It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally a place I can actually post a topic on ATS!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Petros312
Not really. Sounds more like another victim of a self entitlement culture to me.
edit on 3-10-2014 by CraftBuilder because: I hit go to fast.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: CraftBuilder
Not really. Sounds more like another victim of a self entitlement culture to me.

You can't be serious. You're just saying this to get me to argue and keep posting, right?

Self-entitlement culture is relevant somehow to expecting to be able to post a new thread topic as a member on an Internet forum? -- You mean like it's something any hard working American knows can only be EARNED?!
edit on 3-10-2014 by Petros312 because: Clarification

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   

I'm not going to waist my energy on this. Good luck in life.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   

The typical alluding to a form of "paranoia" when someone who suspects that an authority is using principles of psychology to elicit behavior? Sorry but some of us have a degree in psychology, and we're not "paranoid" because of it, nor do we feel the need to wear tin foil hats.

The floor you may be aiming for may only be accessible from inside the elevator. The platform to speak to a foreign community.

Push the button that leads you to your destination? Plug in your mic so we can hear you.

Oh, so I'm a little slow...or not. But I'm with you.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I just realized too there's another element of behavioral modification designed into the forum to coax more usage (or perhaps encourage status seeking), and that's the stars, flags, and karma score that are a part of the pane to the left that displays a user's name.

20 posts. Now do I get my doggy treat?

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
In all the hub-bub about how many posts ....welcome to ATS! I think you'll like it here, as it seems you have a good mind and research skills (researching and commenting on the T&C's), and like to nudge others a bit to see if they'll topple over and then you can take their pizza.

Welcome!!

Important though, are you wearing a hat yet?

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Petros312
I just realized too there's another element of behavioral modification designed into the forum to coax more usage (or perhaps encourage status seeking), and that's the stars, flags, and karma score that are a part of the pane to the left that displays a user's name.

Mr. Pavlov, I believe your dog is ready.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   

No shoes on the sofa, let the Cat out before you turn in for the night, Pick up after yourself.

Plenty of beer & food in the frig make yourself at home.

Oh and here, this is for you...

You've earned it

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   

You have 20 posts!!!

Now you can go in the back room where the dancing starts.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   

You used big words.

I'm confused now.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

Oh and here, this is for you...

You've earned it

Thanks, but I need more than a virtual snack now.

And thank you to everyone who commented above (and below). To clarify, I really do not have a serious issue with the terms of service to stop my participation. I expect the language that appears there. I also don't take the maintenance and ownership of this website for granted as my entitlement, and I'm thanking the owners for putting it out there in cyperspace as another venue for social media. Moderators: Please be kind.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
...You used big words.
...I'm confused now.

Now I'm scared...
...I didn't see the big words

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   

We're really a uniquely cool group of extremely diverse people once you get to know us...

edit on 3-10-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS. Yes, ATS is a bit different.

Here the T&Cs aren't just a box you check to get in. They are actually enforced, simply because we have higher standards than, say YouTube's comments section. But don't be intimidated by the rules or by members. It all boils down to "be nice", treat others like you want to be treated and when you feel like participating in a discussion challenge readers with insight and awesomeness. You'll be fine. Thousands and thousands of members love ATS for what it is.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

I think that's the first intro I've ever read where OP gets so wound up. It's hilarious

Firstly welcome to ATS.

Secondly I'd really watch that temper if I were you, or you're going to get eaten alive in the boards, just some friendly advice fro a guy who's been knocking around here for nearly 10 years.

Hi
I'm Cody one of the avatar artists here on ATS, it is my sacred duty as the permanent member of the night shift to invite you come and ask the team for a nice free shiny new avatar. You can find us by clicking on my signature strip below this post where it says 'Avatar Creations'.

Just remember the golden rule on ATS

And try not to end up like this

Cody

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Two of our more esteemed and experienced staff members are currently analyzing your contributions to see if you're a good fit for the site.

Okay, you're good to go.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: cody599

I think that's the first intro I've ever read where OP gets so wound up. It's hilarious

Firstly welcome to ATS.

Secondly I'd really watch that temper if I were you, or you're going to get eaten alive in the boards, just some friendly advice fro a guy who's been knocking around here for nearly 10 years.

Cody

Point taken. Hilarious to you, but you have no clue what my experiences have been like on other Internet forums.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Honestly, trolls are outed in the time it takes to think of 20 BS replies just to reduce the quality of content for a laugh.

If you dont like it, dont post. If you do, do it. It can take less than 30 minutes or at most an hour if you really think things through.

If you plan on being here for a while 20 posts will be like taking a single breath to you. Look at people with tens of thousands of posts.

Welcome by the way...

So lurk and see what its all about. If you dont like it move on, if you do join the thriving community and adhere to its standards....

edit on 10 3 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Another_Nut
Dont forget there are other requirements to posting in certain forums

Wats of ten for the 911 forum

And I think 200 post (might be 50) for the posse forum

I made it..

so can u!

reply to: Petros312

Note it's a simple pattern: the more you use the website the more privilege (rewards) you get. Basic behavioral modification. I'm already beginning to feel like one of Skinner's pigeons.

no more like to keep people from joining only to messy the boards many of us hold very dear

like the 911 forum

and im glad it keeps some out.. like those who think they are entitled to post any nonsense simply because they want when 20 posts seems to be a hard to hit target for them

ill let that hang in the air...

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Welcome to the ATS family! Now you can make threads almost anywhere on the site.

See you around on the boards

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join