It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thank God for the Media! (Odd thing to say?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I've been rampantly posting this on all manner of threads, so I thought I might as well make it a topic, and see if you are as disgusted as I am.

We have complained about the media (well, I have at least) concerning how they have become an entertainment industry, while apparently foregoing journalistic ideals and standards. Clearly, all they've wanted is higher ratings, which serves to yield more bucks and celebrity.

EBOLA SITUATION: Right now, they are proving to be invaluable in keeping us informed about the current Ebola situation (is it a 'crisis' yet?) I'm thinking no, but if not today, then maybe in ten or twenty days, if not sooner. We will have to depend on my previously disdained newscasters and writers to let us know, because our government is either ashamed to tell us the truth; they don't know the truth; or they don't want us to know the truth.

Of the three options, which is worse? You tell me, because I'm sure I don't know.

SECRET SERVICE SITUATION: Well well. So our fabulous guards, the best in the world, the ones who require a 100% accuracy level, turn out to be..........not so much. The shortcomings are blatant.

If not for the media, what would we believe? We would believe:
1. Hernandez ran across the lawn being chased by SS.
2. He only made it right inside the front door, where he was tackled and subdued by SS.
3. He was unarmed.
4. None of the First Family was in the WH at the time.

They even showed a video of the President and both children getting on a helicopter on their way to Camp David! That was obviously a lie and old footage because we now know Sasha was in the apartment at the time Hernandez entered the WH!

I am thoroughly appalled. They have so much to conceal, because they are trying to save their asses! And jobs. And not be humiliated by being tagged "incompetent".

Wasn't it only a couple of years ago, when SS Agents were caught in South American, boozing and whooring (lol), and promises were made then, that disciplinary actions were being taken, and they were going to make some changes?

I'm very concerned about these lack of disclosures, and incompetencies from the government. So again, thank goodness for the media, without whom, we would apparently know nothing.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
let's just hope the NIH and the CDC are not as incompetent as the "keystone kop" secret service...the secret service make andy and barney of Mayberry, look like tough guys
edit on 3-10-2014 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

I think that ship's already sailed.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

They don't want us to know the truth...
Which is the worst because it means they're complicit in the lies & propaganda...

Also, watch Anchorman 2...
It's almost enlightening when it comes it what the media wants for us!

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Hazmat teams at the residence of "Louise". There to clean and remove contaminated items.

I can't help but think their very late (but finally!) arrival is due to pressure from the media.

ETA: Aha! Now that the cleaning is in progress, CNN folks have started on "but they said they would relocate them to more comfortable arrangements" and "but they need to be in a treatment center, so their vitals can be regularly checked".

You GO CNN! Love it. (They did indeed say those things at the outset of this.)
edit on 10/3/2014 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

It's dang impossible to manifest magic if there ain't a realm of possibility surrounding it?

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
S&F
I was just thinking the same thing. I have been disdainful of MSM in the past, which included their exploitation of everything from MH370 to sports scandals. But I've been impressed by CNN's hard questions and fearless way they are exposing the incompetence of the boys in Dallas and Dr. Freaky of the CDC. Social Media may be the only way that our voices can be heard, by Tweeting to Anderson C and others, and hopefully pointing them in the direction of ATS (though I honestly think this website isn't unknown to the msm).

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

It's just occurred to me...........
I offered options of

They are not being forthright because:

They don't want us to know the truth; they themselves don't know the truth, or they are embarrassed to tell us the truth for fear of being exposed as incompetent.

It's this: They don't know the truth and don't want us to know they don't know, else they be exposed as incompetent.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   

With Ebola, The CDC has probably limited/restricted the MSM on what they're "allowed" to say on air. The MSM also has a responsibility not to instill panic in the public.

Take MSM and other news sources with a grain of salt, freedom of the press isn't what it used to be...
edit on 3-10-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: eta

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Today a pretty important round of talks about TTIP was held in Washington.

More than 500 corporate advisors and lobbyists have direct access and influence to the negotiated contract drafts, while the public and their representatives are excluded.

German Tagesschau reported that not a single US based TV station was present today...

Just saying. Your media is bad. (Most of ours is bad too though!)
edit on 3-10-2014 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jennyfrenzy

With Ebola, The CDC has probably limited/restricted the MSM on what they're "allowed" to say on air. The MSM also has a responsibility not to instill panic in the public.

Take MSM and other news sources with a grain of salt, freedom of the press isn't what it used to be...

They also have a responsibility to not 'mislead', or lie to the public. Like most people, I don't deserve deception. I deserve the truth.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ColCurious

German Tagesschau reported that not a single US based TV station was present today...

But that's exactly what I'm saying. Apparently the media is doing their own leg-work and investigative reporting insofar as they can. Were they not, we wouldn't know Jack (as they say).

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

I wholeheartedly agree with you, they do have a responsibility not to lie to us. So does the CDC and they've misleading the American people with the we'll stop it here deception.

Thank goodness for ATS!

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Okay, I'm not going to keep pushing this, however, my above post at about 11:30 a.m. states the news commentators had begun begging the question "But why haven't they been moved? Initially, it was said they would be moved to a better location".

Then, at 4:30, they announced the family would be moved to a special location for monitoring and treatment.

Now, at 6 p.m. they have indeed been moved. After a week.

I don't think it's coincidence that they are responding to these news inquiries.

ALSO, a member of the NIH was talking to Jack Tapper, who wondered why they were instructing the people in the apartment complex in English and Spanish, while the majority of them speak African and/or Asian. He immediately said "oh, we are correcting that. We are sending some interpreters to speak with them", then "I've only known about this for a couple of minutes".

lol!

Yes! Since Jack Tapper on CNN just told you!

But truthfully my thoughts are we are going to be okay. Perhaps it has taken this Texas case for them to work through the kinks, and I think they will be more willing and available to provide appropriate assistance when the next case comes along.

I'm thinking the only thing that could really cause big problems, is if there were multiple cases reported in multiple states, simultaneously. That could lead to big, big problems, but I'm thinking it won't happen.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   

As much as I agree with you and as much as i disdain media and this administration I feel compelled to look at this situation from a National Security point of view.

Admitting the failures publicly creates a very real national security threat. You don't go on the news and talk about security flaws at the white house or the security flaw at the CDC where an armed security contractor was able to be in the same elevator as the President and some secret service agents.

The head of the Secret Service resigned, which seems goofy to me but that's another issue all together.

The alternative method of resolving this would be to create a several block cordon around the White House. The moment we do this is the moment terrorist win (whether they are international, local, or government officials).

new topics

top topics

join