It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Si se puede, si votamos! Yes, we can, if we vote!'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: MarlinGrace

en.m.wikipedia.org...

"Immigrants, legal and illegal, are more likely to pay taxes than they are to use public services. illegal immigrants aren't eligible for most public services and live in fear of revealing themselves to government authorities. Households headed by illegal immigrants use less than half the amount of federal services that households headed by documented immigrants or citizens make use of."

They're here to put money into social security without pulling any out.......plus illegal immigrants are a modern creation.

"Until 1918, the United States did not require passports; the term "illegal immigrant" had no meaning. New arrivals were required only to prove their identity and find a relative or friend who could vouch for them.
Customs agents kept an eye out for lunatics and the infirm (and after 1905, for anarchists). Ninety-eight percent of the immigrants who arrived at Ellis Island were admitted to the United States, and 78 percent spent less than eight hours on the island. (The Mexico-United States border then was unguarded and freely crossed in either direction.) "

www.washingtonpost.com...

Racists in the late 1800s and early 1900s played the exact same game as you guys are playing and they were all wrong. Real history not propaganda tells us how this will end and it's totally fine. Ironically for anti immigration nuts the border with mexico was at one point entirely open. It's a shame greedy capitalists and cold war spies meddled in Latin America and ruined the place.

Did you guys think every Mexican in America showed up when Obama was elected. God damn, I wish people would learn about history themselves but from mainstream media and apply logic themselves not listen to pundits and politicians.

We've always had insane amounts of immigration and we absorbed them, assimilated them and benefited from the whole process. The sentiments from the bottom of society are based in racism, ignorance, and isolationist fear. The goal from the top is to have everyone documented. That's why they offered rewards for illegals going through citizenship processes and tried to get them to join the military. This is about more than Democrats wanting to get more votes. Republicans and Democrats have been in bed together for a while. They don't even run the country anymore, the corporations do.
edit on 4-10-2014 by tavi45 because: typo

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 05:17 AM
link   

So, where's the proof that these two young men are illegals? I think the article linked in the OP is spewing some misinformation here. An agenda perhaps?

a reply to: kaylaluv

(CNSNews.com) - President Barack Obama told the Congressional Hispanic Caucus Thursday night he was accompanied to the convention center by two illegal aliens, whom he called "dreamers."

Dreamers are young people who were brought to this country illegally as children.

Again The Same Link to the same article
I guess you missed that part.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: guohua

The article makes it sound like these guys crossed the border the day before Obama's speech.

FACT: you cannot be a member of the CHCI Fellowship unless you:

a. are a legal U.S. citizen or,

b. are a legal U.S. resident (with green card) or,

c. have legal authorization to work in the U.S. (have an Employment Authorization Document) while you are awaiting immigration status

These are not undocumented people who just swam across the Rio Grande yesterday. Obama may be referring to the fact that they were brought over here as children by illegal parents, but that doesn't mean they are illegal at this moment in time. If they have an Employment Authorization Document, they have a right to not be called illegals.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I really wish you wouldn't just stop reading and continue the entire requirements.
This is Exactly what those two fellows fall under. straight from Obamas Mouth!

Note: Individuals who are seeking consideration under the “Deferred Action for Childhood Arrival” (DACA) policy must possess an Employment Authorization Document at the time of application

Of-course you failed to supply a link, put I will.
Link
Yes, as a matter of fact, their undocumented, they were brought here illegally eve at a young age, Not Born Here, So No Birth Certificate.

edit on 4-10-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   

I'll try this again. An Employment Authorization Document is a document from the government that allows an immigrant who is not a current U.S. citizen or resident to LEGALLY work in the U.S. You have to apply for this document to get the document. If you get the document you are documented. You must possess this document to apply for the Fellowship program (if you are not a citizen or resident), which means you must be documented. If you are approved to be in the Fellowship, then you have proven that you have a legal authorization to be in the U.S., either by your citizenship/resident status, or by your Employment Authorization Document.

We don't know whether these two men are now U.S. citizens (that is a possibility), or whether they have a green card (U.S. resident), or whether they simply have an Employment Authorization Document. Whichever one of those it is, they ARE documented and have a right to be in the U.S. legally (even if it's only temporarily).

