It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Si se puede, si votamos! Yes, we can, if we vote!'

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

Sorry that Pedro took that lawn mowing job you wouldn't do

We all know that Pedro has moved beyond just mowing lawns and picking crops. Citizens have families to feed too.

Most of the planet suffers while you bask in extreme abundance and every time they complain you tell them to stfu. The selfishness and lack of empathy in America is disgusting.

Tell that to the homeless and hungry all across the USA. Tell that to most of the people who live pay check to paycheck. Most people who have extra money donate to causes all over the world. To paint such a broad stroke and paint all Americans as the same is not right.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

My reply to the last quote didn't take so I'll reply here.

Most of the planet suffers while you bask in extreme abundance and every time they complain you tell them to stfu. The selfishness and lack of empathy in America is disgusting.

Tell that to all the hungry and homeless people all across the USA living in tents and out on the streets. Tell that to all the people barely getting by and living paycheck to paycheck. Those that have extra have donated to causes all over the world. The American people have been very generous. To paint such a broad stroke and paint all Americans as the same is not right.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus
You fooled me.

I never said I valued opinions over facts, just that I acknowledge them. Reality is that all kinds of people have opinions, often rooted in emotion.

It is also true that those opinions have little sway in how things actually turn out, yours included.

edit on 13-10-2014 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Lol. How about you tell those poor suffering Americans that they can't have housing or healthcare or food even though we have more than enough to go around because we have an arbitrary money system which serves the interests of the ruling elite? Nah blame the illegals. I guess the illegals are why so many vets get no healthcare after fighting the oil wars? The illegals are also why middle class jobs are disappearing even though an illegal can't get those jobs?

Keep believing the rhetoric that there isn't enough to go around when there's more than enough food to feed the whole planet. We have 3d printers that can print out houses. We can't take care of their health but we can give the Kardashians plastic surgery. The only thing stopping us from achieving utopia is the irrational clinging to a broken system which serves only the purpose of giving the elite a feeling of superiority.

Just sad that you all think this country is collapsing due to illegals. Go buy another IPad while our vets starve and suffer. Don't forget to post about how the illegals caused every problem in America.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   

LOL! I actually agree with you. I know damned well we could afford to help more but that money here is spent foolishly. The American government and the American people are not the same. We don't seem to have a say in how things are done around here, votes or no votes.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Lol way more than that. We could build a utopia for planet earth this very second but there's no profit in it. Money is the root cause and any time you blame anyone who's not of the 1% for anything you prolong it.

Since I'm constantly misunderstood let me clarify that I'm not saying murderers and pedophiles and such should walk free. I'm just saying stop blaming problems on generalized groups you dislike or were harmed by. Illegal immigrants, Muslims, gays, politicins, blacks whatever are not the problem. It's the banking/corporate system that's at fault.

Communism/capitalism/fascism/theocracy or any other system exist to create and preserve moneyed elites. Until we stop hating each other and start caring about people more than money or status or power we can't progress.

The clock is running down too. The Earth can't handle unbridled greed and materialism much longer. If we run out of oil before we set up renewable energy systems it's all over. That's sometime this century by even the most generous estimates. This is also ignoring environmental strains created by our system.

God damn I wish I was better at this. The ideas I purvey are truth. It's just hard to teach truth when I'm so dumb from years of self neglect

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   
i know this post wasn't directed at me, but i'm seeing so much wrong, i need to comment..

originally posted by: tavi45
Yeah but those legal channels are extremely difficult as I pointed out and her husband confirmed. So all these people living in violence and poverty ridden communities should worry about our laws when we caused most of their problems? The # of refugees allowed from Central America is 5000-8000. 8000 is the maximum legally possible for these people.

that's the excuse? "it's too hard"? ..i mean, seriously, what it looks like you're saying is "f**k the law, because it's too hard to not be a criminal" i mean, jesus, do you actually read this crap before you hit "reply"?

and how, EXACTLY, did WE cause their problems? and by "we", i mean the american people....

I'm not saying she should leave.

I think Guohau should go.

actually, yeah, you kinda did...

I'm saying that the lack of compassion for people in need or at least the tiniest bit of taking responsibility for our problems in foreign policy, economically, politically or militarily is just sickening.

what part of "we can't even properly take care of our own" don't you get? what part of "we don't have it to give" don't you get? ...there's empathy, and then there's giving everything we have to people who don't appreciate it, who have no intention of becoming contributing citizens, and won't even learn the goddamn language of the country they're robbing.. i'm all about helping people...i'm not about destroying my life, and the lives of any kids i might have down the road, to make sure another country's citizens are comfortable.

