It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Si se puede, si votamos! Yes, we can, if we vote!'

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TheToastmanCometh

Lol. Dunno if you noticed but this woman has no interest in ever being correct. Mindless unresearched hate spewing is her only skill. She's a master of that

edit on 5-10-2014 by tavi45 because: wrong reply tag

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: DenyTraitors

Entry level jobs no longer exist for Americans and not because of immigrants. Just look at postings for entry level jobs. They all require many years of experience because corporations are so greedy and money grubbing they won't pay for training because of the possibility that the time and money spent training someone might be lost if their worker employs their right to be mobile and finds a better job.

Also working at McDonald's, as a day laborer, migrant farm worker, at Walmart, or all the other jobs that uneducated poverty stricken illegal immigrants can actually get is not an entry level job. These are dead end jobs. They are designed to maintain a permanent underclass to support the corporate pyramid of greed.

The only people who will lose job opportunities are high school dropouts and those already in poverty. It's not like any American wants a job with zero chance for social mobility anyways. Only the absolutely desperate with no tools or connections left will take those jobs.

cis.org...

Article defending anti immigration policy (your sides words so you can't argue it) proves my point. If you think those in power care about those at the bottom you are sorely mistaken. If you care about these displaced bottom of the barrel American workers so much, you'd be against the oppression of the elite. You're brainwashed patsies for the ultra rich though. Personally I think this is great. Let the illegals be debt slaves to the Waltons. Maybe having more Americans at the bottom in absolute and utter poverty will galvanize people to take down the robber barons. Lol, just kidding, we all know it just means more Republican patsies like you guys, fighting to preserve the elite's never ending cycle of oppression. It also means more Americans being forced into military service to spend their lives and limbs LITERALLY fighting for the elite's oppressive system of control. Again no one wins but the bankers and CEOs. America and the little guy loses again because they lack the education to see through the propaganda.
edit on 6-10-2014 by tavi45 because: auto correct mistake

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: MarlinGrace

well, while he's correct that the rich seem to get more tax breaks than us regular folks, and they do employ some pretty dirty tricks to keep from having to pay their fair share, like the rest of us (know that i am actually against the income tax, as i think the government has no right to a percentage of my income. but as long as we're taking it up the ass, the violation may as well be doled out in equal measure), and that if they did pay their fair share in taxes, things MIGHT be marginally better....

despite all that, we're still not going to see actual improvement, until we deal with the illegal immigrant problem(which is actually related to the greedy rich asshole problem), and get a president who actually gives a s**t about THIS country, and IT'S people...

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

the same could be said of you.

the OP copied the title from the linked article....sooooo, the OP didn't actually screw up, the dip# who wrote the article did.

you should get your facts straight, before you go looking like a hypocrite...

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45
Also working at McDonald's, as a day laborer, migrant farm worker, at Walmart, or all the other jobs that uneducated poverty stricken illegal immigrants can actually get is not an entry level job. These are dead end jobs. They are designed to maintain a permanent underclass to support the corporate pyramid of greed.

be that as it may, at least, if we dealt with the illegals, those "dead end" jobs could go to americans, instead of having our "permanent underclass" made up of illegal foreign invaders.....

in addition to that, they're not just taking the jobs you've listed....they're also taking away good construction, landscaping, and factory work....whether you want to accept it or not, they ARE a problem.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   

despite all that, we're still not going to see actual improvement, until we deal with the illegal immigrant problem(which is actually related to the greedy rich asshole problem), and get a president who actually gives a s**t about THIS country, and IT'S people...

a reply to: Daedalus
Well Said, But Of-Course the Obama Supporters, Yes, the Progressive Open Border Agenda supporters of Obama, Won't agree with you.
You'll be called a Racist and a Bigot and OH, YES, You Hate Gays.
I know, I Know, You never Once Mentioned any of them, but that's all they have to come back at you with.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
The McDonalds jobs or any fast food jobs and small store clerk job and lawn maintenance job was the jobs of the High school age kids to get them money for Dates and gas and to teach them the value of a dollar.
Now you go into a fast food restaurant and you'd better be able to translate the English Menu into Spanish for the person taking your order.

edit on 6-10-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   

The companies that hire them are the problem.
The companies kinda get over looked in all of this, why do they continue to break the law and hire these workers and no one care about it?
All we ever hear about is the people taking the job, why not persecute the ones offering?

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: guohua

It's funny cause I live less the 100 miles from the border and never ever had that problem.
Even the mom and pop mexican food places all speak English and can take my order no problem

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: guohua
The McDonalds jobs or any fast food jobs and small store clerk job and lawn maintenance job was the jobs of the High school age kids to get them money for Dates and gas and to teach them the value of a dollar.
Now you go into a fast food restaurant and you'd better be able to translate the English Menu into Spanish for the person taking your order.

I have actually seen jobs where WE were required to speak Spanish. I called one company out on that once and asked why. Their reply was that most of their employees spoke it. I said that immigrants learned English illegals don't. I never heard another word from them. LOL To me, this is unacceptable. I would never in my wildest dreams expect another country to have to speak MY language to get a job.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

The companies kinda get over looked in all of this, why do they continue to break the law and hire these workers and no one care about it?
All we ever hear about is the people taking the job, why not persecute the ones offering?

The companies are indeed the problem because if they didn't offer the jobs, the illegals wouldn't have the incentive to come here.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: guohua

So your mature reply, in essence is " I think you vote Democrat so you're a stupid head"? How I vote is irrelevant to this "thread".

