It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Picture Of Ebola Clean Up Crew (Frightening & WTF)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   

This was broadcast on WFAA news station in Texas. I'll link to their Facebook too.

They are cleaning the bloody vomit left from SUNDAY out in the open. This looks very unprofessional despite those in charge claiming these are in fact professionals. These guys have apparently been used a number of times to lean up things like AIDS. Fine, AIDS is level 2, Ebola is level 4. I don't trust them, especially when I see no PPE.

Where's the protective gear? Why is a woman walking by in FLIP FLOPS? Where is that water going? Are they at least using bleach or something? Why is there what appears to be a drink left right there?

I realize that the ebola probably died out in a fairly short amount of time, but how many dogs could have eaten that? Dogs are asymptomatic carriers of ebola...

They are screwing up big time with the handling of this.

The ambulance drivers weren't notified for 48 hours (and were still working with the public). That whole complex should be sealed off, or at the very least the unit that was stayed in. I can't believe how long it's taken to have a crew go in and dispose of the sheets that were soaked in this guys sweat and his towels.

Take that family and put them somewhere safe.

This is a clusterf and I'm beginning to worry. If this is how we handle it I can see it spread. I'm becoming more wary of people that insist ebola is hard to transfer too. Not if we completely fail to some basic hygiene standards.

Stop the planes. We can barely keep a handle of the thing in the few countries already hit.

WFAA

LINK

LINK
edit on 0220141020141 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
My bad, already posted. Will contact mods. I didn't even think to check, I was pretty icked out.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I've been trying to find a picture or video all day, but no luck. But here is what I saw:

I was watching CNN, and as "experts" were speaking they were looping footage of some sort of clean-up crew pulling infected material out of the apartment of Patient Zero. The clean-up crew was dressed head to tow in rubber, with paper masks over their mouth, goggles, and rubber gloves.

In the looped footage, it shows one clean-up worker, carrying infected material, PULL THEIR MASK DOWN WITH THEIR GLOVED HAND to speak before putting it back on.

SERIOUSLY?!

This is how infections spread. Careless little actions like this.

If someone can find this footage, PLEASE post it.

Oh, and please quarantine that worker also!!

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I mean you said it all. What can we do?

Big lol for me looking at the picture. Just assuming they're cleaning up ebola. Ebola. lol why does spellcheck put a red squiggly line under ebola, and not Ebola?

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I'm flabbergasted that this guy is cleaning that mess up without PPE.
edit on 2-10-2014 by MrMaybeNot because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Domo1

I just read that the man puked all over the bed and it was wiped up with towels by the family and now they have them trapped in that small apartment with all that Ebola virus everywhere. Has a Hazmat team even shown up to properly clean that apartment?

link   
I find the lack of the cdc at the very least monitoring the removal of any thing contaminated with ebola genuinemy disturbing.

The federal government had to know this coming here was inevitable, but it seems like they are throwing their hands up and letting it take hold here.

I have never been worried truly about anything doom related I've read on ats. Seeing the response to actual cases of ebola here in the us is beginning to worry me.
edit on 10pm910u101188 by magnum1188 because: missed words

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: thirdcoast
I mean you said it all. What can we do?

Big lol for me looking at the picture. Just assuming they're cleaning up ebola. Ebola. lol why does spellcheck put a red squiggly line under ebola, and not Ebola?

Because it's patented.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
They got Juan and Carlos out there with no protective gear pressure washing the side walk blowing that crap all over the place - on their shoes and pants to which I am sure they will be wearing home. Meanwhile, you got some woman walking right on it tracking it to where ever she's going. Not to mention it's been there since Sunday, no telling who walked through it or what dog came up and ate it! Dallas is really dropping the ball...but it's starting to seem like someone knew that.
edit on 2-10-2014 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   

I seen that too on MSNBC and thought the exact same thing...why was there no PPE at all? This seems highly unprofessional in my opinion. I worked a hazardous waste clean up job for a short stint and we always had at least smocks and face shields.
edit on 2-10-2014 by ParanoidAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Here in the US, we are not used to diseases like this. AIDS, Swine Flu, etc, we know. But Ebola? We have No Experience and these cleaning guys just don't have a clue what they're dealing with. We are too cocky that our "advanced Western medical system" will lick this with no sweat. And that will be our down fall. We won't take this seriously enough till it's spread far and wide, people dropping left and right, then there will be Panic.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Either the CDC was caught flat-footed (unaware) with this latest business or there are political reasons behind what is or isn't being done. As I've said elsewhere, I think the Dallas case is being used as a test case (lab rats). The intent being to discover the extent of how Ebola reacts to American society.