Americans have this attitude where everything we do is perfectly right. We've never made mistakes ever. Every problem we caused in other countries is their problem. You see the same uninformed self centered arguments in how we deal with Muslims.

incorrect. once again, you're mistaking "The U.S. Federal Government" for "The American People"

I'm just really really tired of Americans with absolutely no understanding of history pretending we are some kind of faultless utopia. If we haven't turned Latin America (our declared turf based on the Monroe doctrine which no one seems to remember) into a #hole for slightly cheaper bananas and Coca Cola and such, they wouldn't be coming here.

once again, you're mistaking "The U.S. Federal Government" for "The American People"

and it's idiotic that you feel that the american people should pay for the sins of the federal government, multinational corporations, and international banks.

I'm really sorry you guys are focusing on the hyperbole in my arguments over the points.

well, if you're argumens weren't mostly hyperbole, maybe we would have something else to focus on....you're not giving us much to work with..

We're all foreigners except the native Americans.

this again? my family line goes back several generations in this country, i'm no foreigner, and i'm sure most here can say the same.

My ancestors showed up at Ellis Island and came in legally because our laws allowed illegal immigrants to become legal upon entering.

guess what...you're not a foreigner either..

Where the # is the Ellis Island for Latin Americans? Answer : there isn't one. There's no way any of these people to enter legally. So either fix their countries so they don't need to come or allow them to be legal citizens when they show u . Otherwise you're all basically saying to these people, "our continued greed and comfort is more important than your children's well being".

Mexico is a s**thole because of the cartels, government corruption, international banks, and multinational corporations, with some meddling from the U.S. Federal Government thrown in for good measure...

it IS NOT the fault of the american people, and they should not have to pay for it...

not everyone buys into the "murica, f**k yeah" mindset...and those who do, really should do us all a favor, and go play in traffic...

Empathy is just dead in America. You're all so spoiled you can't even see past your own noses. Sorry that Pedro took that lawn mowing job you wouldn't do anyways, but he wants his children to bit starve to death this winter. All I hear on every issue people bring up on this forum and in real life and on mainstream media is that just because we use more resources than some continents to preserve a lifestyle of complete and utter insanity doesn't mean we should have to care for other human beings.

Jesus, where do you get this s**t?

We can all argue online in compete safety and with tons of material possessions because people elsewhere suffer for it. Most of the planet suffers while you bask in extreme abundance and every time they complain you tell them to stfu. The selfishness and lack of empathy in America is disgusting. Go watch Super Sweet 16 or Real Housewives of Anywhere America and tell me that these children should starve or get murdered or raped so we can be a nation of such extreme mental illness we make ancient Rome look like saints. Can't wait for the defensive responses. Americans are incapable of taking blame for anything. We're the greatest country that ever existed............

and your ignorance is horrifyingly disgusting...

where the f**k is my "extreme abundance"? i got no goddamn job, man....can't find one either...

I'll accept blame for something, when i actually own the actions i'm being blamed for.
edit on 10-14-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Lol. It used to be that seeking a better life for ones children in America was part of the American dream. It's a shame we have so many restrictions now that so few can come here. Guess the Land of Oppurtunity no longer exists.

You shouldn't pay for the sins of our government but not should these Latin Americans who suffered at the hands of our government. I don't see you doing anything but attacking them even though they caused you no direct harm either. Maybe attack the real problem not the scapegoats? The illegals (most of whom are children lately) certainly didn't outsource your jobs. They didn't cause your lack of a job. You might as well get angry at the machines that stole most of the jobs or the Chinese and other foreigners (who didn't steal your jobs either). The only ones at fault are the corporations and bankers and all their shills (that includes people who listen to the propaganda).

Regardless you keep saying the american people should not be held responsible for the actions of their government. If not Americans who is responsible? The people of Latin America certainly are at the least as blameless as you if not more so since they actually suffered more than you. You can argue with me on the Internet, so clearly you have it better than these illegals.

Where do I get this #? From observing the culture and attitudes of Americans in real life, on TV, on radio, and on the Internet. Our culture is hardcore insane. If you think it's not please explain to me how rampant consumerism and encouragement of sociopathic/narcissistic behavior is a good thing.

