It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else notice anything weird about the locations of the USA ebola patients?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
a reply to: Petros312

This is ATS, a conspiracy site where conspiracies of all types are considered. Conspiracies by their very nature are clandestine and secret. We work with the evidence available.

And apparently, some people believe sheer speculation is supported by news articles that also rely on sheer specualtion in their content, like this: www.cnn.com... ?iid=article_sidebar

Personally, I don't find it constructive to encourage hysteria by engaging in confirmation bias (i.e., in this case associating cities with international airports as evidence that can only mean an intentional effort to spread Ebola in the USA) or in believing what is sheer speculation (i.e., Ebola may someday be an airborne virus) , whether you're discussing conspiracy theories or any topic.

Case in point:

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein
a reply to: WhiteAlice

You don't need to do all of that stuff you listed to infect millions....All it would take essentially is going to walmart to buy a bottle of water because you are not feeling well, or medicine/etc...Spending cash at the register and you have successfully infected potentially thousands if not millions...That cash sits on other cash and is transferred with cash...The people touching this and then other people and so on....Again, this is entirely speculation as stated in the OP but you left out many locations that have Ebola patients there...Why?

The quote above clearly indicates that the person does not understand what it means that Ebola is a disease only transferred from body fluid to body fluid contact. With no critical thinking a person would begin to believe that by touching a paper bill handled by someone who had Ebola you put yourself at risk for being infected. That's the kind of half-truth that will lead to mass hysteria.
edit on 3-10-2014 by Petros312 because: formatting

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This means nothing to you, right? Mass hysteria? This is me throwing an opinion out to ATS about what I see here....MSM is not reporting on this topic...I am NOT encouraging anything...I am trying to open the eyes of the people who aren't seeing what can possibly be happening right in front of them...

Again, go away please! You are a government agent or someone trying to defend the opposition of what we are all discussing here and everyone can see it....You have been found out and I am not allowing you to derail this thread, I will reply back personally to every stupid reply of yours so this doesn't go your way!

edit on 10/3/2014 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Chrisfishenstein

you can add Toronto to that list now aswell

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
This too I'm gathering:

Possi ble Patient Arrival

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
This too I'm gathering:

Where is Kennestone? It says the Georgia department of health...Yeah, nevermind it is in Georgia....Add another one there!

www.wellstar.org...

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Petros312

originally posted by: olaru12

This is ATS, a conspiracy site where conspiracies of all types are considered. Conspiracies by their very nature are clandestine and secret. We work with the evidence available.

And apparently, some people believe sheer speculation is supported by news articles that also rely on sheer specualtion in their content, like this: www.cnn.com... ?iid=article_sidebar

Personally, I don't find it constructive to encourage hysteria by engaging in confirmation bias (i.e., in this case associating cities with international airports as evidence that can only mean an intentional effort to spread Ebola in the USA) or in believing what is sheer speculation (i.e., Ebola may someday be an airborne virus) , whether you're discussing conspiracy theories or any topic.

And apparently some people don't realize that speculation is the stock and trade of ATS used to sell advertising and gain a market share in a very competitive www. platform. It's an entertainment site and if you take it seriously... that's your problem.

Being a new guy involved in debunking only adds to the conspiracy and fuels the flames of speculation.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This means nothing to you, right? Mass hysteria? This is me throwing an opinion out to ATS about what I see here....MSM is not reporting on this topic...I am NOT encouraging anything...I am trying to open the eyes of the people who aren't seeing what can possibly be happening right in front of them...

Again, go away please! You are a government agent or someone trying to defend the opposition of what we are all discussing here and everyone can see it....You have been found out and I am not allowing you to derail this thread, I will reply back personally to every stupid reply of yours so this doesn't go your way!

Then you admit that you a) are contributing to irrational arguments that encourage public panic, and b) refuse to have a rational argument with someone who presents a different perspective on an issue, i.e., just tell the person to go away? This forum is about discussing these matters with careful reasoning, and that's what I'm doing. You're not doing much more than being rude to me at this point.

But I admit this thread has lost my interest. I need to get back to my job as a "government agent" now.

edit on 3-10-2014 by Petros312 because: Closure

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I'm a new guy too, but debunking and calling out members isn't really the best way to discuss these issues.

The Ebola situation stinks, people have different viewpoints.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Not really. They aren't confirmed cases (Hawaii and Kentucky both dismissed) and they are larger cities in those states. There is someone being isolated in Virginia/Washington D.C. area too.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

You are not discussing...You are trying to debunk something that was very clearly advertised as speculation from the get go! You are new so I am trying to be nice, but you can't tell someone their facts aren't correct when I clearly state this in my OP. I am opening eyes, not proving anything, no proof just what I see....Other than you, everyone else sees it also. So that leaves me to ask you to leave because it is annoying defending my thoughts when you are stating things that are obviously false compared to what I am saying here. Go back and read what I say and you may understand, probably not but it will help you...

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   

I'm a new guy too, but debunking and calling out members isn't really the best way to discuss these issues.

The Ebola situation stinks, people have different viewpoints.

Calling out? I DISAGREED with the notion that there's an intentional ploy. I stated why I disagreed, and I explained that such speculation will contribute to mass hysteria. Is that too bold for this forum? Let me know now if I'm not allowed to defend an opposing point of view compared to the OP.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

You can disagree with whatever you would like! You can't tell people they are invoking mass hysteria/stating facts wrong/or anything along those lines when that is not what is happening. This OP is MY OPINION as stated in the original posting....I clearly state there are no facts to this and this is what I noticed....You can't tell someone this is false when I don't claim any facts!! You will learn, if you haven't already....You can post your opinion but you can't call someone out on speculation, that is my opinion and whether you believe it or not is your opinion...But I posted a lot of links to show why I am saying what I am saying, you are just typing words and telling me I am wrong....That doesn't count as debunking, that counts as calling me out and I came to play ball...

