eyes and mind are open.

If you three really had your eyes and minds open you would see that the people of the US can be taken care of. Someone is choosing not to.

HINT: It ain't the illegals.
edit on 7-10-2014 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

So you're indifferent. If you're still in America you've no doubt seen the impact it's had on our economy. With all due respect,it's only a cop out if you refuse to intelligently discuss this matter.

For instance, if you lived in Scotland, and I started debating about the recent independence issue, I'd truly be talking nonsense unless I actually lived there, contributed to the workings of the system (taxes, work, putting money into their economy), or had complete in-depth information/knowledge of the issue.

The Middle East example is much like illegal immigration and non-Americans.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

We already know it's TPTB. Not the Us gov or the Mexican gov, the ones who run the entire planet.

But still, creating infighting through economic inequality is a classic move, because they know we all suffer regardless of race or economic position.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

You seem to be arguing both sides. All citizens of an empire are subjects and infighting is the goal of the illegal issue. Why would you be contributing to that?

edit on 7-10-2014 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   

*yawn* I never said confiscate their wealth. Hyperbole is clearly your specialty. Have them pay their fair share. I pay into the system why should people who were born into wealth not have to do the same. I guess America is just a total failure of an experiment. Modern Americans are down with protected aristocracy. Guess I should find a time machine and go tell our founding fathers to just skip the revolution. At least the monarchs had national pride. How's that for hyperbole?

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

originally posted by: MarlinGrace

If you three really had your eyes and minds open you would see that the people of the US can be taken care of. Someone is choosing not to.

Who is going to take care of the people of the US ...YOU?

YKWM is being nice calling it a cop out.

"I don't support it or unsupport it. " To not support illegals is supporting them, just like no answer is an answer. Being neutral is damaging the economy in places like California.

HINT: It ain't the illegals. Nope it's people that lack intestinal fortitude to make the changes necessary to fix this problem.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   

What does "take care of the people of the US" even mean?

Being neutral about an issue you have no part in isn't damaging anything.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   

You certainly have intestinal fortitude. I personally find what the mainstream media and their corporate backers are feeding us to be distasteful. Remember every problem comes from the bottom. Those at the top are generous compassionate patriots right? They only want what's best for us right? We're just too dumb and lazy and won't listen. That's why we need militarized cops to beat the message into us.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   

*yawn* I never said confiscate their wealth. Hyperbole is clearly your specialty. Have them pay their fair share. I pay into the system why should people who were born into wealth not have to do the same. I guess America is just a total failure of an experiment. Modern Americans are down with protected aristocracy. Guess I should find a time machine and go tell our founding fathers to just skip the revolution. At least the monarchs had national pride. How's that for hyperbole?

I never claimed you did, the point is now that you have all of their money you're still 15 trillion short. Now what? The current president will have doubled the nations debt when he leaves office. What are you going to do we are out of rich people now?

Let me put this another way the entire US GDP for 2013 is 16.8 Trillion, the nations debt is still higher. Just where do the rich come into this? Maybe the spending policies on things like illegals could be a part of the problem. You can grasp this fact can't you? Raising taxes on the rich does nothing to make things better in the US, the only people benefiting from the rich are politicians. While the economy tanks, citizens payroll shrinks, the left claims it could be fixed with tax increases on the rich while they are the only ones seeing increases in todays economy. If the left wants it changed why don't they? They had control of everything in the beginning of Obama's term. Instead they pay 35K a plate for an Obama fundraiser.

Yawning won't change the facts, or the depth of the numbers.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   

You certainly have intestinal fortitude. I personally find what the mainstream media and their corporate backers are feeding us to be distasteful. Remember every problem comes from the bottom. Those at the top are generous compassionate patriots right? They only want what's best for us right? We're just too dumb and lazy and won't listen. That's why we need militarized cops to beat the message into us.

Wow travi you changing the topic yet again? I never said any of this, and what it has to do with illegals is seriously off topic.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

What does "take care of the people of the US" even mean?

This is your quote not mine.

Being neutral about an issue you have no part in isn't damaging anything.

Oh sorry I didn't know you don't have a stake in the game. You just want to tell us how to handle the illegals without participating, supporting, or let alone even living here.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: guohua

Let's look at this rationally.

You all are against illegal immigration no matter what. I get that. Fair shake for fair people.

