It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Profits From Syrian Airstrikes Will Churn Your Stomach

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Just another video about the Military Industrial complex who continue to profit off of war. You might be surprised to learn how much the US spends on just defense contractors, not the military.

Thank god Arab nations are now combating ISIL so hopefully the US can cease the airstrikes and let them take over, but not if the Military Industrial complex has anything to say about.
edit on 2-10-2014 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   
It's just completely obscene! The guy's right, this is the reason we have perpetual wars. If everyone in the military just walked away, Today, there would be no more war. The military people have to step up to the plate here and decided what they are going to do. Are they going to see friends get killed to make these horrendous Corporations more cash or are they going to call a halt to it all. It's time to stop and come home, bring the troops back home!

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: DrunkYogi

Obscene is a good descriptive but even more so is moral depravity and that's how I've come to feel about it all. If people would stop investing in the war machine companies so that their shares would drop... But the corporations want to feed revenues to their investors and should their shares cost drop, then they become more desperate to make a profit and involve us in more wars. Sort of like the snake eating its own tail is how I see it now. Scum of the earth.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I feel that so much of this could be eliminated by simply placing restrictions on politicians and lobbying. Like he basically says in the video, the politicians who push for these things are doing it for private interests, and they are essentially making decisions that are bad for the US so they can personally make money. How is this not treasonous against the American people? In my mind it definitely is, considering they are there for our well being, not to profit by putting our interests aside in favor of corporate interests. Then it becomes relatively obvious when it looking at it in this way that all the reasons they give us for their actions are designed to keep us ignorant of the truth, and to make it all seem justifiable. We need to pass laws restricting conflicts of interest with US politicians immediately. But they make the laws, so why would they restrict themselves? And these are not a conspiracy theory but are a fact.

Public office should be a service. I definitely think that a politician should not be allowed to work for a company they helped while in office, even after they are no longer working for the government. This makes it too easy for them to do things to benefit that company, who has promised them a job behind closed doors, at the expense of the American people. This is going on all the time and it is a very big deal. Think of how often this goes on with the FED and large financial institutions. I mean it is utterly ridiculous. I mean think about the following: there are large corporations essentially lobbying influential individuals within the government in an attempt to get them to go to war or escalate conflicts in other regions, all for profit. So the politicians find some reason that they think the majority of people will believe, and they then send our citizens off to die, while simultaneously wasting our money.

Or to put it another way, they are using our money so that these large businesses can make more money, all the while people are dying. They are profiting from that, but it is not incidental, rather it was planned to be that way. It is sickening to be honest. One of the most obvious and glaring inconsistencies that alludes to what I am discussing is the invasion of Iraq. The claim of WMD's being nothing but a pretense, which eventually became known to the public.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Yah, profits. All those high value Toyota pickup trucks need to be obliterated.

Sorry about the add...

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Everybody profits; it's just the way the world is.

IS are making money, we'll be making money and so it goes...

When someone discovers a 'cure' for cancer, they'll make profits too. If you and I could end homelessness across the world, we'd make a fortune. I mean, jeez, they sell ready-made ice-cubes and pre-grated cheese in the stores!

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Why the hell isn't this thread being flagged to the top?

This is sickening on so many levels.

Especially the last quote they read.

"To the extent we can shift away from relying on troops and rely more heavily on equipment-
That could present an opportunity."

Absolutely disgusting. But yet you won't hear a single talking head on the numerous cable networks say a thing about this.

But look!! That welfare queen with 5 kids is robbing my hard earned money!!

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I really don't understand how people can live with themselves knowing that they kill woman and children for profit. Its satanical. RIP.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: glend
I really don't understand how people can live with themselves knowing that they kill woman and children for profit. Its satanical. RIP.

Ok so isis cuts heads off anyone that disagrees with them what should we do?

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 05:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Well, first ... if you think beheading someone for not agreeing with you, is unacceptable. Then, maybe you should attack Saudi Arabia first ... they've been doing it for decades. Oh, sorry ... I forgot, they're your allies ... if they behead US citizens, for some obscure reason, no one else agrees on. Then it's OK ... yeah, got it.

But then, has someone ever wondered about the current population numbers? 7 billion ... sooner or later, there is going to be a disaster in the world. And at first, it's just going to be a few million that dies ... but then, that is going to increase, and we'll get a disease we can't handle.

Remember, ebola is there just so you won't bother read the news about other stuff. First, they gave you Malaysian flight down ... you figured that one out. Then they gave you Ukraine, gotta save them ... no, you didn't buy that. Then it was Israel in distress, no ... not that either. Then it was "The Russians are coming" ... and that one almost worked. Now they got their ISIS, but it only serves so well ... because they gotta kill Assad. So, now you got Ebola ... you're too occupied with other stuff, you won't notice when they do their stuff.

And when a "real" ebola comes, and it's going to come ... because we are systematically turning the entire western world into a mud pot, and everybody is going to go at everybody when all hell breaks loose. And if there is anything Murphy tought us, it's that when it's fubared, it will fubar at the worst possible moment.

So, what does all that come down to .... it comes down to that if I could, I'd stockpile nuclear weapons and any machinery I could, and await the zombie apocolypse...

Because, it's going to come to a theatre near you!

