It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Si se puede, si votamos! Yes, we can, if we vote!'

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daedalus
a reply to: haviahabia

sweet screamin' jesus, on a whole-wheat goddamn cracker....

LOL... Theres one to remember.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

No they're not advertisements for commercial reasons. NYC has a "if you see something say something" hotline (I think the rest of the country is part of it too) that citizens can call to report "suspicious activity". It's post-911 policies that caused it. The information is completely in Spanish. And just to clarify, in case anybody was wondering, the ads for migrants are not on Metrocards, they're on the small standalone billboards at several stations.

Regardless of who pays for it, the fact that they're in place with the current border situation speaks volumes.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
No they're not advertisements for commercial reasons. NYC has a "if you see something say something" hotline (I think the rest of the country is part of it too) that citizens can call to report "suspicious activity". It's post-911 policies that caused it. The information is completely in Spanish.

Maybe you should post a pic because according to the press release from MTA, the back of the cards are sold for ads.

And just to clarify, in case anybody was wondering, the ads for migrants are not on Metrocards, they're on the small standalone billboards at several stations.

More ad space. Got it.

Regardless of who pays for it, the fact that they're in place with the current border situation speaks volumes.

Maybe to you but the fact is that paid ad space is a private matter so it's hardly proof that "America's too accommodating".

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
Maybe to you but the fact is that paid ad space is a private matter so it's hardly proof that "America's too accommodating".

The United States was founded as an english-speaking country.

English is still (i believe) the most commonly spoken language in this country.

English is commonly accepted as the national language.

the fact that there is a large enough segment of the population that doesn't speak the national language, that companies feel they need to cater to them when buying ad space, is something of an indicator....

the fact that the government feels that people who don't speak the national language deserve more consideration (everything on the back of the metrocard being in anything other than the national language) than the rest of us, kinda DOES say "the U.S. is too accommodating"
edit on 10-8-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   

I don't speak Spanish, the top could be an ad, but the bottom is most certainly a if you see something, say something hotline.

America is far too accommodating.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

We all know that it doesn't take millions upon millions of illegals to pick crops.

Actually it does, all the way down the line. Packing houses for instance hire a lot of "migrant farm workers" to work that terrible job.

We all know that illegals are in many areas of the workforce including jobs like construction that used to pay well.

Ah, so it's the illegal's fault that companies no longer pay well? Or is it the companies that are cutting costs and are vying for the cheap way out instead of actually paying a living wage with home grown documented Americans?

They are here in such numbers that in some places WE are required to speak Spanish in order to get hired for a job.

Keep forgetting that America has no official language, and that the majority percentage of the workforce that speaks a language often by default dictates what language is generally spoken on a job site. That's freedom of speech baby!

Americans are going to have to face up to the facts that if they want these sweet sweet terrible horrible backbreaking jobs that the illegals are getting, that they are going to have to take one for the team and undercut illegals for pay voluntarily. It's probably going to be the only way because god forbid we actually regulate or go after businesses that hire illegals. So, I guess we are going to be forced to fight low ass pay with low ass pay.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus
You are entitled to your opinion. That is all it is though.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme
You are right it is part of the see something/say something campaign. It isn't a spanish only campaign. Who knows why they decided to issue english and spanish (maybe other) versions of these cards.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: bhliberal

Regulate business? What's that? I've never heard of such a thing. Businesses are compassionate and love America. It's those damn illegal immigrants, lazy blacks and needy gays that cause all our problems.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Honestly the first time I noticed it was in late August/early September. The back of the card had either English/Spanish text or all Spanish. The "billboard" style advertisements at various train stations started in mid September.

So I can't say for a fact that the ads are there simply because they bought the space because it's a high-traffic area with illegals using the trains (and I would imagine they'd spread the word). IMO, It all seems to coincide with the entire South American/southern border issue that's recently expanded.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

I wouldn't even call them ads because they are a public service message. They have English/Spanish versions but decided to design, have printed and roll out spanish only versions. It being done to coincide with the border issue "distraction" isn't being accommodating, that's instigation.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarlinGrace

a reply to: haviahabia

sweet screamin' jesus, on a whole-wheat goddamn cracker....

LOL... Theres one to remember.

That made me crack up! LOL I'll have to remember that one!

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: bhliberal

Packing houses for instance hire a lot of "migrant farm workers" to work that terrible job.

These illegals could get a temporary/seasonal work visa or whatever, they shouldn't be here illegally.

Ah, so it's the illegal's fault that companies no longer pay well?

Oh don't worry, I blame the greedy companies. No matter who they employ, they should pay a livable wage.

Keep forgetting that America has no official language, and that the majority percentage of the workforce that speaks a language often by default dictates what language is generally spoken on a job site. That's freedom of speech baby!

Until we had the onslaught of so many illegals, we never had to proclaim it officially, it was just understood. Many States DO have English as their official language and others are fighting for it. And if the majority of workers are speaking a foreign language instead of the language of the land, that is pretty sad. It is unacceptable to me that any citizen should be forced to speak a foreign language in his own Country when the job has nothing to do with international business or translations. Plus, I think I've been traumatized having worked with people for 8 years who mostly spoke Spanish all day. It drove me insane. LOL I felt like I left MY Country.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   

refute any of it.

if you can't, then it's something more than just opinion.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus
There is nothing to refute. A company based in the US is not "the US".