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

...You are trying to debunk something that was very clearly advertised as speculation from the get go! You are new so I am trying to be nice, but you can't tell someone their facts aren't correct when I clearly state this in my OP.

No, actually you're being quite rude. I disagreed with your premise and you told me I was a government agent and that I should get lost.

If there's one word I hate in the English lexicon it's the word "debunk."

...and FACTS that you stated are also not correct? You admitted that your facts are not correct while you are "opening people's eyes" with these facts?

It's really nothing personal. Your defensiveness is the result of cognitive dissonance. You must know on some level that your theory has holes in it. Sorry if that hurts. My intentions were stated, and it's too bad you can't address why you might be wrong.
edit on 3-10-2014 by Petros312 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

I'm using the locations that you listed most overtly in your OP and on your maps. Even the inclusion of other locations where individuals who were infected by the Ebola virus have been transported to over the last few months, there is still a significant distinction between a known transport of an infected patient and the unknown arrival of an individual who unknowingly or knowingly was infected with Ebola.

As far as infectious banknotes, not many people actually carry cash these days. However, the possibility of transmitting contagions via a bank note does still absolutely exist. Here's a nice paper on the subject of money and transmission of infectious disease:

www.aricjournal.com...

Now according to the above paper, the most frequently found infectious disease on the US dollar is actually MRSA. Why don't we have this massive MRSA epidemic then? Well, because it's not so simple as simply getting an infection from touching a tainted bank note. There's all sorts of other factors and if one has actually worked in a bank where all that money has been deposited, keeping the hands clean as money is dirty is a well known fact (used to work in a bank--cash is gross).

Now let's hypothesize that Duncan went to Walmart and bought some antacid with cash. He was a foreigner so hey, could've happened. Those dollars that Duncan handed over would not have an endless stream of virus on it. Viruses don't work that way. What viruses do is very specific in that they only become activated when in contact with a genetically amenable host. That's why they say that viruses are this weird sort of half-life. They seem dead until they come into contact with a cell that actually triggers them to do all that they do to reproduce. Stick a few viruses on any surface for a week even and check back on them a week later and you're going to find the same number of viruses (if they survived). Viruses are not like bacteria which are self-reproducing. Viruses need to basically hijack a host cell to trick it into reproducing itself.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

First thing you learn on ATS is everybody has an opinion which they're entitled to. The thing is decorum matters.

I disagree with plenty of things I see on here and many disagree with me. I admit it's hard sometimes to resist the temptation to bite back but it's worth it. TPTB want us to bite back----eachother, not them. Divide and conquer.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

I HAVE NO FACTS!!! AGAIN!!

I am not stating my facts are not correct! I don't have any other than links to news stories that lead me to what I noticed here!!

Okay, now I am done with you....Rude or not you are new and just don't understand the premise of threads/speculation/facts/opinions/and MUCH MUCH more....

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhiteAlice

As far as infectious banknotes, not many people actually carry cash these days. However, the possibility of transmitting contagions via a bank note does still absolutely exist.

Point taken, but this discussion is about Ebola. You might as well say you can become HIV positive from touching a dollar bill.

originally posted by: WhiteAlice

Now let's hypothesize that Duncan went to Walmart and bought some antacid with cash. He was a foreigner so hey, could've happened. Those dollars that Duncan handed over would not have an endless stream of virus on it. Viruses don't work that way. What viruses do is very specific in that they only become activated when in contact with a genetically amenable host. That's why they say that viruses are this weird sort of half-life. They seem dead until they come into contact with a cell that actually triggers them to do all that they do to reproduce. Stick a few viruses on any surface for a week even and check back on them a week later and you're going to find the same number of viruses (if they survived).

Glad you wrote "if they survived" after all that because that's the whole point. In the absence of a host a virus cannot survive. This, plus the fact that fluid to fluid contact does not mean you can touch an environmental surface and catch Ebola. You are supporting that there's still a slim chance of a widespread Ebola epidemic in the USA, whether intentional or not.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: skyblueworld
All this on top of having another outbreak right now in America, of an unknown respiratory virus which has already affected over 1000 children over several states.

Link

Scary stuff!

Id like to add that EV68 is kicking our butts right now in Nebraska. (The respiratory virus)

Didnt somebody post a thread not too long ago describing how ebola can attach itself to other viruses?

If thats the case then EV68 is going to be ebolas fastest mode of transmission. Especially when you consider that its attacking children and elderly more easily. If that gets into the schools or senior centers, its going to spread like wildfire.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Chickensalad

Foreign students going to college in America, colleges open, schools open, Halloween, Yom Kippur, Black Friday (great post made yesterday about Black Friday and Ebola, highly recommended).

This is the perfect time to spread a virus. Add major transit hubs, commerce, mailorder goods, unhygienic people, unclean surfaces, symptoms that mirror the flu, panic, mismanaged situation, refusing to stop flights from infected areas, stigma against medical personnel (I can guarantee many immigrants here wouldn't want to go to the doc if they got sick, and many Americans to boot)........

A mess. A total mess. Perfectly planned.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

This too I'm gathering:

Where is Kennestone? It says the Georgia department of health...Yeah, nevermind it is in Georgia....Add another one there!

www.wellstar.org...

Do you think this guy was lying just to freak the COs out?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join