Which is probably, the "background" that these guys have in their minds. The entire stuff, is taken out of context ... and I'll tell ya, when the apocolypse comes ... we're going to be shooting each other, like killing people was candy. You can write that in your holy book.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 05:44 AM
link   

The whole "beheading video" thing is meant for western consumption and to create outrage. In other words, it's a propaganda tool to get the public backing for more war against the barbarians. Makes you wonder why they'd do that, doesn't it?

Groups like ISIS, and the mythical Khorasan, that nobody had ever heard of, are nothing more than carefully crafted constructs to instill fear and disgust. After all, who wouldn't be outraged?
Trouble is, so many people just follow the flock and bay for revenge and action, rather than applying any analytical thinking, which is the whole aim of those behind it all. Those in the videos, with the masks and scary attire are not the ones orchestrating it all. The ones tasked with that job sit in air conditioned boardrooms and wear expensive suits. No, not the politicians, they are just the enablers dispensing the cash, I mean the real decision makers, the corporate money men and bankers.

If peace broke out all over, they'd lose $Trillions, and we can't be having that no can we?

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: bjarneorn
Well, first ... if you think beheading someone for not agreeing with you, is unacceptable. Then, maybe you should attack Saudi Arabia first ... they've been doing it for decades. Oh, sorry ... I forgot, they're your allies ... if they behead US citizens, for some obscure reason, no one else agrees on. Then it's OK ... yeah, got it.

Well first,... we kill people too, but they typical break a law, much like I'm sure happen in Saudi. We do not go into a village and round up all the men and cut their heads off, and stomp to death the male babies. Your argument is stupid and a fallacy.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
It would be very entertaining if the US Government dumped the Federal Reserve Note for a government issued currency. All those people that are hiding money in offshore accounts and so forth would be rushing to exchange their Federal Reserve Notes for the new currency.

Unfortunately, it won't happen because the rich elites won't allow it.
edit on 3-10-2014 by eManym because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

If you think US and Saudi governments only kill people who brake the law I then suggest you to search and think outside the box for a change and dig a little dipper than propaganda outlets like fox,etc are trying to make you believe...And I by no means intend to justify any kinds of killing at all...Beheading people is wrong whether it be for real or fabricated,but taking an army and investing heavily while involving a dozen more countries and their resources to confront a bunch of 'supposed' beheaders! who could be dealt with much quicker and cheaper if desired seems a little too extravagant to me.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 03:00 AM
link   
When I see a thread like this, with which I completely agree, I harken bark to the fall of the USSR and how many thought that would lead to a lasting peace.

Then suddenly we have the first Gulf war and it looked like peace wasn't going to happen.

Only later I found out the CIA had basically given Saddam the green light to invade Kuwait.......and we all know what happened after that.

There seem to be so many governmental and corporate interests that have a vested interest in continual world unrest, I guess only when the masses see that will change be possible.

edit on 6-10-2014 by PlanetXisHERE because: epiphany

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 03:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero first question I ask is......"who is (IS)" .It is a given not to just believe anything the MSM is pushing ...my suspicion would be House of Saudi..along with house of Rothschild's......my beliefs as to why....OPEC....for house of Saudi (HOS)..Raytheon/Haliburton/Standard oil ..might mention State of Rothchilds(ISrael).....question 2..."who benefits"....the aforementioned.. Strange that is...now all I have just said is just my humble opinion.
Now the world is a chess game and we the people are the pawns...As the military advances technically and removes the need for ground troops we the pawns become less valuable...hence the mass exodus to mechanised ground based robots....THESE COST MONEY.....hence the military also needs to make mass amounts of money...DARPA is not cheap....so back to the pawns (US)...what can we the pawn do to sort this out....Fairly Easy.....get the word out....Stop being pawns for corporate greed....STOP....signing up to fight....STOP...killing in the name of COUNTRY/GOD/RELIGION/MILITARY/CORPORATE....army....down your weapons before we the PAWNS.....are no longer needed to fight their wars....STOP....being a PAWN....start being human.........HUMANS DO NOT KILL HUMANS.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: plube
HUMANS DO NOT KILL HUMANS.

Who are you killing, human have always killed, and many times eaten other humans... lol

We are the Raptors of the mammal world......

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 04:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: plube
HUMANS DO NOT KILL HUMANS.

Who are you killing, human have always killed, and many times eaten other humans... lol

We are the Raptors of the mammal world......
But it doesn't have to be like that for ever...We can love or at least like or tolerate each other and enjoy a peaceful easy going and satisfying life which is natural and fun at the same time or we could continue being wild beasts and make hell after hell on earth while making tons of worthless pieces of paper and chunks of minerals for the profit of the elites so they can continue this age old insanity for a little longer... The choice is ours to make.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

If correct, this would be a scandal in my country and people would be questioned... I guess..

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: shapur
But it doesn't have to be like that for ever...We can love or at least like or tolerate each other and enjoy a peaceful easy going and satisfying life which is natural and fun at the same time or we could continue being wild beasts and make hell after hell on earth while making tons of worthless pieces of paper and chunks of minerals for the profit of the elites so they can continue this age old insanity for a little longer... The choice is ours to make.

We are the top preds of this planet I think we can do it all. Our capacity for love is the same as it is to kill, so you can't just cut out one instinct. You might be able to hide it for a while but it is lurking in the shadows for the first opportunity to be free again.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join