The premise of your thread was spot on. It got me and others to click. However letting go of that premise to just use it as an excuse to plaster the pages with memes is immature and childish. that's what they do on Facebook. The whole point of starting a thread is to say, in your own words, how you feel. By using someone else's words, most of which are just anti Obama or Anti-Democrat makes it look like you have nothing to say on your own, but are just jumping on a bandwagon because it happens to be popular on this site.

Now concerning the illegals, I happen to agree with you in part. It IS BS, but to say this is JUST a Democrat issue is misleading. Reagan (you know, the conservative "Messiah") granted amnesty to about 3 million illegals in 1986

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

I agree it's ridiculous, and like you I too am sorry I voted for him the first time around.

However, he's only kissing up to them because they are the "issue of the day" Believe that if a Republican was in office the exact same thing would be going on

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   

So your mature reply, in essence is " I think you vote Democrat so you're a stupid head"? How I vote is irrelevant to this "thread".

a reply to: mymymy
Don't recall using those words at all, you did.
As the Obama supporter's have mostly been put away in a cube for exhibit, some are still lose and haven't realized their extinct.

But due to Obamas Failed Policy's, you can see the Democrat's running in the current midterms, are running from Obama and his illegals and the Obama Agenda of an Open Border!

Then you have Obama's Top Cop Eric Holder who Single Handily Destroyed America's Department of Justice and The Laws American's had understood Protected Our Borders.
Who put Holder in-charge, You, Me other American's, No,,, Obama All By Himself! Obama needed a Criminal in the Top Cops Chair to Cover For Him and His Disregard For The Laws We American's Have Come to Live by and allow the illegal Criminals to Run Free in Our Streets.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   

The only way a company can check if a new hire is illegal is by E-Verify which only tells if the SS# is good not who it belongs to. Other than that they have no other way unless you start a background check. Then I am sure it would be called discrimination because you have then targeted and profiled hispanics.

In reality the real culprit is you, me and the citizens of the US. Don't deal with companies that hire them and be willing to spend more for things like car washing, fast food, and service labor. It is market driven, just look at the construction industry. How much is the concrete job from a crew full of illegals, compared to US citizens? My son-in-law installed security cameras at border checkpoints and guess who does their landscape maintenance.

Just my 2 cents and lifes experiences.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   

I agree with the sentiments of the issue being market driven. You forget that citizens don't drive the market anymore. A huge construction project in the rapidly gentrifying city near me was stopped for using illegal immigrants. Last I checked the average citizen has no say in a project like that.

As for being willing to pay more I agree with the sentiment but the reality is that many middle and lower class can't afford that. They struggle even with cheap costs of necessities. It's unfair to ask middle and lower class people to shoulder even more of the financial burden while big business and the sort wealthy get more and more tax breaks.

Just look at Kansas.

thinkprogress.org...

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   

How about the companies that decide to just not ask questions and pay them under the table?
Ignorance is not an excuse to the law.

And every job I have ever applied for I had to consent to a possible background check so not sure why that route could not be used.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I've also never gotten a job without a full background check.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 04:34 AM
link   

How about the companies that decide to just not ask questions and pay them under the table?
Ignorance is not an excuse to the law.

And every job I have ever applied for I had to consent to a possible background check so not sure why that route could not be used.

The business I had in Los Angeles was privy to companies that had illegals under the table. In the beginning they were hired under the table but that changed when the fine was raised higher than the savings of not paying them on the books. As far as I know now anyone hired in a unskilled labor job, or minimum type environment are all now on the books.

As far as background checks I have never seen it for Auto Detailers, Car Washers, Landscape Maintenance, brick layers, concrete workers, painters, drywallers, janitorial, burger flippers, again any unskilled labor type environment. The wife here in VA hires a lot of folks but it is in a skilled area where there is access to financial info and computer systems, they all get background checks. Also a "Possible" background check is a qualifier in itself.

Just my 2 cents and lifes experiences.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 05:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45

I agree with the sentiments of the issue being market driven. You forget that citizens don't drive the market anymore. A huge construction project in the rapidly gentrifying city near me was stopped for using illegal immigrants. Last I checked the average citizen has no say in a project like that.

When people are waiting weeks in advance, spend the night on the streets for new iphones just who is driving the market? Do you think if companies could get 20 bucks for a burger they wouldn't out of the kindness of their hearts? When you pay for a sporting event ticket, the cost is driven by the cost of players and a multitude of expenses, and YOU. If it wasn't players wouldn't get millions, owners billions, and hotdog would be a dollar. No one pays for that ticket but you, unless it is a TV network stopping a blackout.

LOL citizens always have a say in construction projects, just ask walmart. What do you think all those city planning meetings are for, if you don't go then you get what you participated for. Holy cow travi45 what are your lifes experiences?
If you don't vote for local representatives then you get what you voted for. If you don't participate in your counties politics, events, and planning how would you expect to even know what's happening around you? You may not get what you always want but you have to be part of the process to at least know what is happening.

As for being willing to pay more I agree with the sentiment but the reality is that many middle and lower class can't afford that. They struggle even with cheap costs of necessities. It's unfair to ask middle and lower class people to shoulder even more of the financial burden while big business and the sort wealthy get more and more tax breaks.

Just look at Kansas.

thinkprogress.org...

Did you read your own link? The business owner didn't pay his taxes so they sold his seized inventory off to pay for the 160K in back taxes. What tax break did he receive? What does this have to do with hiring illegals? And before you blame the current governor take a look at the last two governors that gave him so much to work with. One was Kathleen Sebelius ring a bell for anything?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join