At the end of the day America alone could create a utopia if we actually cared to try. We could be oil free anytime we want. We could feed the whole planet anytime we want. Instead we buy into the fallacy of infinite growth and selfish competition over sustainability and human needs.

Your extreme abundance is in the pockets of some slimy greedy millionaire or maybe the politician he bought off. It'd definitely not in the hands of illegal immigrants unless one took your job directly and even then you can't blame the guy for working to feed his family.

Even if you're completely unemployed you are better off than most people on planet earth including these illegal immigrants. Do you think the nickel a plant pickers live in mansions or something? In many third world countries people die of starvation or disease. The fact that you can be totally unproductive and still manage to have food and water to stay alive and electricity to run your phone or computer implies your life is not that bad on a global scale.

Sorry if I lack sympathy for you. I was unemployed for a year but I never blamed illegal immigrants for that issue. I blamed a combination of myself and our #ed up corporatist "democracy". Then I found a job with no qualifications besides merit and forged a path to my current happiness (I'm still poor as # but most of the world is so I don't complain).

My ancestors came during the Irish potato famine as refugees. They were allowed in because America wanted cheap labor and they came through Ellis Island legally because the system allowed for masses of refugees.

There is no Ellis Island for Latin Americans because our corporations love having unidentified illegals working for them. They can't complain about working conditions or pay and cost nothing in taxes or benefits or other costs associated with legal laborers.

As for bashing me on hyperbole that's just ridiculous. The only person in this whole thread who provided sources or reasonable responses was Marlin Grace. Scroll back to the OP and subsequent posts. No real content. Mostly political cartoons, Obama bashing, and massive hyperbole of her own (at least mine isn't propaganda based).

I've ceded points to Marlin Grace and admitted that I understand the issues and agree with most points. I just keep saying that it's such a minor issue, a mere symptom of the true disease. You don't blame your body or your sneezing for the flu, you blame the flu virus.

As to saying Guohua should leave it was clearly hyperbole. I doubt think the illegals should leave so why would I think Americans should. I just find fault in a woman LUCKY enough to snag an American husband complaining that other people won't use proper channels. She did not get here on her own merit. She got an American to do it for her. So how about you start a dating service to match empoverished refugees to get with lonely American dudes? Or should the refugees do that themselves out of respect for laws they very justly don't care about made by a nation who didn't care about their well being at all and used them?

They put all their time and money into getting here. If your children (use your imagination since I assume you have none since an unemployed man with kids shouldn't be wasting time arguing with me) were in constant danger of being made into a cartel runner or child soldier, or being killed, or enslaved, or raped, or just plain dying of disease or starvation you'd probably struggle to get your kids to the legendary Land of Opportunity too. I wish someone would tell them that the Land of Opportunity is now a gated community.

All I see from your posts and many others is misplaced rage and frustration that you are directing at the wrong people. The illegal immigrants suffered more than you and worked harder than you and deserve just as much as you based on the fact that they are human. The people who victimized them also victimized you. It's like a nerd beating the crap out of the new foreign exchange student because he's powerless against the jock bully.

I don't hate you or Guohua or pretty much anyone. Any perceived hatred I project is my own frustration with the unfairness of our system combined with a poor ability to convey my true ideas well. I do hate your programming though. The power of the American propaganda machine is just awe inspiring. People continually attack everyone except the puppet masters. The system we live in is so deeply imbedded in our psyches from birth that we think it's inevitable. People forget the economy itself is an outdated fiction. All the capitalist ideals people accept as fact without a second thought are not human nature. Until people see through the illusions and speak out this will only get worse. True economic depression even worse than 1929 is looking in the horizon. WW3 will be the result if it comes. Stop attacking the pawns. Chess can't be won by taking out pawns especially when the enemy player has an endless supply. If you doubt my sincerity then so be it, but I hope you (and others) can see past the curtain and see our nation for what it really is. Once you do that you won't hate the illegal immigrants anymore. They are your brothers and sisters just like all mankind. All human beings and everything on this planet and in the universe is connected to you. Money is the only enemy.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Lol. It used to be that seeking a better life for ones children in America was part of the American dream. It's a shame we have so many restrictions now that so few can come here. Guess the Land of Oppurtunity no longer exists.

This is in no way the America it used to be. The American dream has turned into the American nightmare long ago I think.