ETA: Link for EAD

www.uscis.gov...
edit on 4-10-2014 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

I'll try this again. An Employment Authorization Document is a document from the government that allows an immigrant who is not a current U.S. citizen or resident to LEGALLY work in the U.S. You have to apply for this document to get the document. If you get the document you are documented. You must possess this document to apply for the Fellowship program (if you are not a citizen or resident), which means you must be documented. If you are approved to be in the Fellowship, then you have proven that you have a legal authorization to be in the U.S., either by your citizenship/resident status, or by your Employment Authorization Document.

We don't know whether these two men are now U.S. citizens (that is a possibility), or whether they have a green card (U.S. resident), or whether they simply have an Employment Authorization Document. Whichever one of those it is, they ARE documented and have a right to be in the U.S. legally (even if it's only temporarily).

You're wasting your time posting in an echo-chamber.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Obama is calling these two men Dreamers, now what are Dreamers?

(CNSNews.com) - President Barack Obama told the Congressional Hispanic Caucus Thursday night he was accompanied to the convention center by two illegal aliens, whom he called "dreamers."

"I want to give a special thanks to two young men who rode over with me from the White House tonight," Obama said. "Luis and Victor are CHCI (Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute) interns and fellows. They are also dreamers, living and working in the country they call home, and making it a better place for all of us.

Dreamer are,,, for the second time.

Dreamers are young people who were brought to this country illegally as children.

link
So your saying Obama is Lying or Mistaken?
Lying would be more like it!

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Just because you were brought here illegally as a child doesn't mean you can't be documented today. It also doesn't mean you can't become a U.S. citizen or a resident with a green card. You could have gotten your U.S. citizenship, but still be called a "dreamer" because of the way you came to America originally. So, no - Obama isn't necessarily lying when he called them dreamers.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45

en.m.wikipedia.org...

"Immigrants, legal and illegal, are more likely to pay taxes than they are to use public services. illegal immigrants aren't eligible for most public services and live in fear of revealing themselves to government authorities. Households headed by illegal immigrants use less than half the amount of federal services that households headed by documented immigrants or citizens make use of."

Since Wiki is not considered the do all to end all in accuracy and truth. Source Secondly having lived 53 years in Southern California your paragraph is utter BS. La Raza helps in processing them through the system upon arrival, they even advertise in the illegals country. I am sure the financial problems of California can be blamed on legal immigrants and US citizens. Do you think it was a joke that in the retirement communities in California had a cartoon with a boat load of retirees going to Mexico to come across the border in order to receive the same benefits as illegals? I am sure the recent episode of kids that have now burdened cities across america with educational cost mean nothing either. While we waste money on other countries children, we hear the same government allowing this, say we need more money for education. You are a fool is you believe any of this government and Wiki crap. I have seen it, lived it, been there bought the T-shirt and now are wearing it inside out. Spew this BS to someone who doesn't know any different.

They're here to put money into social security without pulling any out.......plus illegal immigrants are a modern creation.
Again utter BS my grandfather was arguing this when I was a boy, his son my uncle has every stat on this subject memorized and continues the argument, and I am 57 today it's my turn. I would suggest you go to So. Cal. enter an ER and look around and report back. When you are done with that, find out how many are married claiming gone husband and collect welfare for them and their children, while he is really out working. Then please go to any landscaping business, brickmason, drywaller, painter, car washer, auto detailer to name a few and ask for ID. Then ask how many get a payroll check. They all do there is no system in place to check the SS# they provide, they could be giving yours.

"Until 1918, the United States did not require passports; the term "illegal immigrant" had no meaning. New arrivals were required only to prove their identity and find a relative or friend who could vouch for them.
Customs agents kept an eye out for lunatics and the infirm (and after 1905, for anarchists). Ninety-eight percent of the immigrants who arrived at Ellis Island were admitted to the United States, and 78 percent spent less than eight hours on the island. (The Mexico-United States border then was unguarded and freely crossed in either direction.) "

And of those that went through Ellis they had to be sponsored by a friend or family member as to not burden the system financially, they had a medical check, document check, and criminal check. I know when you go to California I can introduce you to a legal immigrant that went through the process. He is appalled at what is happening as are the legal mexican population that went through the process. What 1918 has to do with the 12 million that are here today is a fantasy in your mind not mine.

www.washingtonpost.com...

