It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy rutting...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Hi folks.

Right now over here in France it is the rutting season.... not for the French in general... as rutting is a perpetual thing... erm... apparently... ask Dominique Strauss Kahn
... As the saying goes... "So what, I have a mistress???)

Anyways, just wanted to share with you respected members some of the joys of the French countryside.

For the past two weeks the Stag population have gone sex mad... Rutting season has started and we the Rodinus family are as usual completely seduced and overwhelmed as to what nature shares with us.

I live slap bang in the middle of the French countryside... miles... or kilometers away if you prefer from the polluted city and town crap that pollutes most of our every day lives...

At the moment on a morning at 06:00 when I wake up and open my window, or on an evening when I am sitting outside at the official ATS French meeting table on the patio (see some of my older threads) I hear and sometimes witness this :

and this :

PURE BLISS...

Forget Ebola... Forget ISIS... for a few instants...

Just remember what nature has given to us before it is too late and WE bugger things up big time...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Put a keg of beer out for them mate.

They will quickly forget all that nonsense.

They have to learn to share.

Otherwise, hunt all except one and watch him have lots of fun. Lots of Venison for the freezer. Well, I know, but you have to eat.

P

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 03:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Rodinus

I think I will studiously ignore the rutting season, since my efforts to separate myself from my own biological requirements in that regard, are all that keeps me sane in these dark times! If I was still shunting hormones around like an insane goods train driver in a fractal rail yard, I would be climbing the walls!

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 04:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
Put a keg of beer out for them mate.

They will quickly forget all that nonsense.

They have to learn to share.

Otherwise, hunt all except one and watch him have lots of fun. Lots of Venison for the freezer. Well, I know, but you have to eat.

P

Erm...

Maybe I should have stated in my OP post that I am also a hunter *cough cough*

We have 2 stags to cull this year in our village (roughly 15,000 stags in our area right now)...

Bon appetit.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 04:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

I think I will studiously ignore the rutting season, since my efforts to separate myself from my own biological requirements in that regard, are all that keeps me sane in these dark times! If I was still shunting hormones around like an insane goods train driver in a fractal rail yard, I would be climbing the walls!

Try reading (or may I suggest if you please... ogling Razzles readers wives mate...)

Red cross parcel of kleenex tissues on its way to you right now...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Rod, that would be as sensible as a starving man forcing himself to watch nothing but episodes of man versus food. I cannot express just how utterly counterproductive the approach you recommend would be!

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 05:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Rod, that would be as sensible as a starving man forcing himself to watch nothing but episodes of man versus food. I cannot express just how utterly counterproductive the approach you recommend would be!

My good friend TB... as you already know and not being that so much afar from each other... I have a freezer pretty well fullright to the bloody top with venison....

You are more than welcome to pay your flight across to an exotic part of the world... the rest is on me my friend...

Over to you... U to U if needed... you are MORE than welcome...

Kindest respects

Rod
edit on 3/10/14 by Rodinus because: Crap spelling...

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Hah!

I was not suggesting that I was hungry Rod... I feel certain elements of this communication may have been lost in the translation! Perhaps you have been away in the land of garlic and onion necklaces too long my friend!

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 06:11 AM
link   
The first time I heard those calls they make, it freaked me out! I had no idea what it was at first!

I prefer the pretty quiet little females that hang out in front of our house sometimes.

I'm glad hunting season started- we have way too many sangliers at the moment. They rip everything up, and when my dog runs off barking furiously in the early morning, I am always afraid he'll get killed by one.

We seem to have a huge population of foxes at the moment too! I see several everyday.

edit on 3-10-2014 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I think you may have romanticised this out of proportion.
Yesterday I saw 2 dogs going at it and they ended up getting stuck (yes it actually happens), it did not look comfortable

What made it worse was the 3 other dogs that were hanging around who didnt have the patience to wait till the were unstuck and it basically turned into a 30 min long doggy cluster ****.

You can have your randy animals all to yourself, Ill pass on clicking the links thanks

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I think all the ladies had a headache, they kept running away from that male. Hahahaha!

Man, the sounds they make sure are spooky!

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Yeah, it's that time around here too. And while it may be "beautiful" and whatever, I'm not real happy about it.

Because from now until December?
Hubby and I are 7 for 7.
We've hit one with either the car, or several trucks, every year, for the last 7 years.

When their "fever" hits, no vehicle is safe.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Oh dear... A dog bang... How unfortunatel...

Dont forget... Im a vet... Darned IPhone and poetic thingummyjigs!

Kindestrespects

Rodinus

a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

edit on 3/10/14 by Rodinus because: Crap spelling

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluesma
The first time I heard those calls they make, it freaked me out! I had no idea what it was at first!

I prefer the pretty quiet little females that hang out in front of our house sometimes.

I'm glad hunting season started- we have way too many sangliers at the moment. They rip everything up, and when my dog runs off barking furiously in the early morning, I am always afraid he'll get killed by one.

We seem to have a huge population of foxes at the moment too! I see several everyday.

HMmm.... quiet females? Chance would be a fine thing in this neck of the woods!

Cough cough

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 3/10/14 by Rodinus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Rutting starts Nov. 14-17 here in Appalachia. But for the rest of the year, it starts at 10 pm at the bars.

new topics

top topics

join