It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chemtrail activist? why not educate yourself to be better prepared?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
If you are hell bent on believing in the chemtrail phenomenon, then why don't you take a class in meteorology? You can take a class at your local community college, or even online at one of many accredited institutions. After all, how can you engage in discussion without knowing the terminology and facts? You can learn all about clouds, wind patterns, how to interpret weather balloon data, and all sorts of other very useful information.

Being an activist puts you in a role of community leader. You will be holding up signs and marching to get more attention to your cause, so why not become a bit more informed on the subject?

Here, I have taken the first step for you. If more folks became educated on this, then the chemtrail activists might be able to articulate their concerns using the terminology of the trade.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Good idea, but I don't think too many will take advantage of it only because when they do it puts their whole belief system into question.

But this will be interesting to watch.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   

You know, some of them are just taking the easy route, they come in here and post about chemtrails, and in less than an hour members educate them in meteorology and other useful science, it's easy and cost no money

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

You know as well as anyone the ones here who don't buy into chemtrails cannot be trusted. I was suggesting that the believers took a little time and effort to become better versed in the subject they hold so dear. You cannot take a class in chemtrail theory, but you sure can get educated on atmospheric science. And since that goes hand in hand with chemtrails, it can only HELP.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye

You know, some of them are just taking the easy route, they come in here and post about chemtrails, and in less than an hour members educate them in meteorology and other useful science, it's easy and cost no money

They shouldn't blindly believe something they read on an internet forum, no matter if it is chemtrail conspiracy theorist or a chemtrail debunker. Ask questions, confirm answers, get educated, learn.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   

You know, its gotten to the point now that when I see a thread about chemtrails I don't even need to click on it to know who authored it.

I don't know what to believe regarding the chemtrail phenomenon, I really don't.

But you know what? I also don't give even a fraction of a crap what other people believe about them. My question is: why do YOU care so much what other (entirely separate entities) believe regarding chemtrails? I mean how does one person, even a million, believing in chemtrails effect your day to day life? Other than, of course, believing differently from you. Who cares if they are wrong or right, its just opinion! Why do you seem to desperately need to convince other people that chemtrails are not real?

I am honestly curious.

Kallisti

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

Probably because of all the people threatening to shoot down airliners because of the myth.

Also the demonstrated stupidity offends me.

And because as an aviation professional it insults me and tells me I am a criminal.

If you're REALLY not concerned why did you bother asking the question?

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

Bottom line.. I'm genuinely curious.. I sense a certain... tenderness... please, if I've offended you, forgive me... that was not my intent.

Kallisti

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   

I get that question about once a month. I enjoy the topic. I was in the USAF. I enjoy the sky. I enjoy taking pictures at sunset and having the clouds and contrails light up with amazing colors. I am saddened by the fact that some folks fear clouds out of ignorance. I try to present enough information to get them to not fear clouds. If you look around on the internet, this chemtrail thing has blossomed into a cult. And there are a few pied pipers taking advantage of these folks. Now it doesn't change my life one way or the other, but I do like the challenge of debate. And since I do have quite a bit of knowledge about this subject, having been involved in many discussions about it, I feel comfortable in those discussions.

And when nobody is taking, starting a thread usually fixes that.

Now, I have answered your question to the best of my ability. Please do me the favor of answering one for me. How does my posting in this forum affect you either positively, or negatively?

Thanks in advance.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat
I am honestly curious.

Kallisti

Perhaps honesty isn't your best quality.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Okay... I'll play.

Answer: it doesn't. As best as I recall, I never said it did!

ETA: I should clarify that your threads have not impacted me negatively, I have actually learned A LOT from you and your colleagues, so thank you for that.

Feel better now? Obviously the u2u you sent me didn't satiate your lust for me to reply to your thread. So I can only hope this direct reply will quench the burning loins of your need for attention. By the by, I really was simply curious but if you choose to interpret my innocent curiosity with some nefarious attempt to... I dunno... troll you, then I simply must apologize.

I hope you can forgive me, as I do not wish to be on your mind any longer but I am honored to have at least spent the weekend there.

Kallisti

edit on Cpm4Monday3320143931Mon, 06 Oct 2014 16:33:39 -05002014 by CagliostroTheGreat because: eta/cannot abide a typo

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

My ego has been sufficiently stroked. Thanks so much.

new topics

top topics

join