It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Si se puede, si votamos! Yes, we can, if we vote!'

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
That's the other thing. Why should people be required to speak another language in their own country? America's too accommodating.

A private company chooses to be accommodating to please its customer base. It can establish any requirement it wants to hire someone.

A private company is not america.

A factory worker does not deal with the customer base. The places I saw that required Spanish were factories. And as one employer said, they required it because most of their employees spoke Spanish. Meaning that if they had legal people working there, there wouldn't be a need. Legal immigrants learn and speak English.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   

a reply to: Night Star

That's the other thing. Why should people be required to speak another language in their own country? America's too accommodating. Of course there's plenty of people who do learn the language but it's pathetic many jobs require Spanish or Chinese.

I wouldn't dream of moving to a different Country and expect them to speak MY language to get a job in their own Country. That is just so disrespectful. Legal immigrants come here and learn and speak English. It is the one language that unites us all. After years of illegal immigration we had to start pressing one for important phone calls. We had to learn Spanish in order to get hired for a simple job in some areas.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

A factory worker does not deal with the customer base.

Doesn't matter it's the prerogative of the company as a private entity.

Meaning that if they had legal people working there, there wouldn't be a need. Legal immigrants learn and speak English.

That is just an assumption on your part.
edit on 7-10-2014 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: MarlinGrace

Your math is really faulty. It's impossible to pay 3 decades with of debt in one year. You're right. Taxing the rich won't solve it because they've been sucking us dry for thirty years. It's probably too late now.

When I was a kid in the 90s there was a building in NYC that showed the national debt on a ticker. At some point they removed it. They've been using politicians and the media to brainwash Americans into ignoring all the tax cuts to the rich.

This was called trickle down economics. Guess what? It never trickled down. Don't you remember during Mitt Romney's campaign where he was forced to admit it was crazy that he paid lower taxes than a blue collar worker?

I live in a place where almost everyone is upper class or at least upper middle class. Let me tell you personally, they have no problems. Every day their houses get bigger. Every day they become more entitled than ever before. Every day I hear the rich spoiled kids spouting their parents' philosophies.

Do you know how many times a day I hear these kids and their parents complain about the blacks or the Mexicans ruining everything? About the fact that working class Americans are just lazy and stupid and deserve nothing? Every single day. Most of these people work in finance or for major corporations playing games with money. When their kids so poorly they blame teachers even though the kids don't study.

One kid I grew up with spent age 14-18 doing nothing but smoking pot and failing school. After he graduated high school (rich towns let everyone graduate because they want good stats) his dad sent him to a $50000 a year private college for # ups. The last time I saw him he was an executive at NBC. I'm sure the do nothing pothead deserved it right?

You people are so utterly brainwashed by the media and politicians it's unbelievable. They've been fleecing the middle class for years. I literally watch them do it all the time. If you could live in my town and see the bull that goes on you'd rise up. You never will though because they keep you in debt slavery while they build up their ivory towers.

Keep buying Reagan's tagline. One of these days it'll trickle down right? Nope, they hold onto every penny, paying their employees chump change and then treating then like # for working hard.

Keep blaming your opposing political party. Keep blaming immigrants. Keep blaming Obama. Keep blaming gays and blacks. Keep blaming everyone except the one group actually at fault. It's exactly what they want. Trust me, they laugh at you everyday.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

A private company doing that isn't a problem. But it's not one, it's thousands of companies. Not only companies but public utilities, public services.

For instance, my Metrocard was bought in NYC. The front says Metrocard. The back....is all in Spanish.

Yes I know, the horror, the horror! Another language, insinuations of a large presence of another culture.

No it's not that. It's the fact that it's a "if you see something, say something" kind of message on the back, in Spanish. Emergency notification, that is the purpose of calling that number. Why is it in Spanish? Bilingual? Trilingual? I'll accept it.

Or the fact that train stations have advertisements all in Spanish targeted towards migrants.

Migrants.

So my point is, we have a country of people who are being undermined in economics, politics, and even social areas.

America was once a mixing pot where a person came here to work to earn their keep. Now they come here and have it handed to them.

Americans with disabilities, physical and mental have to go through flaming hoops to prove their state just to receive one benefit check.

But someone who comes here, in perfect health? They're treated like royalty.

