It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to Immigration Activists: "No Force On Earth Can Stop Us"

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Patriotsrevenge

Carter doesn't seem so bad in comparison now does he?

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
originally posted by: Sremmos80

He's a weak president and his foreign policy is weak. And his attitude towards the country is weak

You saying he's not doesn't remove the FACTS surrounding the reasons he is.

Not sure if this is on topic, (not really sure what the topic is) but I have a question of about American politics.

In the UK, most people with an understanding of politics are aware that a "policy" belongs to a party. i.e. it would be the "Tories foreign policy" or the "Labour education policy" or, god forbid, "UKIPS policy on Europe". And in order to be able to make any major changes to the way with live our life, the Tories, for example, would need to present to the house and then the changes to law required to implement the policy would be voted on.

No politically educated person would refer to a policy as "Cameron's education policy", at most if it were known where the suggestion for policy came from, we might refer to it as "Cameron's initiative on foreign affairs that he hopes to become policy".

It rarely happens, but people are supposed to vote on the policies that make life better. Depending on your political leanings, that could mean better for "you and yours", or better for "everyone".

Anyway, I was beginning to wander, The question I want to understand is:

How much say does the POTUS have in deciding policy. Is he really the one man band, and totally and solely responsible for the current status of the USofA, or do you have a party policy system like the uk?

in which case the politically ignorant voters who literally choose to vote for the personality of the leader, rather than the policy of the party are responsible for the current status of the USofA.

CAVEATE - While everything I say above regarding policy is correct, I am fully aware that most voters in the UK seem to follow the same line of voting for the leader rather than the party, and it galls me when I hear people saying they wont vote for a person because they dont like them instead of aasking the very simple question. "Do I believe that the party that this person represents, can accurately represent me in parliament, (for local issues) and in government, (for world issues)

Simple really.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join