The illegals (most of whom are children lately) certainly didn't outsource your jobs.

Most of them were not children, they were mostly men, women and teens on the verge of adulthood that was covered in depth on other similar threads. These people will all need jobs. The millions before them needed and took jobs. So if jobs have been outsourced and whatever and illegals are holding jobs, that leaves less and less for citizens.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Even if you're completely unemployed you are better off than most people on planet earth including these illegal immigrants.

What about when benefits run out as they have for so many? Shelters are filled to capacity. There are plenty of people living on the streets and in tents by no choice of their own. Many people have to choose between life saving medicines or food to eat. People see Americans as rich when in reality, we have poor people trying to survive too.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

gods above....

you just don't get it.

people are pissed off at the illegals, BECAUSE THEY'RE F**KING ILLEGAL!

they're squatting here, don't you understand that?

if i broke into your house, and decided that i was gonna sleep on your couch, eat your food, and "borrow" your bank card, and car when i needed them, and not clean up after myself, thus making a complete mess of your house....well, i'm pretty sure you'd be none too happy with me.... and nobody would blame you for that.

squatting here illegally, and expecting to have all your needs met by the taxpayers, when our system can't even afford to adequately meet the needs of actual citizens, just because you've had a rough time of it, is, frankly, f**king insane.

you wanna talk about delusions of entitlement? holy s**t.

just because they've had a rough time of it in their homeland, doesn't mean they are entitled to ANYTHING here...the american people didn't do these things to them, the american people owe them nothing. if they wanna be here, they can apply to become citizens...

and honestly, the implication that the OP used her husband for a green card, is pretty low...

in any event, the thrust of this post is that people are pissed with illegals, because they're here in clear violation of the law, nothing is being done about it, and they're making a mess of things here...

i know it sounds harsh, but they should be sent away, and made to come back the right way.

you say i can't blame illegals for my lack of work....i sure as s**t can...and you know why? most of the vocations i'm good at, and would want to work in, are occupied by illegal mexican day laborers....carpentry? mexicans. construction? mexicans. Landscaping? mexicans. the only vocation i'd want, that HASN'T been taken over by mexicans, is I.T. ....and i can't get anything in that field, because pretty much any firm in that field requires an assload of certifications that i can't afford to get, and they don't give a flying firetruck about my 20 years of actual real-world experience in the field. and don't think i haven't applied to just about every retail business in the area, because i have, and none of them will have me..

yes, i live with my parents, because i lost my job...yes, they take care of my essentials. i do odd jobs here and there, when i can get them, but they're not regular, steady, or even good income... i'm talking to you from a computer made out of a combination of parts i bought myself when i still had a job, and donated parts from friends who didn't need them anymore(when, when you think about it, it's a testament to my capabilities, and resourcefulness)....i have game consoles, and a TV, but i bought them when i had a job, i even got a brand new PS4 at launch....but only because i was lucky enough to win it in a contest. i have no access to excess...i haven't even bought a new item of clothing in 3 years....maybe even 4, and what i have left is starting to get kinda ratty, i've even lost a few items to damage.

i'm tired of hearing how good i have it. were it not for my parents, i'd be living in a f**King maytag box somewhere....or dead. the fact that these f**kers can come here, and immediately find work, pisses me off to no end.
edit on 10-14-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Eh, you're not really listening. I fully understand your reasoning.

You can blame anyone you want. You have no responsibility for anyone but yourself.

These are all true and are the same basis for why you are out of work. The government and the corporations and banks have no responsibility to you. You think they do but they don't. Out culture is based around selfish profit seeking. We worship money and care not for people outside our small social group.

You are part of the problem. I've been in your position before and I didn't blame any specific group. I blamed our emotionless money based culture.

You actually do have it good. You have plenty of amenities. You have clean water and food. You don't have to fear being shot or robbed nearly as much as most people in the world (especially the places these refugees come from). You only have it bad compared to other Americans (not even all of them since many are homeless). Hell I don't have a PS4 and I'm employed.

There's always joining the military. They'll send you to college and house and feed you. You just have to be willing to fought wars for greed and risk your safety.

All I see from you is rage and frustration about the injustices in our society. All these injustices come from the top. You'd rather fault illegal immigrants for working hard then the corrupt businessmen who hire them with 0 regard for our nation's well being. These businessman are doing the same thing you are. They only see as far as their own life and whatever people that happens to include.