Racists in the late 1800s and early 1900s played the exact same game as you guys are playing and they were all wrong. Real history not propaganda tells us how this will end and it's totally fine. Ironically for anti immigration nuts the border with mexico was at one point entirely open. It's a shame greedy capitalists and cold war spies meddled in Latin America and ruined the place.

Did you guys think every Mexican in America showed up when Obama was elected. God damn, I wish people would learn about history themselves but from mainstream media and apply logic themselves not listen to pundits and politicians.

They didn't just show up when Obama was elected, Obama and his policies just made it the easiest it ever has been. I know a someone with a business in So. Cal. with a very large detail business that hired many illegals he has no way to check their ID, the E-verify System only check the SS# if it's good. ICE shows up they don't even run now, he was literally told to let them go and return to the streets. 4 hours later they were rehired, ICE never even enforced the law after checking. No they didn't just show up, they were invited by this administration.

We've always had insane amounts of immigration and we absorbed them, assimilated them and benefited from the whole process. The sentiments from the bottom of society are based in racism, ignorance, and isolationist fear. The goal from the top is to have everyone documented. That's why they offered rewards for illegals going through citizenship processes and tried to get them to join the military. This is about more than Democrats wanting to get more votes. Republicans and Democrats have been in bed together for a while. They don't even run the country anymore, the corporations do.

Again not true, sentiments of the bottom are they have to deal with illegals both financially, and personally created by the top. The goal of the top is to offer false incentives to keep them in power by pandering to illegals, why offer D/L and voting cards, when they don't even speak the language? Because La Raza will guide them through the voting process as well, and the benefit of democrats. BTW just so you know of the expense of illegals, LAPD has to provide interpreters for 53 different languages in Los Angeles with printed documents, this is just a miniscule example.

I have worked with hundreds of them, most are fine people looking for work to support their families in a better lifestyle but it isn't my obligation to pay for that until it happens. My first wife was hispanic, her parents were legal through the process her dad was in WWII, I enjoyed christmas with her grandparents talking about Pancho Villa in their villages when they were children. To this day I eat tamales and scrambled eggs for christmas. Your narrative might convince someone who hasn't lived it but I have. Everyone from my mom, to my son still do, Virginia is a much better place. VA citizens are just seeing the influx now, and the construction industry is just starting to complain. Somethings never change.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Thanks a ton for bringing reason and reality into it. I'm fully aware that this is a huge problem for the states on the border.

That's exactly the point. The nation is suffering in many ways but each state or region has different problems.

Where I live on the east coast this will literally never ever be an issue. In fact it helps us because eventually these immigrants will come in very small numbers and will actually help out our economy as has been happening for decades. There is no immigration issue in my blue state.

My whole entire point is that this is an issue of our broken and corrupt federal government. This SPECIFIC issue is caused by mainly democrats for all the reasons you discuss.

What staunch Republicans don't realize is that the reverse of this is true as well. Issues that are taken up by Democrats that matter are blocked by Republican political agendas in the exact same way. Healthcare anyone?

What you need to realize is that all our problems right now essentially boil down to the fact that both American citizens and the corrupt corporate bought politicians which represent them aren't interested in fixing ANY PROBLEM AT ALL.

Both political parties would rather just talk about the issues that appeal to their constituents because being a politician has been reduced to "just another job" rather than being a position of great responsibility and import. So in your states it's a huge issue. In my state it's seen as pure racism.

So if you really care about the issue because of how it affects your community stop engaging in the partisan games that serve no one but the politicians and their corporate backers.

Stop blaming Obama and Pelosi for being the SOLE CAUSE of this nation's problems. I can pull out Ted Cruz or Lindsay Graham if the point is that one party is right. The only fact that is true is that Washington is corrupt and partisan bickering and selfish agenda pushing (by citizens as well as the power brokers and their pets) is the root cause. You're communities suffer not because Obama is a Muslim devil. He's either a patsy or conspirator just like Reagan, both Bushes and Clinton was. Also just to still it home Hillary will do the same # as all the Presidents I mentioned if she gets elected. 90% of these leaders don't give the slightest thought to you or any other citizen who isn't paying them huge money.

