It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola: Do You Have A Plan?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   
My family started prepping years ago. We have food supplies to last several years (half ton of it is dehydrated), we have survival gear including a very nice water purifier and a small, portable, hand cranked washer. We have a place to go where there is a flowing water. We have stocked up on medicines and hygiene products. We have saved enough cash to take care of what few bills we still have; we got rid of all of our credit debt years ago. I'm sure there is more we should do and hopefully get it done in time.

Hopefully nothing major comes of this, but it is always better to be safe than sorry.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Considering I'm already prepper of sorts I have quite a few things that need updated, or purchased. Figured to share, my ever growing list of disease pandemic prepping:

Ebola Preparedness List

General prepper supplies: such as;
Non perishable food supplies; beans, rice, lentils, canned proteins, etc.
Clean water source/ purifiers/storage of water

First aid measures:
Medicines, OTC pain and allergy meds
Bandages, splints
Ointments/ bag balm
Tampons, not only for us gals but can plug large(such as bullet) wounds.

Personal care:
Clean garments- socks... socks... socks... can't expressive socks anymore.
Supply of hygiene products
Winter clothes, or other weather specific

Getting out the city or populated areas:
Info on areas, state parks vs Federal or other land for what benefits you most
Camping gear, and or mobile camper
Candle power, battery power, generators, solar power
Travel/ emergency BOB
Toiletry needs/ parks require a shovel and bucket if no outhouses available
Cooking/ propane, coals, lighter fluid, portable stoves,
Food see above
Propane, gas storage(fill tanks of any vehicles, campers have extra gas room)
Binoculars
Maps- knowing the area, access where to escape or where people will come in at.
Heat sources for cold areas, wood, propane, fire pit(bricks safe area to burn) etc, etc.
Shower facilities, shower bag

General Protection:
Protection suits
Gloves
Respirator masks, instead of just only medical face masks(for if coming into contact with a coughing sneezing person suspected of Ebola)

Decontamination:
Bleach and wash off shoes and
Wash hands- Hospital grade soaps to wash hands with after being out in public
Have a bleach pad(contained in a clean litter box or similar) at every door entry way to the inside.- kill the disease if your shoes tracked body fluids.
Change of clothes, safety suit handy for certain areas more exposed
Duct tape and plastic(extra caution with heed of warning it could become airborne/ or in caution from infected people nearby-spread in air by coughing)

Mob* protection:
Firearms
Knives
Bows/ crossbows
Ammo

*Those in search of food, shelter or fear of infection who are invading your area with hostility and possible intent to loot, attacking you, etc.
edit on 3-10-2014 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Excellent list.

One other thing I like to keep for back up for the back up is a large zip lock bag full of dryer lint with a box of matches.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Almost forgot, be sure to stock up on L-Lysine tablets. They help speed up the healing process like crazy. I normally take two to three weeks to heal from minor scratches, with the L-Lysine I healed from my surgeries and radiation burns in one week each time. The doctors were worried because of my health that I would have troubles healing, when they saw me a week after the first cancer surgeries they said I healed better than someone of normal health. You would have thought I had been healing a long time. The radiation burn was severe enough to leave scars, but I healed from the burns in one week and that too looked as though I had been healing for a long time.

L-Lysine promotes tissue growth. One tablet a day to heal the incisions and two a day for the radiation burns. It's worth having on hand and only cost around $5 for 100 tablets.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: gatorboi117

"They say death smiles at us all.
All a man can do is, smile back."

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   

What is my plan?

The same as it always is.

To Live! Until I die.

ps..nice phishing expedition, getting everyone here to spill their plans, tell you and anyone else reading this what is in their pantry/BOB. I am quite surprised at the level of trust that posters on this 'conspiracy' site / tabloid level news site place in each other.

Truly surprised.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: occrest

Why wouldn't we help each other? We're not competing for the last piece of food on the planet.

I haven't given out the location of where I will go. I haven't said I have a basement full of endless supplies and food. I don't but I will ensure I have enough to last a few weeks and even then no one will know unless I say who I am and where I live. No one has provided any info that one couldn't find online or in any book. I HOPE everyone (let's say worst case scenario) makes it and all is well.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Thankyou for posting such a detailed list! I love this site, you guys don't think people that are prepping are crazy/paranoid! anyone i mention this too that i know is like 'whats ebola' or 'it wont come here don't be silly' , i live in Australia so it is not here yet but it's only a matter of time until it pops up. People said the same about swine flu until it got here and people started losing their lives to it, why not be on the safe side.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: occrest

What is my plan?

To Live! Until I die.

ps..nice phishing expedition, getting everyone here to spill their plans, tell you and anyone else reading this what is in their pantry/BOB. I am quite surprised at the level of trust that posters on this 'conspiracy' site / tabloid level news site place in each other.

Truly surprised.

Did you ever think that maybe instead of being crazy hermits if anything bad does happen, people want to work together and band together? Studies have shown that people are actually more likely to bond together and help each other in times of distress rather than go all crazy and Book of Eli up in here. So just adjust your tin foil hat abit more and hug your alien plushie extra tight.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: occrest

Theres nothing wrong with telling people our plans and i highly doubt that was the OP's intentions with this thread, sharing our plan can also help stregthen it because if someone see's a flaw in it they can point it out and maybe suggest an alternative, it will also give other people an idea of what to do if it becomes a big issue in their area, they will have somewhere too look and see what they may or may not need, and of ideas where to go etc. I hadn't even thought of stocking up on meds until i read the post that dreamingawake did with the extensive list, and like ccseagull said we aren't giving out locations on where we may go or where we live so i don't really see an issue..

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Truly surprised.

