It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Si se puede, si votamos! Yes, we can, if we vote!'

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarlinGrace
One thing you will notice in life Travi the rich don't blame anyone and make excuses for their failings they figure out a way to make. There is no one laughing at me Travi, it is you they find funny, you make it very easy to be taken advantage of. You keep thinking it's everyone else's fault you don't have the life you want, keep whining about the things in life that aren't fair, keeping arguing about what everyone else has, you decide on what everyone deserves or doesn't deserve and the rich will get richer with or without your help. I already have the life I wanted, no complaints just earned it.

Why is it that whenever someone points out class inequality it is assumed that they are complaining about their own place in life?

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

lol, nice sidestep.

additionally, your logic is seriously flawed.

if it's fact, than that makes it genuinely NOT a matter of opinion, and thus not inconsequential.

MTA (operating on contract to the state of new york) deciding that foreign invaders deserve more consideration than those of us who belong here (their actions reflect upon the state of new york, whether you like it or not). we have a president who rides to an event with illegals, and kowtows to them, even going so far as to learn a phrase, IN THEIR LANGUAGE, to stir them up. and then there's all the incentives that exist for these people to come here...jobs, tax-free income, free everything from the government. oh, and lets not forget that almost EVERYTHING in stores is now labeled in both english AND spanish...when i was a kid, everything was in english...now we need to cater to foreign invaders, who can't be bothered to even learn the language of the country they're illegally squatting in..

when all these conditions are taken into consideration, as the facts they are, it can be said that the U.S. is far too accommodating to them..this isn't simple opinion, but a factual conclusion, based on facts and truth...

please stop apologizing for them.
edit on 10-9-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus
All I see is you wanting to infringe upon the freedom of businesses to do business as they see fit.

One more time, these "Businesses" are not "The US". That's all there is to it.

The reason things are labeled in different languages is so they can be shipped to other countries without spending on different packaging but you are free to see it however you want. Still doesn't make your conclusion anything else but an opinion.

edit on 9-10-2014 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: MarlinGrace

Eh I lack the power to un brainwash you. I guess there are no tax cuts for the rich. Economic forces are created only by the sitting president and have no lasting effect afterwards. Perhaps I gave you too much credit.

I'm not jealous at all. I grew up in a top 10 richest place in America thanks to the hard uncomplaining work of my father and his great ability to handle money frugally and intelligently. I was educated well (mostly by myself, since school was a joke and I got into a top 40 college with literally no effort whatsoever). If I had been motivated by money I'd be rolling in it now (obviously you won't believe me but you don't believe anyone so I'm not worried).

I'm literally happier now then I've ever been in my life because I have a job that I got ENTIRELY through my own merits. I didn't use a favor from a friend, or any qualifications or past experience, or game playing to get where I am now. I am working where I am now thanks 100% to my own merits as a human being. I do owe my great quality if character and empathy to my amazing parents and their politically centrist but Catholic born values.

So call me a poor, jealous fool but I'm not. I live among the super wealthy. They are my neighbors. They are my friends. They are my family. They are my employers as well as my workers and my clients. Trust me, I'm not jealous. Money is meaningless past that which you need to survive. I see this everyday dealing with the broken children of broken families who think money success every problem. Hell I make my money off this very notion.

I have empathy. I can understand your position. If I wanted to I could argue against illegal immigration. It's not hard. It's so obviously wrong and a problem. It's devastating our southwest and causing cultural, economic, and political turmoil everywhere.. But you're missing the point. It's a symptom not a disease. You've been fed with mainstream ideas too long and lack critical thinking skills (like every rich kid I went to school with). If you could look past your own bubble you'd realize what Jefferson knew all along.

"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered...I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies... The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs". -Thomas Jefferson

www.monticello.org...

I love you. I love the homophobes who wish I was dead. I love the destitute Latin Americans fleeing to the nation that caused almost all their problems.