Entitlement, irresponsibility, a total lack of self-accountability. If you fit these criteria, money, food, education, healthcare and a place to live are awaiting your arrival in America.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   

A private company doing that isn't a problem. But it's not one, it's thousands of companies.

They all have the right.

Not only companies but public utilities, public services.

For instance, my Metrocard was bought in NYC. The front says Metrocard. The back....is all in Spanish.

Yes I know, the horror, the horror! Another language, insinuations of a large presence of another culture.

No it's not that. It's the fact that it's a "if you see something, say something" kind of message on the back, in Spanish. Emergency notification, that is the purpose of calling that number. Why is it in Spanish? Bilingual? Trilingual? I'll accept it.

According to this it's paid for ads.

The MTA has used advertising on the rear face of MetroCards since 1995 and began selling space on the card’s front face in 2012.

But someone who comes here, in perfect health? They're treated like royalty.

Entitlement, irresponsibility, a total lack of self-accountability. If you fit these criteria, money, food, education, healthcare and a place to live are awaiting your arrival in America.

No they are not, they have to go out of their way to work the system.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   
The main problem I have with illegal immigration ( This includes any one who over stays their visas) is how big of a scam it has become. I don't care what country you are from or what race you are, we have laws for a reason.

For example: John and Jane Smith. Legal Citizens. Works a full time jobs for $9.00 hour/8 hours a day/ 5 days a week each. Yearly gross income, before taxes, is: $34,560. The Smith's has to pay medicare, social security, federal taxes, state taxes, property taxes and income taxes. After all the taxes they still has to pay rent water, electricity, phone, car, car insurance, food, homeowners/renters insurance, child care and now medical insurance. They make too much money to qualify for any subsidies on heath care or any other discounts on bills.

Sara and Sal Jones. Here illegally. Both work full time job under the table for $8.00/8 hours a day/ 5 days a week. Sara and Sal pay $0.00 in taxes. Sara is pregnant and has 2 children from previous relationships. They also get TANF, food stamps, housing aid, free phone, reduced/free rent, water, electricity and free/reduced lunch for school aged kids, because, legally, they have no income. And because they work under the table they get to keep all of the money they make. Yearly income: $30,720. Sara also gets child support from the 2 other children's fathers, $500 from ea, totaling an extra $1,000 a month in income. yearly income now: $42,720 Tax. Free.

However, for all these social programs/benefits the Jones get, it's legal hard working tax payers, like the Smiths, who are paying for it. Doesn't seem fair to me.

But wait there's more! Because the Jones are here illegally they are not protected very well from abuse. They can be abused by their employers and their is little, if any, help they can get. They are afraid to report working conditions because they don't speak English well and/or for fear of being deported. Think back to the many cases in the news about illegal immigrants being raped, trafficked, beaten, forced to work as slaves. This is all because these employers claim they can't find legal Americans to do these jobs. This is BS. I have worked construction and worked as a maid. I can tell you my former employer, when I was a maid, prefer hiring illegals because he could "get away with paying them well below min wage and make them work long hours with no overtime, health care, sick time, etc." If they complained he threatened to report them to immigration. From a business perspective I can see why this would be a profitable strategy. You cut your base costs so your profit is larger. From a human point of view I am appalled. This is nothing short slavery. The government enables these people to come here by these programs. Politicians get more votes for being in favor of it. The businesses gets a fine and a firm don't do it again. This is a slap in the face to any one who has gone through all the bureaucratic tape to get here legally. Do I think the citizen process needs to be change/updated?? YES. Do I think MY tax dollars need to go to people here illegally?? NO. Do I think these programs, like WIC, need reformed to prevent abuse?? YES. Do I think Amnesty is going to fix it?? NO. It didn't work the first two times what makes people think it's going to work a third.

Here's one opinion piece on the subject:
Commentary: Slavery alive and well in America

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: blackcatmagic

Mrs.. ????
, you forgot the fact the PTB are 1984ing the conversation
(1984- editing the truth)

They are not illegal aliens

They are attempting to frame the conversation and control the outcome of the discussion

They are undocumented Americans

Also.. YEs I am completely okay with the illegal aliens.. I need soldiers in the future for my army

send the parents back keep the kids
edit on Wed, 08 Oct 2014 01:22:46 -050022p2014-10-08T01:22:46-05:0020141031Wed, 08 Oct 2014 01:22:46 -05002014Wednesday by ripcontrol because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: blackcatmagic

Nice Job explaining the problem. Unfortunately they don't want to get it.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 01:31 AM
link   

They aren't going to change things. Why would they? This is a perfect way to control large groups of people while taking the rights of others under the guise of helping the poor refugees fleeing their big bad corrupt government. Any one who disagrees gets branded a racist no matter how logical their argument is. There is a huge problem with entitlement in this country. Way too many have their hands out for (insert excuse here). People don't realize they are willingly putting on the chains of slavery just so they can get the new Iphone from the government. This makes it really hard for the people who really need the help to actually get it.