Understand that one researched report found that in Africa one infected person was only responsible for infecting one or two other people with the average statistic being 1.5 infections delivered to others. If that is a valid number, then Ebola will not develop into a raging killer disease in the US.

We should hold off on how great our concerns need be until we learn how many people of his family, friends and airplane passengers, etc. develop the disease from contact with him. Some in the family may bet get hit, we can probably count on, but if randomly infected people start coming out of the woodwork, then, folks, we've got a problem.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: gatorboi117

I found this from CNN an interview with the Ebola patient's girlfriend via phone about the conditions of the apartment she is talking about the vomit/sweaty sheets are still on the bed and the girlfriend took the towels and placed them in a plastic bag. The loop back you seen must have been from something else because all that crap is still in the apartment! link
edit on 2-10-2014 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
lol, that pic isn't as bad as it looks.

In all reality it doesn't take much to clean up a guy a water tank, preferably w disinfectant....

The spots they know a communicable person was doesn't disturb me, you don't need a hazmat suit either really, a fogger and wipe down w bleach, plastic wrap and dispose of personal items clothes etc, you can do it safely w/o a mask even and very cheaply, no et suits...

It's where you don't know the guy has been, "I was on the bus Tuesday" what bus? The toilet in some place he touched the handle that never gets mentioned and the handle is a perfect 37 F....

You could safely move into this guys apartment with a few buckets of Bleach a half dozen cans of lysol, pair of gloves...

It's the guy on the corner he gave a dollar to that he forgot to mention.... That's the real concern

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
and not to mention that woman walking by nonchalantly like nothing's going on, stepping into the runoff... *gag*

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

And we are sending people to Africa to "teach them" how to control this virus? We want to do that to "ensure" it gets under control, and doesn't spread globally? We are the ones to do that?

This has been buggered up since day one. That woman of patient Zero still in her apt. with no food, little to no contact with CDC (who promised they would be treated "humanely", and yet the dirty linens and towels are still in the apt.?

"We" are all talk. We don't know what the hell we're doing. Now after this, they might be on top of things (with the next case, and there will be a 'next case') having learned from the mistakes here. God knows they have plenty of mistakes to learn from.

Oh, did you guys see that 13 states have recently undergone training to completely learn how to deal with an Ebola case? They are the experts.

The bad news.......... Texas is one of the states that was trained.

Hell's Bells.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

The bad news.......... Texas is one of the states that was trained.

Well, crap.

Some of these things just seemed like common freaking sense too. Like don't make a number of people stay in an Ebola infested apartment... Use PPE even if you're "positive" it's dead. Don't let people from Liberia in the country... When someone with a high fever that recently traveled from Liberia shows up don't turn them away. Quarantine ambulance drivers. WTF Texas.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: gatorboi117
I've been trying to find a picture or video all day, but no luck. But here is what I saw:

CDC looking into whether Ebola patient lied on health forms

Scroll down to the video and about 58 seconds in you get to see him cleaning it up.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Well Gee! Thanks for the stars guys, didn't see that coming!

Now, does anybody want to get me started on the Secret Service? That's really got me having a hissy fit..... lol.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
Well Gee! Thanks for the stars guys, didn't see that coming!

Now, does anybody want to get me started on the Secret Service? That's really got me having a hissy fit..... lol.

Do the proper research and bring another good thread here. Honestly, hissy-fits have no more significance anymore. # hit the fan, and is headed straight for our foreheads, and chin, and breasts. And back.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join