Yeah... because you know who all the members are and where they live? Give me a break.
People here are trying to help each other get prepared for themselves!
"Spilling their plans"... I didn't see anyone being specific about location. I don't see your (snarky) point.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   

What is my plan?

To Live! Until I die.

Truly surprised.

I have said it before and I will say it again.

If you think you can, then come get it. I can use your supplies also.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   
My plans are the same as always. We are always prepped for a three month in-house hunker-down. My next supply rotation is January, but I may move it up and rotate supplies early. It depends on what I see going on. I'd prep for more but our finances won't allow it.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: lakesidepark

fck the bills when the sthf.... just call the supplier up and tell them that they shouldn't be worrying or caring about 'Bills being paid' at such times!!

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   
To the OP, about a year ago, I bought Lighters, Batteries and Candles, recently I've purchased Torches (small ones which will fit anywhere) and I do have Surgical Masks at the ready but may go and buy a proper Respirator Mask all depends if those wearing Respirator masks in the infected Country's contract Ebola, (in which case, it means they would be useless). I have a Cycle which i will use to get around and I won't need to worry about petrol as the gas is in my legs! With a Cycle I can cut down any little Alley or path if I need to get away in a hurry! I also have tools at the ready such as screwdrivers (which can also be used as a weapon) and I have a hammer (which can be used as a weapon). Spanners (can be used as a weapon). i have a radio which I've had for around 10 15 years (pocket sized). I have gloves & glasses (if needed)

Other than this, I will buy little treats to eat... like choc bars! Maybe Fruit sweets! I was thinking of digging a hole in my local Forest Area and burying bottles of water & Lucozade in it. I will also buy some more plasters!

Almost forgot... I have 'Stanley Knives' lots of them and one Kitchen Knife. Also a Spray cannister is a good idea (If anyone gets in close contact to me, i will first spray into their face and then do what needs to be done). Not only that but you can use it as a flame-thrower!!
edit on CDTFri, 03 Oct 2014 07:14:18 -05000000003107x118x1 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Ready for simply hilarious math?!

1- FEMA camps
2- UN's Agenda 21 / "population control"
3- In 2009 Obama signed an executive order (#13295) giving the government rights to detain American citizens with "respiratory illnesses"
4- Enter Ebola "outbreak"
5- The US government (CDC) has a patent on the Ebola virus (patent CA2741523A1)
6- FEMA to the rescue..?

Seriously people, relax. They're trying to herd you right into the fields of plastic coffins FEMA has been stocking up on for
years. While you're at it, google executive order #13603..
Relax, and kindly refuse their vaccines & FEMA "help", with your 2nd amendment rights.
Remember, the people who warned others of the concentration camps in Nazi Germany, were probably considered "conspiracy theorists" too
It's not to say that Ebola is a joke- just saying government aid is..
Why do they want this to keep spreading?
Governments seize colloidal silver being used to successfully treat Ebola patients.
According to the Natural Solutions Foundation (NSF), efforts to ship nanosilver into Sierra Leone have thus far failed. The organization has been trying to deliver a shipment of 200 bottles of nanosilver 10 ppm, and 100 tubes of nanosilver gel, to no avail. At this point, the shipment has been blocked and returned to the U.S. for the third time- leaving thousands to suffer needlessly.
Learn more:
www.intellihub.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: cleverhans
Mass hysteria and government taking control

And that's two things the USA seems good at.

The overreaction just on ATS is pathetic.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
It seems as tho i have touched a few nerves with my comment.

Let me clarify.

I couldn't care less about what people have done in order to prepare for worst case scenario. Not my business. I was merely stating an observation. There are entities monitoring these boards and their motives are less than honorable.

When i said i was surprised about the level of trust that people are placing in veritable strangers in this forum, that also was an observation. I mean no harm, do not plan to 'come at' anyone. It is heartwarming to me to see strangers coming together, pooling their knowledge and wisdom in order that someone, somewhere, may glean a little information on how to better prepare on a material level for what is to come. However, in these days of unrest and over-reaching "authority", where even the collection of rainwater can land you in jail, one has to exercise caution when conveying information to others.

edit on 3-10-2014 by occrest because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: MinangATS
Being here in Jakarta, Indonesia, I must say Ebola, is not on the radar. I only saw a small notice at the airport ticket counter last week. Unless I turn on the CNN news or read ATS, I would not hear about it at all. People here are more concerned with Malaria, Dengue fever, and Gastrointestinal illnesses.

thank you.. i said it to. people need to chill out. especially here on ATS. its sad

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I have been buying bottled water since Sofi began to bang the drums earlier this year. Recently I've added canned foods. I have a diabetic dog, and I have been stockpiling RL bags (there seems to be a shortage of Ringer's--which is incidentally used in Ebola cases) and IV tubing/needles. I've stocked his prescription food. I will continue to buy water and tinned food, as I don't want to be forced to go to the grocery if an outbreak hits our area.

Still...I don't think this is an end game--at least I am praying that it isn't. Though the situation in Dallas could spiral out of control, imho I believe that health officials will put a cap on it... despite astonishing incompetence and provided their info about Patient X and the timeline of his disease process is correct.However, Dallas is probably just the opening act for other clusters that will doubtlessly appear worldwide. Maybe the CDC will mobilize quicker and more competently next time; and maybe local good ole boys won't behave stupidly.

An expert on CNN said that Ebola 2014 is only a dress rehearsal for another, more virulent pathogen that will surely come our way (by "our" I mean everyman, everywhere). But the real danger will come in the aftermath, when civilization is off the rails, and canned ravioli will be like gold. No way to really prepare for that, not long term, right?
edit on 3-10-2014 by drwill because: need more coffee

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join