It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Seafloor Maps Released ! Never Before Seen Mounts.

page: 1

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Looks like this would be perfect for google earth.

New Seafloor Maps Released ! Never Before Seen Mounts.

Cant seel to find it though. Anyway, looks like treasure hunters will know better where the older shore line is exactly. That should make this useful. I also have a feeling a better explanation of the Bermuda triangle is on this new map... what do you guys think about this? www.sciencerecorder.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: tonycodes

do you have a working link to the map itself?

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 02:14 AM
link   

I have been waiting for this for a long time, can't wait to study it.

All i can find right now is pictures and info, i don't think the map itself is fully released for the public.

More info and pics beelow.

CLICK ME

Wait, i think i found it here.

CLICK ME 2

edit on 3-10-2014 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Here's a Source.

The images and KML overlays for Google Earth.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Instead of climbing the highest mountains in the Rockies or Himalayas, adventurers can now put on their scuba gear and climb up (or down) the highest mountains in the ocean (it's all one ocean, with various named areas). Instead of mountain goats they're find mountain squid.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Cool stuff,clever the way they used surface measurements to determine the sea floor.

Just don't tell Arken,or he will find a community of Martians living down there with Elvis and the Yeti's!
Only kidding Arken buddy!

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
The gravity mapping of the seafloor is interesting. However, for my point of view, a topographic map would have been a better article to read.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Aleister
Or a sea Yeti.

Thanks for sharing

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Cool, thanks for posting!

While searching for more about this, I also found this article:

Mapping the ocean floor: Satellite data reveals uncharted mountains buried a mile beneath the sea bed

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Love stories like this one! We are sending humans to settle on Mars in the next few years, yet we don't even know everything that's under our oceans. 90% of what's under water is still unmapped, 90%!

From the OP source:

The ocean floor is one of the most mysterious, least explored places on planet Earth. Nearly 90 percent of it still unmapped.

New ocean floor data reveals previously hidden mountains and volcanoes.

Using data from satellites that measure variations in Earth’s gravitational field, the researchers found a new, more accurate way to map the ocean floor.
They were able to identify a variety of previously unknown features—including thousands of extinct volcanoes more than 1000 meters tall.

So crazy! Thousands of extinct volcanos, thousands of meters tall! Mind blowing!

SnF!

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Been thinking about this thread today,and I pondered how this technology may evolve in the future-today we see geological features,amazing enough.
But,maybe in some future tomorrow we will see remanants of ancient cities and sunken planes/ships-there are many down there.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Awesome.. thank you.. heres the link directly to the google earth overlays.. cant wait to see the anomolies ats pulls up.. lets try to fill this thread with some.. ill sure be looking for odities topex.ucsd.edu...
edit on 3-10-2014 by tonycodes because: lonk

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ceeker63
The gravity mapping of the seafloor is interesting. However, for my point of view, a topographic map would have been a better article to read.

To do a topographic map, they would have to scan every single square meter of the ocean floor using seismographic and sonar methods. The gravity mapping is a relatively quick and easy way using a couple of satellites. But I am sure they will be able to improve the resolution by using multiple passes.

Scientists do something similar in astronomy by taking multiple images of an object and then combining them together. The slight differences in image position of each frame allow for a higher resolution to be generated.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   
These are awesome, i can not wait to see more. We know do little about our ocean.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: NewRNA

I cant either! I will try my best to keep the post updated.... thank you everyone for pitching in too with some pics.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: NewRNA

I cant either! I will try my best to keep the post updated.... thank you everyone for pitching in too with some pics.

top topics

join