(post by haviahabia removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   

I've admitted time and time again it's a problem. It's just so minor compared to the real problems in America. Illegal aliens are a drop in the bucket for causing issues of budget shortfalls and skyrocketing national debt.

You guys also ignore the part where we've been meddling in Latin America ever since we publicly declared its our turf with the Monroe Doctrine.

If it's our turf and we've been treating them poorly for time immemorial how can you say it's not our problem?

California and Texas and most of the Southwest was one part of Mexico. We won it through war and never looked back. Ever since then we've peddled our guns there and allowed the drug trade to continue unabated while the Americans who use pay the price. I've already reminded you of the many things we've let out corporations, wealthy citizens, and government do in South America.

We did the same with the native Americans and we won't even admit to it.They are the most oppressed of our minorities and we won't even admit it. You should check out the daily show on the Washington Redskins. The cognitive dissonance is appalling and obvious.

The point is that your self centered egotistical attitudes which ignore history are not helping. If every illegal immigrant disappeared out economy would take a huge hit and we'd still be broke because all the money has been going to global mega corporations which profit off the labor and infrastructure provided by the American middle classes' tax money while contributing nothing back.

Did you guys forget the absolutely staggering bailouts for banks and other corporations? I bet that money would be nice now.

But yeah illegal immigrants are clearly the #1 cause of problems in America and it's completely Obama fault. Thanks for the info.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: blackcatmagic

They aren't going to change things. Why would they? This is a perfect way to control large groups of people while taking the rights of others under the guise of helping the poor refugees fleeing their big bad corrupt government. Any one who disagrees gets branded a racist no matter how logical their argument is. There is a huge problem with entitlement in this country. Way too many have their hands out for (insert excuse here). People don't realize they are willingly putting on the chains of slavery just so they can get the new Iphone from the government. This makes it really hard for the people who really need the help to actually get it.

There shouldn't be anything like "help" here in America, the founding father didn't write about it so it is wrong. IF you ain't working it's that you are lazy and you should starve until you are forced to work for yourself, no excuses.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: haviahabia

It's not liberals. Liberals and conservatives work for the same system. They perform a public show to divide and conquer.

But anyway it's just ridiculous seeing a government promote something that's illegal based on its own "rules". Makes no sense and distorts the public's views on legal immigrants.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Lol I've literally worked construction with Latin Americans. They work way way way harder than anyone.

I'm not surprised that many blacks don't wanna engage in our nation. Look how we've treated them. Many blacks if not all work hard too.

Thanks for your bigoted unsupported ideology. It's very helpful to the conversation.

What's your plan? Exterminate all the brown people so white Americans can pick vegetables for pennies or mow lawns?

You're very thoughtful and intelligent Marlin Grace but this guy is who's on your side. Hope you're down with that

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   

I respectfully disagree. There are times when some people are going to need some short term aid. BUT when it comes to those people needing that aid, this is where all the religious and independent organizations should step in. Not the U.S. government. No tax payer should be forced to help another citizen if they don't want to.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 02:17 AM
link   

I am not sure why you are writing in Mexican but this is America and you should respect our laws and language.

I not sure where you get the idea I'm writing in Mexican.
If your talking about the title of the thread, that is the title to the article the thread is linked to.
If I'm going to use a specific article, I must use the Title to that article.

You haven't posted many threads have you?
That's OK, no hard feeling, mistakes get made.

Put if you actually think I've posted in Mexican please attach a link.

Now I can post an entire article in mandarin Chinese, That is My Primary or should I say, First Language.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   

sweet screamin' jesus, on a whole-wheat goddamn cracker....

you talk about ignorant blacks, and mexicans, and women, and then you post this drivel, full of ignorant, bigoted remarks, awful spelling, and made up words....

holy s**t, if you're a "real american", i'm starting to think i want nothing more to do with this country.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join