It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you love God, or do you love Satan?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Diderot

Nicely done.

I personally cheer for the bad guys in the movies.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I haven't even read the thread yet but off the bat I can answer proudly, I love Eris Kallisti Discordia my goddess and my devil, lady chaos and bearer of the Sacred Chao!

Hail Eris!

All hail discordia!!

But seriously kids, its a game. Just play, have fun and do your damndest not to die. Dig? I'm not saying good and evil don't exist but they are just polarities on a scale with shades and shades of grey in between. I'm not saying your gods and devils don't exist, they might, what I'm saying is that it really doesn't
matter!

Kallisti
edit on Cpm11Thursday4520142631Thu, 02 Oct 2014 23:45:26 -05002014 by CagliostroTheGreat because: cannot abide a typo

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Do your convictions reveal the inferiority of your skeptics?

Not at all. And If I were looking for inferior skeptics?
I certainly wouldn't be hang'n around here. The skeptics on
this site know their ###T. So are you joking with that question
or what? If anything their to damn smart for their own good.
They can't understand how we aren't the end all highest intel
in existence. While others like myself understand that we couldn't
possibly be the sharpest knife in the kitchen drawer. And unless
we had help mankind wouldn't have made it past puberty. And
there in lies the problem. God is the highest order of being in
existence. I see no impossibility that any puny man can point to
concerning such. And everyone who claims there is no God, as if
they know it to be a fact?

Looks really lame to me.

"The fool says in is heart there is no God, then comes death, then judgement."

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

What a title. Revel in the cacophony of life. ;p

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: thesmokingman

To you as well my friend

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Nechash
Hey Nechash: I think you raise an important point, here:

In the complexities of the real world, I doubt binary mutually exclusive dilemmas are the state of reality.

It is almost as if God and Satan have become memes, and the concepts are used simply to manipulate. Once you accept that the Bible is good and sacred, that the God it represents equates good, then it's necessary to believe that Satan and the evil force is just as real. You are required then to declare yourself and your intentions….whom do you identify with. Once you declare yourself aligned with either, you are then "on the hook," so to speak, and required to make further judgements. At that point, it's pretty easy to manipulate the situation to "flip" you into whatever it is you reject. Naming and pointing at the monster very easily then turns you into one.

This thread is an example of that theory in practice.
To the OP:

To those enthralled by the inerrancy of their beliefs, I would ask,

Would you explain further what that actually means?
Thanks.
tetra

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: tetra50

The way that I read it, the OP is asking, is self-righteousness able to expose another's faults?...From my side of the debate I say, a resounding, NO!

For, try as I may, what I know to be absolute, I am unable to conjure the words to describe how I know...

And, when I consider that God, Himself, has hardened the heart of man, so as to keep him from seeing and hearing the Truth, I must concede that it is not my duty to convince any skeptic. Nor, to understand the intricacies of His ultimate plan.

edit on 10/3/2014 by GoOfYFoOt because: punctuation

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Neither exist so what's the point!

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
A better question is; Will you support God Or Satan ?

Will you support God' Kingdom, or not ?
A no answer puts us accidentally in the other camp.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
There is a third choice -

Choice A - love God.
Choice B - love Satan.
Choice C - love neither and just put up with them both.

hmmmm .....

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   

The wayward soul that fails to glorify and praise God, must surely bow to the will of Satan.

Bull #...

As Bob Dylan said, “We must serve somebody.”

...and double bull #.
edit on 3-10-2014 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
If they were the same guy, with split personality disorder.

Then this is gonna be a complicated relationship.
edit on 3-10-2014 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Diderot

Yes, this question is outrageous. But for some, this life on Earth is a battle between virtue and evil. The wayward soul that fails to glorify and praise God, must surely bow to the will of Satan. As Bob Dylan said, “We must serve somebody.”

But there are those of us who cherish and embrace the majesty of Nature, and who recoil at the accusation of evil. We are borne of and nurtured by Gaia and the hallowed Earth.

Evil by any measure is a blasphemy of the virtue of family and community and love.

since they are both mythical beings thought up thousands of years ago....I don't believe in either...however, I do believe in "bad people" and "good people"...both should be individually held responsible for the actions they take toward others. it's time to stop blaming someone or something else.
edit on 3-10-2014 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
All hail Lucifer the light bringer he who comes soon to end the tyranny of organized religion an unforgiving God and eliminate the superstitions of man.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

The wayward soul that fails to glorify and praise God, must surely bow to the will of Satan.

Bull #...

...and double bull #.

What is Bull hashtag? And please don't say exactly one half of double bull hashtag...

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: thesmokingman
I agree.

Bob Dylan is an enigma to me. The worst singer that I've ever heard, yet, he gets praise. Sort of like Clapton gets called "god", yet, he is, at best, an average blues player. But Bob Dylan......he can serve whomever he wants to, just leave me out of it. Didn't that nut Dylan admit that he sold his soul to the devil on video? I guess we know who he serves. Maybe I'll serve Mickey Mouse? Or Donald Duck? yeah

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Jesus taught us to love our enemies (Matthew 5:44) and to resist not evil, but turn the other cheek (Matthew 5:39).

Satan means "adversary"; and If we actually follow this advice then the adversary/enemy would not be able to trick us into hatred and being our enemy/adversary would be pointless.

The enemy/adversary (satan) wants you to be hateful, that's the whole point of being an enemy/adversary. It requires hatred in order to exist.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: GoOfYFoOt

originally posted by: TzarChasm

Bull #...

...and double bull #.

What is Bull hashtag? And please don't say exactly one half of double bull hashtag...

i figured i would jump ahead of the censor curb...but i fixed it now. if you want to quote my post you will see the uncensored version. not that i am convinced for even a second your dumb enough to have to ask that question.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: Diderot

Yes, this question is outrageous. But for some, this life on Earth is a battle between virtue and evil. The wayward soul that fails to glorify and praise God, must surely bow to the will of Satan. As Bob Dylan said, “We must serve somebody.”

But there are those of us who cherish and embrace the majesty of Nature, and who recoil at the accusation of evil. We are borne of and nurtured by Gaia and the hallowed Earth.

Evil by any measure is a blasphemy of the virtue of family and community and love.

since they are both mythical beings thought up thousands of years ago....I don't believe in either...however, I do believe in "bad people" and "good people"...both should be individually held responsible for the actions they take toward others. it's time to stop blaming someone or something else.

I don't believe that true believers, can, or do, place blame on anyone! If blame was due, should it not be levied against the Lord, Himself? We are ALL his creations...

No. I think we were made to prove a point to the angel of light! For even without "proof" of God, a vast number of us, still can sense His supreme existence. And, we yearn for the time when we will be able to fully comprehend His plan for us. And, receive our eternal reward!

I am sincerely aware of His still, small voice, that reminds me that my impure thoughts are not my own. And, have been deposited into the human consciousness from the beginning! It is my duty to cast them off! And, I praise Him for that ability, with no more than a desire to do so! For I believe that there is no difference between "good people and bad people". We are ALL born in sin! But, with the ability to commit a sinful act against our God and fellow man, we also have a choice! And, I think that is what the OP would like us to consider...

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

It was merely an attempt at humor! I'm truly not the "religious zealot" I've been accused of being...

And, dumb? No... Although I can be a dumb-a##, according to my wife... And, occasionally dumb-founded, but....Yeah.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join