But here's the thing, illegals make up a HUGE percentage of our workforce, for jobs that white America will not do.

I've personally worked these jobs, planted bull rushes for a nickel a plant, picked tomatoes for a chit a bushel. These jobs need to be done, and you aren't going to find a lot of unemployed people willing to do these jobs, they suck.

But at the same time, you want to pitch a fit that people want to pursue the American dream? Want to come here for the chance to make it, make enough money for their families? I can personally guarantee that not one of you would do the work these people are willing to do. To work the jobs in America, that Americans demand be done, for a fraction of minimum wage.

This is the reality of the situation, Illegal workers are the slave labor of this day and age, you want rid of it? The only way to do so is to bring accountable those that are perpetrating it. Those that are employing illegal labor, and those that are housing illegal labor. And be ready to pay more for everything from construction to vegetables. If you are willing to pay the price of decreased illegal immigration the only way to do it is to cut the supply of work and housing from those that come here illegally. And the only way to do that is with punitive fines, and prison time for those that employ or house illegals.

Don't blame Obama, blame Home Depot, blame lawn care companies, blame hotels, blame the migrant farmworker industry. Blame the people that are exploiting human beings for slave wages. And hit these people hard.

But no, you all are going to continue to blame Obama for the illegal influx, when it's, YOU, the consumer that are really to blame for not demanding that the food you eat, the lawns you walk across, the hotels you stay at aren't 100% compliant with US Immigration and payroll law.

These people are just as much victims as they are lawbreakers. They basically are self importing slaves. But no one on the right wants to acknowledge that these people are victims of money grubbing capitalists who are cutting every corner they can to save a buck even if it's breaking the law themselves to do it.

But go ahead, blame Obama.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   

It's on topic. The illegals would be easily assimilated if we had resources that instead go into the coffers of the major corporate players.

They also wouldn't be coming here is the policies pushed by this same group didn't ruin most of Latin America.

I'm sorry you see the big picture as off topic.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   

And it, in turn, was a quote from someone else.

Since you asked if I was going to do it, I wanted to know what you understood by it because it doesn't seem to fit the context in which it was used originally.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: bhliberal

That's been argued to death honestly. In this economy I personally know many Americans who are working as janitors, factory workers, etc. Many Americans are more than willing to wipe up, or work in the dirt to support their families.

The corporations and the government policies that caused this are being blamed. But now most are coming here not to work, but to be supported by the taxpayers. Taxpayers are already overburdened, not just because of the illegals but because of a completely unsustainable system.

I'm all for the immigrants who come here to pursue the American dream, support their families, even "better" themselves academically, financially and intellectually. Most of us wouldn't be here if it weren't for the influx of immigrants in the past couple of centuries.

However, the circumstances have changed. Within 60 years or so, the American dream has gone from being able to have a roof over your head, food and freedom, to being given food, clothing, education, healthcare, dwellings, etc.

Given is the key word. It's promoted in the modern equivalents of our ancestor's "old countries", better lives, security, safety, education.

I don't blame the illegals, I blame the people behind the policies. Illegals usually act out of fear for their lives, economic desperation. But most of the time they're ignorant, either willingly or unwillingly of the fact that the money and resources they're given, are provided for citizens who mostly are struggling to support themselves.

We could have a world where resources aren't squandered, aren't directed towards certain areas and peoples at the expense of others. But we're all entrapped.

Obama's a scapegoat like every other puppet.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: bhliberal

But here's the thing, illegals make up a HUGE percentage of our workforce, for jobs that white America will not do.

That is getting very, very old. We all know that it doesn't take millions upon millions of illegals to pick crops. We all know that illegals are in many areas of the workforce including jobs like construction that used to pay well. They are here in such numbers that in some places WE are required to speak Spanish in order to get hired for a job. I once asked a company why that was and was told that it was because most of their employees spoke Spanish. Legal immigrants speak English, most illegals don't or won't.

In todays world, we have families falling through the cracks and struggling to survive. No foreigner should be able to just waltz in and take jobs away from these people.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

That's the other thing. Why should people be required to speak another language in their own country? America's too accommodating. Of course there's plenty of people who do learn the language but it's pathetic many jobs require Spanish or Chinese.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   

That's the other thing. Why should people be required to speak another language in their own country? America's too accommodating.

A private company chooses to be accommodating to please its customer base. It can establish any requirement it wants to hire someone.

A private company is not america.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join