Best of luck escaping the bubble. It's a touch scary to see through it all but it's very very freeing.
edit on 9-10-2014 by tavi45 because: auto correct mistake

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   

and your conclusion is an opinion..

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

One thing you will notice in life Travi the rich don't blame anyone and make excuses for their failings they figure out a way to make. There is no one laughing at me Travi, it is you they find funny, you make it very easy to be taken advantage of. You keep thinking it's everyone else's fault you don't have the life you want, keep whining about the things in life that aren't fair, keeping arguing about what everyone else has, you decide on what everyone deserves or doesn't deserve and the rich will get richer with or without your help. I already have the life I wanted, no complaints just earned it.

Why is it that whenever someone points out class inequality it is assumed that they are complaining about their own place in life?

Because complaining is easy. There has always been class inequality, how far would you like to go back? Life has never been fair soon as you get over it and move on with your life you will stop focusing on everything but you. Then maybe you can have the life you want. Pointing out "Class Inequality" is wasting your time.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Until we had the onslaught of so many illegals, we never had to proclaim it officially, it was just understood. Many States DO have English as their official language and others are fighting for it. And if the majority of workers are speaking a foreign language instead of the language of the land, that is pretty sad. It is unacceptable to me that any citizen should be forced to speak a foreign language in his own Country when the job has nothing to do with international business or translations. Plus, I think I've been traumatized having worked with people for 8 years who mostly spoke Spanish all day. It drove me insane. LOL I felt like I left MY Country.

Oh and there's the rub! Ah I was hoping for this response, because it shows that you slept during high school history class.

Ready for it? I know you don't want to hear it, but it's the truth. Much of this country was in fact Mexico before the United States annexed it. And in the human civilization timeline, it actually wasn't that long ago.

Here's an example: I live in Florida, (also known as America's wang) Gulf coast states like Florida have people that speak a language called Creole. Ever heard of it? Probably not outside of Ann Rice homo-erotica, but I can attest that a lot of red blooded natural born Americans speak Creole.

But back to my original point, a lot of the people that you assume are illegals just because their first and predominant language happens to be español in fact were born in this country, or have deep roots in this country, the proof of this is the many varied names of cities and towns in the southwest of the United States. (like Anglo Saxon English immigrants would name a town El Passo)

Also, many that you assume are here illegally simply aren't, they are either here on work visas, or are actually citizens who have taken up that noblest of American traditions to say "screw you societal norms! I'm me and I'll effing speak whatever damn well language I want!"

Or, do you go to the french quarter of Louisiana and point at people speaking french like the guy from invasion of the body snatchers and scream "ILLEGAL!"?

The point is, unless you see the particular person cross the Rio Grande river, it's really impossible to really know if they are in fact here illegally. Yes, there are many many people that do cross illegally, and come to this country searching for a better life for themselves and their families. And yes I agree they should go through official channels to become legal citizens of this country. I disagree that you can spot an illegal just by the language they speak.

I believe that the premise for your argument is flawed, your logic is unsound, and that the facts of the matter do not support your conclusion that a person speaking Spanish in America automatically makes them an illegal alien.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

Regulate business? What's that? I've never heard of such a thing. Businesses are compassionate and love America. It's those damn illegal immigrants, lazy blacks and needy gays that cause all our problems.

Oh I know, heaven forbid the thought of actually going after the people that hire illegals, or go after the landlords that rent to illegals, can't possibly do that. Corporations are completely infallible. Not that they would dare exploit people and put them into horrific working or living conditions on purpose knowing full well that the person they are for lack of a better term enslaving are going to go to the authorities about the barbaric and inhuman working and living conditions these people are most of the time forced into.

No no, can't go after them, it's all the illegals fault.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   
What conclusion?

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Pointing out "Class Inequality" is wasting your time.

Could very well be, but not everyone who chooses to waste their time in this fashion does it because they are complaining.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   

I agree with you, I'm not complaining when I point out inequality and the sheer backwards way this planet is ran.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

I actually meant to say "complaining about it in a personal way".