Thanks again for trying reasoned debate over ranting and partisan bickering Marlin Grace. I hope I've made my TRUE point crystal clear at this point.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: guohua
Yes, Folks, That's what the POTUS said to a room full of immigration activists at a Dinner for illegals.

What "dinner for illegals"? It was for the Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute ... That's activists and lawmakers, not 'illegals'. Your thread is pure ignorance.
edit on 10/4/2014 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

No is not ignorant at all my friend, sadly this came from the horses mouth,

"Obama Tells Hispanic Caucus He 'Rode Over' From WH With 2 Illegal Aliens"

So yes, it was a dinner to of promises and defiant against the legal American citizens in the nation when favoring the illegals that actually under our laws are criminals when they enter the country.

To me he is giving the finger to all of us that are legal citizens, also he is showing that he doesn't need congress to push his agendas.

cnsnews.com...

edit on 4-10-2014 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

cnsnews.com...

HE said he came over with 2 DREAMERS, who are not illegal. Read Kaylaluv's posts ON THIS PAGE because they explain why. CSNnews is crap.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   

I doesn't matter BH, it was a dinner for the illegals in the nation that are represented by the Hispanic caucus that actually me been Latina I find offensive what they are doing to us, while we legal citizens struggle with life in our nation.

It was an expression of welcoming to illegals here and more to come, actually is actually calling for more to come in.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

cnsnews.com...

HE said he came over with 2 DREAMERS, who are not illegal. Read Kaylaluv's posts ON THIS PAGE because they explain why. CSNnews is crap.

But why didn't Obama make it clear if those 2 were actually citizens now, or if they had taken advantage of the EO, or what?

Obama's lack of clarity casts suspicions (he's good at casting suspicion).

You would think he would emphasize any "legal" procedures taken as an example.

Fact is, we don't know the correct status do we.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   

I doesn't matter BH, it was a dinner for the illegals in the nation that are represented by the Hispanic caucus that actually me been Latina I find offensive what they are doing to us, while we legal citizens struggle with life in our nation.

It was an expression of welcoming to illegals here and more to come, actually is actually calling for more to come in.

I'm sorry, but just because you say these things doesn't mean it's true. This is an ANNUAL dinner for the Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute. Senators, representatives, journalists... These are LEGAL AMERICANS, just like you! This is the FIFTH dinner of its kind that Obama has spoken at.

I'm not claiming that every single person there was legal, but the dinner was not "for illegals".

Besides, undocumented immigrants CANNOT vote!

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
To all those who support illegal aliens, I hope you will enjoy your huge tax increases that this will certanly bring to us legal Americans to support them and all of their babies, housing, medical care and other ridiculous freebies as they play the system as they have done for ages here.

Also hope you enjoy telling your teenage children and grandchildren how they cant find entry level jobs because of the huge amount of immigrants who have now filled up any open positions. Huge taxes to pay for yourselves, and no income for your youngs ones. You will have to support the immigrants and then your young ones when they cant find any jobs.

Any American citizens supporting this madness should be deeply ashamed of yourselves for the mess you will create for this country and our teenagers.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
But why didn't Obama make it clear if those 2 were actually citizens now, or if they had taken advantage of the EO, or what?

Maybe he figured we were smart enough to figure out that if they are working here (which requires work permits) and interns AND fellows at the Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute, they're legal. He said:

I want to give a special thanks to two young men who rode over with me from the White House tonight. Luis and Victor are CHCI interns and fellows. They are also DREAMers, living and working in the country they call home"

I guess he was wrong on assuming our cognitive abilities...

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: DenyTraitors
To all those who support illegal aliens,

I don't know of anyone here who supports illegal entry into our country. But remember, just because a person is Latino, doesn't mean they're illegally here.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   

I won't take Obama's word for it.

And maybe "interns" don't get put on a payroll.

Obama is an expert at pulling the wool over peoples' eyes.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join