You've fallen for the propaganda. No one is screwing the American people more than the ruling corporatocracy. I'm sorry that your life is not going how you wish it was but it's not the illegals that caused it. Once again they are but a symptom of the disease.

If you think fear and rage are going to create progress that's your call. History has shown that love, inclusiveness, compassion, hope, and other positive emotions create positive change. Bigotry, hatred, fear, and rage just create more of the same problems which caused them.

Keep raging at me or the illegals or whoever you want but it's not gonna get you anywhere. I hope you can overcome your negative emotions and find inner peace. It took me 10 years to escape the worst of it and I'm still working on it. Best of luck.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Uh we are rich. We use 25% of the world resources with only 5% of the population. It's just wildly unequal. Income inequality in America blows every nation now and historically out of the water.

Scarcity is not an issue anymore. We could feed and house the whole planet. We could have unlimited energy with purely renewable sources. It's merely that the powerful ruling class is neurotically addicted to their own system. Money is the root of all evil now.

If we'd been working towards utopia since the 50s we'd already be there or at least choose to it. Instead America's focus has been on global domination, debt slavery, rampant consumerism.

Eh I could go on forever and ever. The point is our systems don't work. If your house is rotting and crumbling you don't patch it up. You build a new better house and knock down the old one. All the ism's have failed ESPECIALLY capitalism. It's time to let go of our conditioned philosophies and systems and start building utopia for everyone, even brown people.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Daedalus
if i broke into your house, and decided that i was gonna sleep on your couch, eat your food, and "borrow" your bank card, and car when i needed them, and not clean up after myself, thus making a complete mess of your house....well, i'm pretty sure you'd be none too happy with me.... and nobody would blame you for that.

A lot of people use this example but it breaks down when you realize that your parents let them in, for what ever reason and on whatever terms.

Now some people might think the house is theirs but I think George Carlin said it best: "The politicians are put there to give you the idea that you have freedom of choice. You don't. You have no choice! You have OWNERS! They OWN YOU. They own everything."

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: LDragonFire

The Democrats clearly don't need illegals to defeat the republicans.

How do know for sure illegals didn't help win those elections?

Illegals? Good question! Does SCYTL count as "aliens"?
Should foreign corporations be allowed to tally our votes?
EVERYTHING has been outsourced, even the fodder for campaign politics comes from another country these days. Americans have been thrown under the bus (full of you-know-what) and are required to pay for the gas while theyre getting run over. Citizens are last in line for everything except derision and taxes.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Ahhhh George Carlin. He had it all figured out. He is the true prophet of modern times. Best part is he was a prophet of humanity, having abandoned all religion.
edit on 15-10-2014 by tavi45 because: auto correct mistake

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Eh, you're not really listening.

i'm "listening"...you're just not saying anything worth "hearing"

I fully understand your reasoning.

obviously, you don't. stop lying.

You can blame anyone you want. You have no responsibility for anyone but yourself.

gee, thanks -rolleyes-

These are all true and are the same basis for why you are out of work. The government and the corporations and banks have no responsibility to you. You think they do but they don't. Out culture is based around selfish profit seeking. We worship money and care not for people outside our small social group.

where did i even imply that i think the corporations and banks have any kind of responsibility to me?

a segment of our population has adopted a lifestyle based around selfish profit seeking....don't presume to ascribe the sins of a minority, to the citizenry at large.....

i, for one, would do great things, to help people, if i had the kind of money these bastards(banks, corporations, etc) do...i got a lot of good ideas....

You are part of the problem.

lol

I've been in your position before and I didn't blame any specific group. I blamed our emotionless money based culture.

good for you..i'm glad that blaming a generalization of your own making worked better for you, than blaming actual causes for your ills...

You actually do have it good.

haven't i told you how tired i am of hearing that? yeah, sure, i have it "good"....what part of "if it weren't for my parents, i'd be living in a maytag box, or maybe even dead by now", DIDN'T you understand, the LAST time i said it?

You have plenty of amenities.

that i bought with my own money, that i went out and earned....aside from a few computer parts, and the PS4 i won in a contest, NONE of it was handed to me, and ABSOLUTELY NONE of it was paid for with taxpayer dollars....

You have clean water and food.

ok, and so do most people, not living in third-world countries...hell, even people in North Korea have clean food and water.....they might not have much of it, but they have it.