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

the word you're looking for is "new left",

which in itself is another word for "neoliberal".

Reagan, Bush I &2, Clinton, and Obama were all neoliberals/favored neoliberal policies.

Neoliberalism is globalism, it favors free trade, it favors privatization, it favors breaking/busting unions.

Neoliberalism is a cancer.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   

so what you're saying is that you CANNOT refute any of it....that's ok.

i didn't say anything untrue

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   

so what you're saying is that you CANNOT refute any of it....that's ok.

i didn't say anything untrue

Yes it's all true but also inconsequential, so it doesn't need to be refuted.

Simply put, none of that matters except as a matter of opinion.
edit on 8-10-2014 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: NonsensicalUserName

What's neoconservatism? Bible thumpers? Seems like anything with neo as a prefix sucks balls lol

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45
a reply to: MarlinGrace

Your math is really faulty. It's impossible to pay 3 decades with of debt in one year. You're right. Taxing the rich won't solve it because they've been sucking us dry for thirty years. It's probably too late now.

Your credibility is lacking now Travi, you provided the number and number was 2 Trillion. 2 - 17 is 15 Trillion. Even you can subtract that well. And the question remains now that we have confiscated all of the wealth of the rich and you still have 15 trillion in debt what is next?

When I was a kid in the 90s there was a building in NYC that showed the national debt on a ticker. At some point they removed it. They've been using politicians and the media to brainwash Americans into ignoring all the tax cuts to the rich.

Travi could you please take a look at the tax charts and show me where the cuts are I could sure use them.

This was called trickle down economics. Guess what? It never trickled down. Don't you remember during Mitt Romney's campaign where he was forced to admit it was crazy that he paid lower taxes than a blue collar worker?

People like Romney pay capital gains taxes on investments not payroll taxes. It's taxed at a lower rate, you can do the same thing investing your money as well. Buy a house pay capital gains on the profit when you sell it, invest in stocks it's the same rate. This isn't anything for the "Rich" only. They don't get anything special thats not open to you as well.

I live in a place where almost everyone is upper class or at least upper middle class. Let me tell you personally, they have no problems. Every day their houses get bigger. Every day they become more entitled than ever before. Every day I hear the rich spoiled kids spouting their parents' philosophies.

This is petty jealousy based on your failings, not their successes. You see our government has trained you to whine and complain that everyone has something you don't because of special this or that and they don't deserve it. It's the policies of the government that make you dependant and continue the division they want you to believe. This is a terrible mindset to keep yourself placed in. Ask yourself this Travi how come so many foreigners can come here and become rich with no money while you whine and complain about the the rich? Simple really, they are not stuck in the Travi mindset.

Do you know how many times a day I hear these kids and their parents complain about the blacks or the Mexicans ruining everything? About the fact that working class Americans are just lazy and stupid and deserve nothing? Every single day. Most of these people work in finance or for major corporations playing games with money. When their kids so poorly they blame teachers even though the kids don't study.

One kid I grew up with spent age 14-18 doing nothing but smoking pot and failing school. After he graduated high school (rich towns let everyone graduate because they want good stats) his dad sent him to a $50000 a year private college for # ups. The last time I saw him he was an executive at NBC. I'm sure the do nothing pothead deserved it right?

You people are so utterly brainwashed by the media and politicians it's unbelievable. They've been fleecing the middle class for years. I literally watch them do it all the time. If you could live in my town and see the bull that goes on you'd rise up. You never will though because they keep you in debt slavery while they build up their ivory towers.

You are spewing that same mindset Travi, poor me, they don't deserve it, they have money, they are screwing me, bla bla bla. What are you going to do whine some more, or figure out a way to make your way in life and have the life you want. Maybe you want the whiners life I don't know, but it's out there if you want it.

Keep buying Reagan's tagline. One of these days it'll trickle down right? Nope, they hold onto every penny, paying their employees chump change and then treating then like # for working hard.

I see the tears running down you face now Travi, I lived worked and owned a business through the Reagan administration it was the best time for work and business. It hasn't been that good since. I threw a toolbox in the back of a truck and went out looking for work and never looked back. Never whining about what everyone else had. This is what the illegals know, it's even open to them I have seen them do it as well.

Keep blaming your opposing political party. Keep blaming immigrants. Keep blaming Obama. Keep blaming gays and blacks. Keep blaming everyone except the one group actually at fault. It's exactly what they want. Trust me, they laugh at you everyday.

One thing you will notice in life Travi the rich don't blame anyone and make excuses for their failings they figure out a way to make. There is no one laughing at me Travi, it is you they find funny, you make it very easy to be taken advantage of. You keep thinking it's everyone else's fault you don't have the life you want, keep whining about the things in life that aren't fair, keeping arguing about what everyone else has, you decide on what everyone deserves or doesn't deserve and the rich will get richer with or without your help. I already have the life I wanted, no complaints just earned it.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join