It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Netanyahu to Obama: Don't allow Iran deal that leaves it at nuclear threshold

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 06:12 AM
link   

(Reuters) - Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu bluntly told U.S. President Barack Obama on Wednesday that he must make sure that any final nuclear deal with Iran does not leave it at the “threshold" of being able to develop nuclear weapons.

Even as Netanyahu pressed Obama over Iran in White House talks, the president urged the Israeli leader to help find ways to prevent Palestinian civilian casualties like those inflicted in the recent Gaza war between Israel and Hamas militants.

Netanyahu's visit was clouded by word of Israel's approval of the planned construction of more than 2,600 settler homes in mostly Arab East Jerusalem.

The White House said the matter came up in the leaders' closed-door talks and warned that it would draw international condemnation, "poison the atmosphere" with the Palestinians as well as Arab governments and call into question Israel's commitment to peace.

(Link)

Obama deserves praise for having the courage to ask Netanyahu the difficult questions regarding the conflict, without allowing Netanyahu to focus exclusively on Iran.

What do you think?

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I am sick and tired of the drivel from his mouth.

How many times has Iran been on the thresh hold or ready to make them or will have them in x years and x has passed so many times.

He is like a worn out record, a broken one at that.

It is a wonder he hasn't bought out his lovely pic of the bomb. Perhaps he lost it, or the kindergarten kid he stole it from wanted it back.

How can anyone in the world take him seriously.

I assume his people are still voting for him.

Why would they do that.

P

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Obama deserves praise for having the courage to ask Netanyahu the difficult questions regarding the conflict, without allowing Netanyahu to focus exclusively on Iran.

What do you think?

I think what was said to the public wasn't said behind closed doors.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

What I think is this...

First:

Obama is not in a position to advocate for humanitarian concerns, because his inability to deal with conflict situations without bombing something is no more valid than Netanyahu's idiotic policies.

Second:

Both Obama, and Netanyahu are more than aware that the only way to remove insurgencies, or enemies who are embedded in civilian areas, is to send in special operations units, under such black budgets that their names are no longer public record, or to be found anywhere in the records of any agency, with the intention of slowly, but surely gutting the force ranged against them, while making not a sound, nor causing a single collateral fatality with their own weapons. Furthermore, they are aware that any other response will cause more radicalisation than it solves, and make their problems larger and harder to deal with.

Third:

If Obama wants to be praised for his international diplomacy, he needs to instruct Netanyahu to stop blowing up Gazan towns to take out five or six guys with a rocket sled, to stop all settlement building, and force the settlers back inside Israel proper, off the land they illegally occupied. If he does not wish to get into that discussion, then he needs to grow a backbone.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

He has to balance the differnt interests within his government otherwise he's impotent.

I do think all the time the world does not apply sanctions on israel he will get his own way - perhaps its the rest of the world that needs to grow a backbone and tell the jewish government if you don't acknowledge international law and continue your present course - you will pay for it by sanctions - afterall sanctions are good enough for Russia, Iran but israel is a far greater law offender, over a longer period than either countrys' put together yet no sanctions.

Get sanctioning and watch the change in attitude from the arrogant to the agreeable.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

No, with respect, that is not the job of any politician, let alone a president.

The job of politicians, is to do as they are damned well told by their people, and enact the will of the people by way of legislation. That they fail to do so, and have done for so long that people have forgotten that this is what democracy really means, is sad, but it changes the fact not one iota.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Perhaps he lost it

He's lost something...
& it rhymes with Shmarbles!

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   

What do you think?

Although, as a a Londoner, I do not see as much of Obama as the US would obviously, I still think he's been a better POTUS than some...

I'm not one who thinks our "leaders" are in control...
By which I mean I don't think they have the power of the Military & Secret Service...

With that said I do think him being vocal about the mistreatment of Gazans & illegal settlements is something he is deserving of certain "praise", for want if a better word..

I like Obama, especially since he called Netanyahu Reckless & Untrustworthy...

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Yesterday one of the most popular economics blogs in Israel posted a pic of a headline in a big newspaper from 1984 saying (in free translation):

Khomeini's nuclear bomb is now entering final production's stage

Source if anyone's interested

The media AND the Israeli government are obviously using Iran to terrorize its own citizens (and the world probably) with the IRAN NUCLEAR THREAT. OMG fear the mighty Persians!

Same old record, different turntable.
edit on 3-10-2014 by Shuye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dark Ghost

What do you think?

Obama deserves jail after weakening our nation and leaving us vulnerable to attacks from abroad. Obama is a fickle, incompetent President who should have never been elected.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Netanyahu is speaking to the wrong person in the Whitehouse, Obama is nothing more then a stooge to Valerie Jarrett when it comes to Iran...or anything for that matter.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Agreed. If there was a drinking game in which you had to take shots for every instance that NutterButt said the words Iran and nuclear, surely one would be dead by alcohol poisoning.

If ever I get the opportunity to encounter him, I'd push past all his Mossad and wrap a roll of ducktape around his mouth...hopefully that will stop the radioactive spew.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Since when does this Zionist trash dictate Americas foreign policy?? That should be the question that taxpayers should be asking. Another question would be: Why should we taxpayers keep giving billions in welfare to a rogue state such as war-mongering Israel. They are not our friends. Israel is not a democracy.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Why don't we elect Netanyahu supreme chancellor of the planet because he is so damn smart and the little crap hole of a country he barks from is so damn important.... NOT!!

Iran is far more significant than Israel. I think we would do better to take Iran's advice on Israel, rather than vice versa.

Israel should be painted with the same brush as N. Korea. A band of psychopaths with a delusional version of reality.

The US, Russia and Iran need team up. That would be a force that could keep things under control. China can join up if Tibet ok's it. Ahhh, to dream....

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA
I agree. I think Iran would be a far superior ally than Israel in many more ways than one. And I also agree that the US gov should see Israel the same as North Korea

I could only give you one star. Too bad

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Another thread turned to Israel bashing. That's getting as old as listening to Obama drone on about anything and Netanyahu complaining to Obama about Iran.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fylgje
a reply to: MALBOSIA
I agree. I think Iran would be a far superior ally than Israel in many more ways than one. And I also agree that the US gov should see Israel the same as North Korea

I could only give you one star. Too bad

But business wise Israel is intricately woven in with the USA, something that will be extremely tricky to interfere with. Too much money involved for USA and Israel to drift apart and the Iranians who mean almost nothing to these states will stay adrift.

top topics

join