You don't have to be a victim of police brutality to speak out against it but as soon as someone points out class inequality someone assumes that the person is complaining about their lot in life, usually followed by condescending advice, "Son what you need to do is...".

edit on 9-10-2014 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   

And that I'm not doing either. I see the bull around us and choose to call it out. I'm not made of money but I'm not poor. We're all the same in the end and what happens to a fellow human affects me regardless of how many degrees of separation there are between the situation and I.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: MarlinGrace

As I already said. I have the life I want. I'm happy and things get better every day. Sorry for wanting other people who aren't born with my privileges to enjoy the same. I guess I'm just selfish?

All discussion on the internet is a waste of time if you view the world through the scope of productivity as worth, which you must do by the nature of your arguments. So how is me arguing against massive income inequality any more pointless than whining about illegal immigrants? I guess because the illegal immigration is personally affecting you and yours? But I'm the selfish one?

Me wanting freedom and happiness for others that I currently enjoy is pointless right? Class inequality is not a necessity. It's a construction of civilization of which America is the most extreme example yet.

Oddly enough a new study shows that if you strip away the brainwashing pretty much everyone wants less income inequality including Republicans. I look forward to your very interesting analysis of the article.

m.theatlantic.com...

You've been indoctrinated. I was too. I wish you the best of luck in opening your heart and mind to the truth of empathy and love. Until then, keep on hating those Mexicans. Hatred conquers all. That's the saying right?

edit on 10-10-2014 by tavi45 because: auto correct mistake

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: bhliberal

Over two hundred languages are spoken here in the US. What chaos there would be if we all spoke different languages all the time. English is the one language that unites us. To cater to one foreign language so much that we are required to speak THEIR language in our own Country to get a job isn't fair or right. That is just my opinion and you are welcome to your own.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   

the conclusion/opinion you posted.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I thought maybe you meant something in particular but I guess it applies to everything. Ok.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

neocons seem to be mostly war-hawks.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Over two hundred languages are spoken here in the US

Isn't that the best? The diversity, the exchange of ideas, the promise of the cultural melting pot that is the United States fulfills itself with all the varied languages spoken with freedoms granted under the First Amendment of the United States Constitution.

What chaos there would be if we all spoke different languages all the time.

Why? The problem is, that most native born Americans don't bother learning another language (not to mention learning proper English) there are many countries that are routinely multilingual, where the residents speak three, four, or even five different languages as a matter of course.

Isn't that a benefit to the nation as a whole? The business opportunities offered, the cultural exchange that can take place.

English is the one language that unites us.

It doesn't has to be the only one, I personally think that this culture could use more multilingual speakers. My boss is from India, he speaks 4 languages fluently. I personally used to be able to speak Russian and Armenian conversationally, but lost the ability because I wasn't around native speakers for so long. Multilingualism is a boon for business and trade. And the fact that so few people in this country aren't multilingual is hurting us economically.

To cater to one foreign language so much that we are required to speak THEIR language in our own Country to get a job isn't fair or right.

Actually it's quite fair, and it's on'y wrong that people don't embrace the economic opportunities that present themselves. How valuable to a company is a bilingual employee? How much more valuable is an employee that is multilingual? Free market economics dictates that if the workforce is multilingual, than the people that are the best fit to run those enterprises themselves must be multilingual to meet the demand of the workforce.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: bhliberal

Well said. Most of this kind of "this is America, speak English" boils down to the same issue. Most Americans are too selfish and lazy to accommodate to reality. They want reality and non Americans to conform to them.

The ideal world if you extrapolate from standard American ideals is one where the entire planet serves Americans as an underclass and every American is a king. Sorry we can't all be kings. In fact America is the most unequal country on planet earth. So I guess traditional American values are a failure. Let's change things until everyone is equal and then it won't matter.

Best way to keep people out of America is to make it so no one really wants to come because their home is fantastic. Let's not keep perpetuating this broken system. Let's make every nation a paradise.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join