It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola: Do You Have A Plan?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: CaticusMaximus

I have a paintball gun, that i wanna make able to fire marbels!
I live in a house from 1859 so it is well made with big lumber!
Me And My girlfriend have Lots of cannisters locked away, And a small basement just in case.
I think we need to store Some more food And bottle up Some water, we need to buy Some gas masks, dish-rubber- gloves, i have My own vedgeable yard, where i grow Some of My own food, Lots of mice in our walls, that we can eat xD And 2 cats for companionship
not well prepared at all, but i think we'll be aight!

Peace

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 03:17 AM
link   
My plan would be my standard pandemic plan:

Call in sick with backache, so I won't be forced to work on the infected.
Stay at home.
Lock doors and pretend nobody is home.
Remove "Doctor" sign off front door - will not take visits.
Keep up to date with what is happening, and play it by ear.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thatthing

I have a paintball gun, that i wanna make able to fire marbels!

oh hell yeah.
that would be the best thing ever...

imagine how bad it would hurt if you got rocked in the head with a flying marble?
nice man

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Biotech2024

originally posted by: Biotech2024
a reply to: gatorboi117

So in 6 months how many people will be infected worldwide?

If projections are correct 500 million people in 6 months will be infected. How do we as a individual/family handle something like this?

1. Financial markets will crash, those with the most knowledge will sell derivatives to capitalize on it. So watch what the smart money is doing. The markets may tip you off about the impending future.

Markets have lost significant ground since Ebola news of patient in USA infected with the virus. Also Spain is experiencing its own issues regarding Ebola containment.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
We live out in the boonies. We have a lot of natural resources here which makes it easier. We have a lot of food. (My spouse was unemployed & we went through a ton of food before having to do real shopping. Things were very tight & having the food on hand made life way easier.) We've been stocking up again on food. I'm at Sam's club every other day it seems.

We'll be getting more masks, gloves, bleach. I will be stocking up on more essential oils to make thieves oil, I will be purchasing more colloidal silver, more toiletries, & food herbs & homeopathic remedies that are said to be excellent antivirals.

One big thing to remember - any dental work you've been putting off - get it done now so it doesn't become a huge issue later. (Think Cast Away).

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: nerdyclutzyblonde

Great advice. I've been putting off my dentist visit for a while. Probably pointless though. If SHTF my family and I are almost guaranteed to be screwed. We live right near a major city. None of us have survival skills. We have no weapons or training with weapons. We have no stockpiles of food or water.

I've brought this up before and my very frugal thoughtful and responsible father said, (quite rightly I think) that if anything I'm saying happens we're just screwed. He's probably correct right? I'm deep deep inside a large metro area where heavy traffic is near constant on good days.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45
a reply to: nerdyclutzyblonde

Great advice. I've been putting off my dentist visit for a while. Probably pointless though. If SHTF my family and I are almost guaranteed to be screwed. We live right near a major city. None of us have survival skills. We have no weapons or training with weapons. We have no stockpiles of food or water.

I've brought this up before and my very frugal thoughtful and responsible father said, (quite rightly I think) that if anything I'm saying happens we're just screwed. He's probably correct right? I'm deep deep inside a large metro area where heavy traffic is near constant on good days.

What you have to look for is the proximity of cases to you. And understand the probability of contacting surfaces that have Ebola on them. Imagine trying to do this with the common flu or trying to protect yourself from it. If cases start appearing in close proximity.

- What are the chances the groceries you buy have been touched by someone with Ebola..?
- What are the chances the gas pump has been touched by someone with Ebola..?
- what are the chances your haircut that you get at local chain, all their equipment isn't laced with Ebola..?

etc...

The spread permutation is endless. I would argue that in our modern society Ebola can spread much faster than in West Africa. Ebola will acquire a critical mass, where someone is infected and doesn't tell anyone and just spreads it on public surfaces. That is why behind the scenes preparations have been made for mass casualties.

If you can account for everyone infected, than the spread permutation is diminished significantly. Flu season is approaching and how do you determine what you have isn't just the flu/Ebola. How many of us are in denial about the ramifications.

How do you prevent that taxi driver who has 2 other jobs and has to support 8 kids not continue to work when he shouldn't. That is why the financial markets are selling off. The smart money and think tanks are already positioning to try to capitalize or survive the future.

Many of us don't want to look silly in public practicing severe contact/Universal Precautions. But it may be the norm to see people gloved up and wearing masks in public.

My background is biochemistry/virology/healthcare. Viruses with Ebola's parameters are going to change how we live.

Chris

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Ebola: Do You Have A Plan?

Step 1: Don't get Ebola!

Seriously, I tend to already steer clear of anyone with flu-like symptoms. So my "Ebola" plan is to simply try and not ever expose myself to it.

Step 2: If I get ANY Ebola like symptoms, I will insist they test me (and lie about being in Africa and kissing many African people who were coughing at the time, so they go ahead with the tests).

