It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you love God, or do you love Satan?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Max_TO
a reply to: thesmokingman

So then, would it be fair to assume that the soul purpose of your original post was to discredit the OP by crying fairytale?

No. It would be fair to assume that I was answering a question posed to me? Would it be fair to assume that my answer hurt your feelings?

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I gave "Bob" my 20 bucks. I have my seat reserved on the escape vessel of the sex goddesses.
Eternal salvation or triple my money back.
I see some of those other characters around town, but they really don't ever have much to say.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   

And he loves you!

link   
OMG people ...

I comment on a post by a person not only named after a fictional character but also who chose an avatar after that same fictional character who claims to not love fictional characters in an attempt to discredit the OP.

I than make my observational comment on so mentioned fictional characters avatar and the person then edits there post to add more content then proceeds to insight a cry fest ...

link   
One cannot ride the fence in this matter...For in Revelations 3:15,16 it says, "15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. 16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spew thee out of my mouth."

And for those who worship nature and the earth, These things belong to satan...Matthew 4:8 "Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;
9 And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.
10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and Him only shalt thou serve."

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   

There in lies the problem, the OP was not a question asked to you, it was asked to people whom believe either God or Satan .

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: GoOfYFoOt

Ah, but there is a difference between worshipping nature and the earth and saying that nature is evil. The evil here is that you are putting something on the pedestal that should be reserved for God. Worship God, not his creation.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   

And, 30 minutes later the prediction comes true...

Just let people worship what they want to worship. Can we do that without labeling every single person who is not a damn christian as a satanist fencewalking evil doer?

Wasn't there another part in the bible about being the first to cast a stone? If there is only One who can judge us, wouldn't be more peaceful to keep your religious beliefs to yourself, and respect others enough to allow them to do the same? Self rightousness and zealotry are very unbecoming.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: AnonyMason

The original OP was about trying to contrast virtue and nature. It seemed to call nature itself as evil.

I was actually calling the poster out by pointing out that again nature isn't evil even in his example, and so my position still holds.

Nature simply is.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Dear tadaman, you present a feast of delectable morsels. Let's go with this:

"If you are one to embrace one side or the other you WILL end up in imbalance that will spiral out of control. Honest people make mistakes. Dishonest people lose their minds from not understanding their evil and flip like a coin. Its all they know."

Yes, dishonest people tend to lose their minds (or at least their souls).

Sometimes we reveal our pathology, but we are mostly decent souls who deserve respect and compassion.

It is not a question of forgiveness, but of enrichment of the Human family.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
If satan is real, and he is the serpent from the garden, Lucifer, the lightbringer. Realistically?, fictionally? speaking he gave us consciousness, right from wrong. Good from Evil. Where would we be without said figure. Mindless sim's? Doing anything and thinking its good?

I believe in my higher power. The best version of myself who knows everything and all the answers, and when He speaks, I listen.

Do i blame satan when I can't hear him?... No because obviously i'm distracting myself mentally with television games or anything else I don't really need in my life. And not focusing on my spirituality, and love for self and others.

So.....

Yeah...

Satan if real wouldn't really be a bad guy.

Just the radical individual who was like... these people should be able to know. "activists"

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Max_TO

There in lies the problem, the OP was not a question asked to you, it was asked to people whom believe either God or Satan .

Funny thing....YOU have not yet answered the OP. You have 5 or 6 posts(attacks really), and have yet to come anywhere close to answering the OP's question. Troll someone else and stay on topic

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I was reffering to another member's post. Yours got a star from me

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Regardless of to what or whom they currently pledge their allegiance...
Romans 14:11 "For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God."

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   

True, thank you for pointing that out .

In my humble opinion , and that's all this is..
A person who believes in God would be the first to see the errors of their ways and would be the last to ever point their judgmental finger at another .

No one is better than anyone else based on what they think they believe or understand .

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Some make the choice for Truth, Justice, Loving Kindness, Temperance, and Fortitude.

Some make a choice for Mammon--money, wealth--and worldly pleasure.

Most muddle about trying to figure out which way is up.

Some genetics make the above choices more/less likely, as do different environments.

edit on 10/06/2013 by Tusks because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnonyMason

Wasn't there another part in the bible about being the first to cast a stone? If there is only One who can judge us, wouldn't be more peaceful to keep your religious beliefs to yourself, and respect others enough to allow them to do the same? Self rightousness and zealotry are very unbecoming.

Plus, you should read the whole passage about the stone.

It was a part where the Pharisees sought to trap Christ by bringing out a woman who had done wrong, and according to the law, she did deserve to be stoned. Now, the Pharisees felt sure that Christ would do something so they could accuse Him of wrongdoing, but He said nothing only waited until they demanded He answer them on the what the Law said they should do.

Christ knew they were trying to trap Him, so he finally answered them with the infamous line everyone loves. And he waited again. They finally left because they all knew they were trying to trick Him and being dishonest, not because they felt sorry for the woman or felt she should be forgiven.

That's when He also released her, but He also told her to sin no more because He knew very well that she had done what she was accused of doing.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnonyMason

And, 30 minutes later the prediction comes true...

Just let people worship what they want to worship. Can we do that without labeling every single person who is not a damn christian as a satanist fencewalking evil doer?

You do realize this is a religious forum don't you? Who the hell are you to tell someone in this forum to keep their beliefs to themselves?

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   

LOL

I love how random verses from the bible are thrown about with total disreagard for the thread topic.

** Moving on **

Good try OP, but this one's destined to end up like most religion topics around here.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Diderot

I agree with you. Its about enrichment. Its about growth.

I have seen "good" religious types do HELL evil. I have seen angry hell spawns do incredible acts of kindness.

If you are too good for others then you are thinking you are superior to them. More worthy. Thats pretty damn evil.

If you see that you can be as scummy and grimy as a bum on the street or a prostitute on the corner, then you see their worth when you treat them as well as a clean guy at Starbucks. Thats pretty good.

Honesty will show you the way.

If you really care you take us all, worts and all.

I sometimes think to this:
Wouldn't God forgive the Devil? Who else but God could outright and completely forgive the devil? (Judeo christian God and Devil)

Why would I not be able to forgive and treat a "devil" fairly? Why would I not be able to cast down and punish an Angel? The devil was the best angel...and god smacked him into hell...The devil outright tried to overthrow God and was allowed to continue existing....(all in the judeo christian sense)

so

Absolute good can be evil and deserve your worst. Absolute evil can be good and deserve your best.

Balance or oblivion I say.

edit on 10 2 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join