It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukushima and Chernobyl... Is the internet the difference in perception?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I think this is an honest question, especially among us that remember Chernobyl.

Chernobyl was before the age of global internet... the only news source most people relied on back then was main stream media (MSM) and believed mostly everything that was told to them.

Fukushima is the new age accident... where information flows some what freely ( compared to the time when Chernobyl occurred ).

Both were bad scenarios.... both sat above aquifers.... Chernobyl was a state response by the USSR to a bad situation and thousands of lives were lost in the effort to mitigate it and it was mostly successful (as far as we know to date).. Fukushima, on the other hand, was left to a private corporation to mitigate and the status basically remains unknown to this date

I think any reasonable person could conclude which of the two was better handled ( Given the situation in which they were placed ).

I honestly believe at this point that Fukushima has passed Chernobyl and will be remembered as the worst nuclear power plant accident in history... so far...as of 10/3/2014 ....everything could change tomorrow!
edit on R262014-10-03T09:26:35-05:00k2610Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
This post proves once and for all why you should never post while drinking. Typed pretty good but I don't even remember making it or why. Fun times indeed.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
We are lucky in my eyes as Fukushima could of been much much worse.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: MGaddafi

Not possible to arrive at that conclusion considering Fukushima is still an on-going event.

Wait til they remove the cover for #1... huge amounts of radiation will be released according to Tepco.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

Ah so my attempts at closure have failed. I haven't heard anything from mainstream news since months it seems.

new topics

top topics

join