It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How ISIS and Syria drove a stake through the Arab Spring

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
www.cbc.ca...

It's been a thousand years since the Arab Spring.

Whole generations separate the young men and women who peacefully clamoured for change in their countries, and the young men (mostly) and women who claim to have founded an entirely new one in the so-called Islamic State.

Continents stand between the countries the former had hoped for, and what the latter promises to deliver.

Watching, bewildered, is the rest of the Arab world.

This reporter echoes the frustration that the young arab spring protestors must feel with ISIS now taking up center stage in the ME.
She feels a great deal is lost through this extremist uprising......and I have to agree....
Is the Caliphate also being used to quash the yearnings for democracy and progress?
Perhaps we should ask the Saudis....
edit on 3-10-2014 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Sad for people who want real democracy (government by the people for all the people) on all sides.

I think Bashar al-Assad is probably a corrupt person who have his own interest that is not good for all who live in Syria. But I also think the Arab spring in Syria was influenced by NGO/CIA just like in Lybia where mercenaries where deployed.

Whatever happens the pipeline that the Sunni/Turkey/Saudi Arabia wants must never be allowed to be built.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
The global balance of power is not static.....Its now past time that those who hold the bulk of it relinquish some back to humanity......
These wars are just more of the control paradime

new topics

join