It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we use current doom and gloom fears to admit we need REAL change?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
This has been a great year for conspiracies. Many of them, if not all, may be shown to be completely ridiculous to believe in on our past. There are threads today about Ebola being beatable and, you know what, it probably is and we'll probably be fine.

Can we use this opportunity to all stand up and say we've had enough of the huge obvious rampant corruption in government? Things have never been this bad. We need to stop partisan bickering and start facing reality. Both Republicans and Democrats in our government are guilty of worrying too much about their selfish popularity contests and not enough about getting things done.

www.nbcnews.com...

Congress is on track to pass the least bills in American history and looking at the stats you can see the trend. Congress passed 300-700 bills or so every term but this last term they've passed less than 200.

More importantly we debate endlessly (again guilt on both sides of party lines) over very very simplistic issues for years while the real important issues are decided for us. America is founded on personal responsibility and personal freedoms yet both sides argue for greater social control while they have no debate at all on things line starting YET another war in the middle East with no debate at all.

The British are arguing this in their Parliament after being called back into session to do that while the american congress can't be bothered to debate it. Both sides are too worried about how it will affect their precious elections and plus it would be rude to cut short their vacations.

It's time we started respecting each other more and focusing on the acceleration of American government into Nazi style fascism (fascism is big government with corporatism, the equally wrong polar opposite to Communism).

Things have gotten so bad it's unbelievable. Corporations control our government and are robbing us blind. In the 60's CEOs made 30 times as much as workers but now make 300 times as much as workers. The real powerful message of this study though is not how bad we're being ripped off but that both political parties agree we are. Every nation polled including America thinks the ideal is CEOs bring paid 6 or 7 times as much as workers. This crosses party lines entirely too.

www.slate.com...

Please stop playing their partisan games. America has fought against robber barons for its whole history but now we've let them have the run of the nation. No one is saying end capitalism, just crony capitalism. Don't let them rob you and your children while you argue about hot button issues the robber barons want you distracted by. Start breaking free of the lies and see the nonsense that both parties participate in for what it is.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I certainly appreciate the sentiments expressed in your post...

But, it ain't ever gonna happen. Egos, power, money...these are the driving forces in politics and government these days.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Jansy

It's it doesn't happen it's because the American people rolled over and took it. Every generation has fought to make America. It's our turn. There's politicians and NGOs trying to stop it. Stop letting corporations rape Lady Liberty by saying your voice. Start participating in our democracy and not just by voting but by ascending past partisan politics.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Real change will never happen. The only reason people are "becoming aware" of the problems in existence is because TPTB are manufacturing a rebellion. They're instilling hatred, mistrust, angst towards the current system. So it collapses and they introduce the solution.

Real change is a pipe dream, billions of people collectively working probably wouldn't be able to stop them. As much as I think divide and conquer is the greatest tactic ever, even if people united what's stopping them from just wiping us all out?

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

What's stopping them? The fact that we do their work for them? The fact that if they were that heavy handed other nations would notice and step in? I started off pretty defeatist on here but I'm realizing that the feeling of hopelessness is their power. They've convinced us it's inevitable that they win just like they convinced us on the micro issues like poverty and health care and racial issues. All we have to do is stop blaming other groups of the common man for our problems and start blaming the fascist corporate overlords. If I robbed your family blind and bragged about it on national TV you'd probably make it your life's mission to destroy me. Stop with the defeatist attitudes. That's why they're winning.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

Realistic not defeatist. No matter what you do they're still in control. My mind is my only sanctuary from them. Same with everybody else.

Rebellion is not internet petitions. "occupying wall street". Wearing Guy Fawkes masks. It's all manufactured.

As Rage Against the Machine (gigantic tools too) said "Got you thinking that buying is rebelling"

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

So you're saying it's inevitable so you have to retreat into your mind to avoid it? That's the definiton of defeatist.

Do you know anything about our history? We were founded on rebellion and it's anyways been a facet of our nation improving itself.

I guess you should tell Hong Kong to give in to government control. It's a sad sad day when the Chinese care more about freedom then Americans.

If Occupy Wall Street is manufactured why do they keep shutting them down with violence from police? Are you aware that Occupy has been helping students become free from student debt through their actions?

What's manufactured is the idea that we are powerless. Stop being an ostrich and start being an American. The founding fathers are roiling in their graves. I don't think they imagined in their worst nightmares Americans would ever be this apathetic.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

To be honest, given my posts on here I don't think assuming I'm an apathetic ostrich is the best route.

Seriously, calm down. I don't retreat into my mind, it's my place that's free from the system's insanity. Other people have their bedrooms, a path to walk on, etc, etc.

I'm aware of all the things you pointed out. Much more aware than you think. Stop assuming I'm blind or defeatist because I disagree with you.

new topics

top topics

join