You don't have to fear being shot or robbed nearly as much as most people in the world

no, not in my current neighborhood....my old one though....yeah, i slept with my gun in a holster, attached to my headboard....loaded, hammer back, and ready to rock and roll...

(especially the places these refugees come from)

they're not refugees....stop that.

they weren't refugees 10 years ago, or 20 years ago, or 30 years ago, and so on, and so forth.....they're only "refugees" now, because of this insane push for amnesty, and a border-less superstate, and the desire of the truly insane, to destroy this country, by allowing foreign invaders, to determine our fate.....

You only have it bad compared to other Americans (not even all of them since many are homeless).

this is true. and that is the only measure i really care about, since i live here....i'm far too small, and powerless, to concern myself with the conditions in other countries.....if i had money, and power, i would then have the tools to look at other places, and say "how can i help?"...right now, it's a waste of time and energy, and an exercise in frustration. i'm frustrated enough.

Hell I don't have a PS4 and I'm employed.

and i wouldn't have one either, if i hadn't been lucky enough to win one in a contest. there's a huge difference between winning an expensive item in a contest, and having the means to go out and buy it. i trust you understand that..

There's always joining the military. They'll send you to college and house and feed you. You just have to be willing to fought wars for greed and risk your safety.

there is that, yes....

All I see from you is rage and frustration about the injustices in our society.

and this is not a normal reaction, to you? what would you have my reaction be? simple acceptance? "roll over, and take it?" sorry, that ain't me...

All these injustices come from the top.

Really?! OH MY GOD!

You'd rather fault illegal immigrants for working hard then the corrupt businessmen who hire them with 0 regard for our nation's well being. These businessman are doing the same thing you are. They only see as far as their own life and whatever people that happens to include.

i have no problem with people working hard....i used to work hard, when i had a job...my problem is with people violating our borders, squatting in our country, not contributing, getting paid under the table, and having resources handed to them, that they have NO entitlement to.....

i blame international banks, and multinational corporations...i believe they're a huge problem, and even stated as much, earlier in this very thread....never said they weren't part of the problem...

the difference between me and the businessmen, is that i don't look beyond my own life, because i can't afford to....they don't, because they're selfish and greedy.

You've fallen for the propaganda.

sorry, mate...you're projecting again...

i think it's you, who's fallen for propaganda....the propaganda that says illegals are not a problem, and that everything's all unicorns and rainbows...

No one is screwing the American people more than the ruling corporatocracy.

i'll give you that one too.... we have a fascist system in this country....the federal government is more or less, at this point, a puppet of the corporations and banks....business and finance, in bed with government...textbook fascism..

'm sorry that your life is not going how you wish it was

i'm not sure about all that. i'm fairly certain you don't ACTUALLY give a s**t...and i honestly wouldn't blame you for it either, because really...who the f**k am i to you? nobody.

but it's not the illegals that caused it. Once again they are but a symptom of the disease.

no, they are a problem....one of many we have in this country today...

they broke the law to get here, they break the law by staying...the are in violation of the law, and are therefore, committing a crime. they are criminals, they are intruders, trespassers...they don't belong here, and i don't give a good goddamn what country they're from....they're not here legally, they're a drain on the system...they're a problem.

i wouldn't expect to be able to sneak into canada, or mexico, and just squat, mooch off public assistance, get paid under the table, and be allowed to keep doing it on, and on....i'd expect to be found, and sent home, and made to apply for citizenship, if i wanted to live there...

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
(cont from above)

If you think fear and rage are going to create progress that's your call. History has shown that love, inclusiveness, compassion, hope, and other positive emotions create positive change. Bigotry, hatred, fear, and rage just create more of the same problems which caused them.

so, what, drop the borders, allow everyone everywhere to mingle? have you any idea how much damage that would do to cultures and civilizations? it would be horribly destructive.

Keep raging at me or the illegals or whoever you want but it's not gonna get you anywhere. I hope you can overcome your negative emotions and find inner peace. It took me 10 years to escape the worst of it and I'm still working on it. Best of luck.

sorry, i don't see it as problem i have to overcome...i deal in facts, reality, and logic....no amount of wishful thinking, and huffing unicorn farts is gonna change reality...

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
A lot of people use this example but it breaks down when you realize that your parents let them in, for what ever reason and on whatever terms.

what the actual f**k?

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
How can you not get it?

You pointed out the difference between the "us government" and the "people of the us". Well that is it. Those who run the house and those who do as they are told.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join