It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-ANALYSIS: Escaped Iraqi Baathists in Syria Controlling Resistance Forces

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Based on information obtained in Fallujah, Baghdad, and other locations, intelligence officials have concluded that a small number of senior Saddam loyalists have lodged in Syria. They are trying to bring back the dictatorship of Hussein by supplying the resistance with money and other support to fight the established government. A global positioning signal receiver discovered in a bomb factory in Fallujah contained waypoints originating in western Syria. The Syrian ambassador to the US has "categorically" denied the charges.

www.washingtonpost.com
Washington Post- December 8, 2004- Concerns about Syria's role in Iraq were also expressed in interviews The Washington Post conducted yesterday with Jordan's King Abdullah and Iraqi President Ghazi Yawar. "There are people in Syria who are bad guys, who are fugitives of the law and who are Saddam remnants who are trying to bring the vicious dictatorship of Saddam back," Yawar said. "They are not minding their business or living a private life. They are . . . disturbing or undermining our political process."

Abdullah noted that the governments of both the United States and Iraq believe that "foreign fighters are coming across the Syrian border that have been trained in Syria."

Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld and other U.S. officials have previously complained about Syria's role in Iraq, but officials said the latest intelligence has given impetus to new efforts aimed at curbing the activities of the Hussein loyalists there. The U.S. government recently gave the government of Syria a list of those officials, with a request that they be arrested or expelled, a State Department official said yesterday.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Bring back the Saddam dictatorship? Seems kind of unlikely seeing as we have saddam captured? Right?
The article also mentions how these Bathhists are collecting money from private sources in Saudi Arabia and Europe to give to the resistance? Man, what is up with that, if this is true.

Related News Links:
rds.yahoo.com

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 11:55 PM
link   

They are trying to bring back the dictatorship of Hussein by supplying the resistance with money and other support to fight the established government

I would hardly call the puppet Government established. And is this not another "intelligence" scam to be used against Syria for any possible attacks. We all know Shrub doesn't like those nasty Syrians.....

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Syria has been making ovatures for peace with Isreal as of late. Few people really appreciate how tenuous Assad's and his Alawate clans grip on power is. If somebody is playing spy games they may not like the results is Assad is ousted.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 12:06 AM
link   
TrueAmerican, you expect us to listen to this fat slob!

Iran is a bit much to chew on so now Syria is the bad guy!

Fromlinked article
foreign fighters are coming across the Syrian border that have been trained in Syria."

This is the dis-info crap the Pentagon is now tyring to project. Is this what they expect us to believe?

The citizens of the world are now standing up to say,"Give us the truth, or give us nothing! We are sick of the lies!"

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

I would hardly call the puppet Government established. And is this not another "intelligence" scam to be used against Syria for any possible attacks. We all know Shrub doesn't like those nasty Syrians.....

Well the government has been established, but how much in control of the people they are remains the question...lol...umm, I just realized that doesn't have much to do with the topic, really...The issue is Syria entering into the picture more clearly (at least according to our infallible intelligence
, that is.)

[edit on 8-12-2004 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Psychoses
TrueAmerican, you expect us to listen to this fat slob!

Lol, not really Psy, I just report em. You deny ignorance. And you seem to be doing a good job.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 12:20 AM
link   
The administration/CIA/pentagon/MI6 have been inventing the following disinfo, that all turned out to be wrong :

1-Saddam has nuclear weapons
2-Saddam is gonna attack in 45 minutes
3-Saddam has chemical and biological weapons
4-Saddam has ties to AlQaeda
5-Saddam hides his WMD
6-Saddam sold his WMD to Syria to nag Bush
7-Saddam destroyed his WMD to nag Bush
8-Foreign fighters are massively infiltrating Iraq
9-The iraqi resistance is mainly made up of foreign terrorists
10-Zarqawi is in Fallujah where he tortures innocent aid workers
11-Zarqawi has chemical weapons labs
12-No civilians died in Fallujah
13-Iran is developing nukes

And now we are expected to listen to

14-Baathists that secretly escaped to Syria during post-war turmoil are masterminding the iraqi resistance, the only reason for Bush's failure

???????

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Well FredT, it looks like they just don't wanna listen. Awe, imagine that...

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 12:32 AM
link   

From linked article
U.S. military intelligence officials have concluded that the Iraqi insurgency is being directed to a greater degree than previously recognized from Syria, where they said former Saddam Hussein loyalists have found sanctuary and are channeling money and other support to those fighting the established government.

If these idiots try to feed us more faeces I am going to be sick! The propaganda is now just too much to cope with.

When are they going to admit that they made a mistake and stop trying to cover it up with cow manure?

The resistance in Iraq is being fed by average Iraqi's who are sick and tired of "smart bombs" killing their families.

Iran, Syria have absolutely nothing to do with it.

Bush and his "Godly ways" are to blame.

Americans think that they are winning this war.

All I can do is laugh!

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 12:35 PM
link   
To those whom seem to not believe any information out there, just what exactely would make you to change your beliefs about the war in Iraq? What in the way of information, discoveries, intelligence reports from multiple sources, verified news reports ect would cause you to change your view. I put this out for both sides of the fence to describe what would do it. Would discovery of chemical weapons in Syria with verifiable origination from Iraq be enough. Would evidence of importation agents/arms from Iran to destablize Iraq be enough for you to believe. I just really want to know what would make you flip to the other side with your beliefs.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
To those whom seem to not believe any information out there, just what exactely would make you to change your beliefs about the war in Iraq? What in the way of information, discoveries, intelligence reports from multiple sources, verified news reports ect would cause you to change your view. I put this out for both sides of the fence to describe what would do it. Would discovery of chemical weapons in Syria with verifiable origination from Iraq be enough. Would evidence of importation agents/arms from Iran to destablize Iraq be enough for you to believe. I just really want to know what would make you flip to the other side with your beliefs.

Interesting question. I think i can answer pretty clearly that i would change my stance if it was proven that Saddam Hussein planned to attack the US massively with WMD anytime soon (this was the basic US claim : 'if we wait for the final proof, it could well come in the form of a mushroom cloud', Bush), and if it was proven that UN inspections are less effective when they contain no CIA and Mossad spies.

new topics

top topics

join