It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So What Will You Take To Defend Against Ebola ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
On ATS there many threads on Ebola(Ebola Threads), but most are focusing on the outbreak here in North America and it's spread worldwide.
This thread is for people to share what they would take if an outbreak occurs in there proximity/city.
I haven't really decided myself. As no natural remedy has proven to defeat this yet, but basically we just are brainstorming with ideas at this point.

I will start....
I am thinking fresh organic garlic for one, I know this helped some of my ancestors with the Spanish Flu which was a really nasty disease that could kill even faster than Ebola in some cases.
edit on 3-10-2014 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

There is a similar thread here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Might be good to combine thoughts into that one. Thanks!

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
1)Not be a sheep and give into mass hysteria(like the ones sprouting around ATS).

2)Common sense(wash food, avoid crowded area, avoid street vendor etc)

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Every few months there's a new pandemic that threatens our existence.

What to take for Ebola? Don't take it seriously. I'm still waiting for the dog flu to make an appearance.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   

I am in agreement with taking a healthy dose of common sense and whatever is needed to keep my immune system in top shape.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: AnonymousCitizen

I appreciate that, but the forum for that is also about getting out of dodge so to speak too.

If you weren't able to travel, but you could take things to fight this what would you do.
Another thought some essential oils were used to fight the bubonic plague.

Immune Strength

Immune Strength contains oils considered anti-plague by the spice merchants living in England in the 16th century who used them to protect themselves from the plague as they looted the bodies of the sick and dying.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   

as I understand it a strong immune system makes for an even MORE unpleasant experience if you contract ebola, because the virus kicks an immune system into overdrive to the point where it begins destroying the host

Here is an NPR article that describes how ebola affects your immune system

www.npr.org...
edit on 3-10-2014 by FamCore because:

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I will take asafoetida.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: mikeone718

Just because every few months the panicy media decides to use some disease as their fear weapon of choice doesn't mean that disease doesn't have the potential to pop up and take off.

Even with all the technological advances in medicine the current state of travel is unlike ever before. The potential for a disease to spread is so unbelievably mind blowing to me. Every single continent could get infected 5 times over before anyone even knows they are sick.

All this said, today is no scarier then yesterday or ten years ago or tomorrow. Don't panic but it doesn't hurt to have some things on hand.

Be ready for a "bug in"

Non parishable food for a couple weeks at least.

Water

Portable stove or reliable way to cook and heat. A gas outage could be game over in a "bug in" situation

Electrical generator. Same as above. Loss of power could quickly turn into a sever severe situation.

Plastic wrap FOR THE INSIDE of windows. I say for the inside because it keeps your signature to a minimum. In a severe time like that you don't really want to broadcast "hey we are safe and prepared in here" you can get 100' x 10' for $40-$50

Duct tape by the miles. Gorilla tape is pretty amazing too but temp and moisture changes effect it pretty bad so wouldn't be good for sealing windows. A staple gun can help here too ensure the tape holds.

Spray and clean the surface with windex (even a wall) before you apply the tape. This will ensure a good contact. The windex is mostly alcohol that evaporates away quickly if any gets left behind.

Zyrtec is handy to have too. The fizzy drink or spray whatever. This is a zinc suspension. I think you can get zinc lotions too for you skin. The zinc is an antiviral.

If your having trouble making ends meet then I wouldn't get too worked up like Ebola is coming but it wouldn't hurt to start taking precautions when you get a chance.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I will take jolly ranchers from a distance.

I will just avoid it. Get the hell out of its way. If not, what ever a doctor tells me. When it comes to little things and vaccines and stuff, I just deal with it and make my immune response stronger for healing naturally. With something like this, what ever the doctor with a doctorate in medicine says.

MMM red.
edit on 10 3 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: mikeone718

Don't take it seriously

You know I wasn't worried at all about SARS,the swine flu, the bird flu which actually had a huge outbreak in my area, or any other recent scare. Ebola is different it has the potential to go epidemic if not pandemic, none of those previously mentioned diseases also had such a high death rate. And I agree as long as there is no outbreak in your geographic area no worries. But if you spend time out with the general public and there is an outbreak in your city, even a dozen people. Basic precautions will need to be taken, for example I wouldn't work with a sick co-worker. I would demand that that either they be sent home or I am leaving, health is more important than any job.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Interesting.
Thank you, this is exactly type of input I am looking for in this thread.

Idea's from ATS people.

As has been already mentioned immune boosting is not the answer, however shutting down the Cytokine storm that comes with Ebola is.
Cytokine Storm

What caught my attention was that antioxidants are much more effective in this case verses immune boasting agents, which can actually do more harm.

So it looks like Oregano Oil could be helpful.
edit on 3-10-2014 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Sovereign Silver. It destroys the virus's cell wall. The DoD says its the only thing tested that actually destroys the cell membrane. I suggest that you all get some now.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
A couple of Aspirin.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I picked asafoetida because I had some relatives that were spared from any effects during the 1918 Influenza Epidemic. The only thing that they took was asafoetida.
The wikipedia page lists it as having anti-viral properties.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Since there is nothing one can take...there is as yet nothing one CAN take!

I wouldnt be advising, implying there is to anyone...it gives...the impression we can fight it.

As yet...we cannot. And there will be some believing after reading...they should try these preventative measures. They should not.

MS,
EMT/ERT Advanced Disaster Life Support
edit on 07-31-2014 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I'm going to go stand in line for my Ebola vaccine!!! yay!! /sarcasm

If it outbreaks in my region, then I may keep all my kids, and my wife, home. I'll only go out for supplies when needed. I will be dressed in a haz-mat suit when doing this. Otherwise, we'll stay home until it gets under control.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

I agree there is nothing proven to work, we are just talking about potential things that MIGHT work, I think that is a discussion worth having at ATS

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   

I am thinking fresh organic garlic for one, I know this helped some of my ancestors with the Spanish Flu which was a really nasty disease that could kill even faster than Ebola in some cases.

I wanted to get your thoughts and this community's thoughts on the idea I posted about here [I'm the guy with the "don't run tests on me" avatar] : "Emancipated Human" FB page's status update

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I will be making Colloidal Silver. No DNA choosing killer ZMAPP. No nasty Mercury filled Vaccine.

Colloidal Silver will do for me!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join