It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does my dream mean anything

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 11:33 PM
link   
This is my first post so forgive me if its a little weird. Let me preface this by telling you that I live in the flight path of Detroit Metro Airport and as far as I can remember I've never dreamed anything like this before .I had a dream last night that had me so freaked out I actually stood at my bedroom window just to make sure, the only thing that I can remember about my dream is seeing a very large white passenger plane (commercial type) fly over my house so low that I could actually see people in the windows. Then it did a couple of jerky (zig zag) movements then the nose of the plane started to go straight up then stop and immediately dive bomb towards then ground and explode in a huge fireball. Now beyond that I can hear myself asking my husband about it and him saying something like we have to get out of Michigan. Then I woke up in a cold sweat and going straight to my bedroom window to see if this was real and turning on the news to see if something happened and I've had a bad feeling all day that I just couldn't shake. I'm not sure if I believe in paranormal stuff or not, but I'm very open to alternative thinking if I can have some sort of tangible proof. Hopefully one of you more seasoned people can help me.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   
firstnote, I am not seasoned, others have more experience Im sure.

It's hard to know what to make of dreams. Sometimes they coorespond pretty directly to reality [prophetic?], sometimes they are probably symbolic/metaphoric, sometimes they are just dreams (your brain relaxing and unravelling a bit). Maybe dreams are just us communicating with ourselves.

You might look at it symbolically. Does an 'Airplane' [flying?] hold any underlying meanings to you? Think metaphorically. Would there be other things in your life that would relate to a zigzag path, nose dive and crash? Did the people on the plane seem generic or characters/individuals?

Do you have a need/desire/worry to leave Michigan or the City you live in?

In the dream you only observed the incident and were not directly involved. But we can sometimes do that in our lives where we observe things with our minds at a distance even though we are directly involved. It might relate to something you see flying and crashing, yours or someone elses. A relationship, finances, maybe even mood/outlook.

I had this dream the other night where I saw a pair of guys get down on the ground like bracing for a blast, so i did too. Then came a lot of rubble, some glowing, raining down. In the back of my mind i was thinking it was radioactive so i got up and went inside this building, where a bunch of people already were.
I do worry about being nuked. Don't think it likely a nation will attack us, but a terrorist or government faked terrorist single bomb seems possible. Maybe I am thinking about the 'fallout' from somekind of far off 'explosion'.

My dream didn't seem to have my waking self upset as yours seems to have.

The dream itself may not be as important as something in your life. I would only give you the generic advice of dealing with life events calmly, clearly and with inspiration if it seems to fit.

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 01:59 AM
link   
First of all thank you for you interpretation of my dream. I don't know if my dream is my subconscious way of expressing my desire to leave Michigan. I have not been truly happy in this state but I never thought that it was as severe a desire as what was expressed in my dream. I, like most people have rational and irrational fears re: planes and them crashing (since 9/11)
but like I said I've never dreamt of anything so violent. Does the violent nature of my dream mean anything? I can interpret the subsequent conversation with my husband in my dream is related to my desire to leave MI but what about the plane crashing. Like I said I've had a really bad feeling that I just can't shake since that dream and I'm not sure how to shake it.

join