It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IS IT BETTER TO QUARANTINE ill or the unill?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: WhiteAlice

originally posted by: Ophiuchus 13

So barricades are set a few miles outside the safe zones and health check points required before entry. After entry 21 days on the outside of main or core of safe zones. After 21 days permitted into primary zones still to be checked again and provided sleep/home quarters based on individual or family sizes. So all not congregated in one area.

This would provide 21 day incubation period as well as time for it to be detected with those in the outter rings of the core safe zone locations. Which should prevent infection spread, unless penetrated by ticks mosquitoes or some other bio fluid transmitting creature... But I get your points WhiteAlice.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

So barricades are set a few miles outside the safe zones and health check points required before entry. After entry 21 days on the outside of main or core of safe zones. After 21 days permitted into primary zones still to be checked again and provided sleep/home quarters based on individual or family sizes. So all not congregated in one area.

This would provide 21 day incubation period as well as time for it to be detected with those in the outter rings of the core safe zone locations. Which should prevent infection spread, unless penetrated by ticks mosquitoes or some other bio fluid transmitting creature... But I get your points WhiteAlice.

The only known reservoir for this brand of Ebola, I believe, is fruit bats. It's why the disease has been having a field day in West Africa where they will eat fruit bat as a part of their diets. If there were an additional reservoir of the disease or another vector (like the tsetse fly and african sleeping sickness or malaria and mosquitoes), then it would actually be far worse.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Appreciates you adding that info on the bats.

Was not sure about any other reservoir potentials, thank GOD it appears as of now there are none.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Appreciates you adding that info on the bats.

Was not sure about any other reservoir potentials, thank GOD it appears as of now there are none.

That there could be an additional reservoir is up in the air as the Ebola virus has only been known about for a few decades. So far though, it looks like there isn't another reservoir which, I totally agree--thank god for that!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join