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   

> As soon as the cases hit my area (Tallahassee),
> that's when I'll be staying home. As such, I'm
> saving up money to afford that.

You are staying home. So will millions of workers do. The consequence is that all food production halts, transportation halts and shops are closed. And, consequently, money is worthless.

You have to put your savings in food instead of money!

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: veikko

As soon as those millions of workers stop working the economy will collapse. Martial law comes into place and you are forced to work. Your savings in food will be confiscated to feed the police and army.

If you don't have enough space for savings in food, then continue saving into silver. When there is no more hideouts for silver, continue saving into gold.

What ever form of savings you decide to collect, it must be hidden from the military – and also from rioting people who take anything they find at hand.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: veikko

> As soon as the cases hit my area (Tallahassee),
> that's when I'll be staying home. As such, I'm
> saving up money to afford that.

You are staying home. So will millions of workers do. The consequence is that all food production halts, transportation halts and shops are closed. And, consequently, money is worthless.

money is not only worthless, but if SHTF with this type of scenario, then it should be AVOIDED at all costs...talk about easy exchange of surface space! also, ive been to tallahassee and would hate to be there during a pandemic if there were one. that town feels like a giant fishbowl, no offense. and this is coming from a native floridian!
edit on 13-10-2014 by PFIscott because: i hate not spelling things right!

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: gatorboi117

originally posted by: MinangATS
Being here in Jakarta, Indonesia, I must say Ebola, is not on the radar. I only saw a small notice at the airport ticket counter last week. Unless I turn on the CNN news or read ATS, I would not hear about it at all. People here are more concerned with Malaria, Dengue fever, and Gastrointestinal illnesses.

Be careful over there! I understand that you do have very real and present diseases to worry about at the moment, but remember that Ebola spreads primarily through bodily fluids!

If the disease were to pop up there, it would definitely not end well. Sanitation in India is very poor, as you know. I heard on NPR last night that only 50% of Indians use a toilet, although that statistic may be wrong.

Just be careful!

Oh Lord! Please educate yourself...Indonesia is not India.
You're saying "In India, sanitation is very poor".
Honey, the poster is in Jakarta, on the island of Java, in the Indonesian archipelago, not on the subcontinent of India.
Oh welI, I guess, being brought up in Tallahassee, Florida, one might give you a little slack, seeing that they don't give you geography lessons there, nor much else to help you be well informed on much of anything regarding wordly affairs.
And what's with the firearms?
Who are you planning to shoot?
Is Ebola an out of control predator that's planning to run after you and attack your home?
Talk about ignorance!

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   

My third strategy is to save in human capital; to save in social relations. – To presume that you can not survive alone.

Create yourself groups and join with same minded people; groups that have various skills to survive in the post-ebola world. The group can have farmers to support food, hunters with guns to support security, estate owners to support shelter, etc. – What is your special skill to to offer for the group?

It is good idea to create these groups BEFORE the panic hits because during the worst panic there is a lot of groups available but their reason is to cheat newcomers out of their supplies. – How do you know who can be trusted and who not?

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

There are already a lot of groups, groups that have survived for centuries, from wars and oppression: Charity organisations. Join one now.

If you find a group that satisfies your needs as a human entity, you get one advantage: If your strategy fails (for any reason) and you die, you die for a good reason.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
If there's a pandemic, I'm a goner since the person I live with is gregarious and not real hygienic. I suppose I could flee to the countryside, but I'd probably die of starvation or get shot by a survivalist.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Yup, bus 142.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Homes will need DECON ZONE.. What is everyone's decontamination zone protocol/procedure like?

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 02:00 AM
link   
First let me say that you people are crazy. This ebola panic is unfounded and downright silly.

However, I do believe in being prepared for anything and since I live in an earthquake prone area I definitely think it's a good idea to be able to take care of yourself and your family in an emergency.

Since I live in a rather quiet rural area my plan in any emergency will be to hunker down and wait for calm and order.

My supplies are as follows.

Plenty of canned and non perishable food. I also bought two survival dehydrated food kits with 110 meals each and a shelf life of 25 years.

Plenty of bottled water and a 55 gallon bpa free rainwater capture barrel. Water purification tablets and Lifestraws for the family.

Fuel for fires. We have plenty of wood if necessary.

Firearms and ammunition. I have enough to stop anything or anyone intent on harming me or my family. Including a large supply of hunting ammunition if necessary.

Medical supplies, gloves goggles, disinfectant, vitamin supplements as well as first aid instructions, books on local edible plants, candles, flashlights, etc.

One thing I do need is a good alternate power source battery/crank radio. Maybe one of you loons could recommend one?

I also like the idea of small game traps as mentioned by someone earlier. I think I will pick dome up.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Should I buy a hand gun at a gun show? Or will it just get taken away if we go to marshall law.
A gun in case of looters.

I've been training with a blow gun and recurve bow, but I'm not sure if that will be silly. At least I could use them for hunting.
edit on 26-10-2014 by trenchcoatpanda89 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-10-2014 by trenchcoatpanda89 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join