It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola: Do You Have A Plan?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Possible Ebola Patient in Salt Lake City
NBC Cameraman Infected - Being Transported to US
Ebola Patients in Kentucky
Ebola Patient in Dallas

There's no debating it: Ebola is slowly establishing a foot-hold in the United States.

Currently, the infections appear to be "contained". But it's only a matter of time until an infected individual fails to be contained, and the infection spreads further.

Ebola has the potential to be a game-changer on a global scale if it were to mutate to allow airborne infections. Once that happens, you'd better have a plan.

In fact, you may need to establish a plan now. Even if it does not mutate, it could become a major disaster if this fails to remain contained.

What are your plans so far?
Do you have supplies?
At what point will you remain home from work/school?
If things hit the fan, will you shelter in place, or bug out?

Currently, my plans remain to monitor the situation, and gather supplies at a slow/steady rate. I have bottled water, food, and sanitizer on hand. In addition, I'm keeping my gas tank at least half-full.
My next plans involve gathering disposable gloves, N95 masks, extra soap, more food/water supplies, and a firearm. Also, I want to upgrade the canisters for my gas mask, just in-case I need to go into an infected spot.

I work at a grocery store as a cashier, so I'm very exposed to the public. As soon as the cases hit my area (Tallahassee), that's when I'll be staying home. As such, I'm saving up money to afford that.

Depending on how things go, I'll decide whether or shelter in place, or bug out. If things stay calm, I may stay where I am. But, if things get sketchy, I have a wonderful retreat lined up.

These are good things to have in order at all times, but Ebola gives a pressing reason to get ready NOW.

So, what have you done to prepare?
edit on 2-10-2014 by gatorboi117 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: gatorboi117

What are your plans so far?
Do you have supplies?
At what point will you remain home from work/school?
If things hit the fan, will you shelter in place, or bug out?

So, what have you done to prepare?

Good questions, and I was thinking about these earlier today.

So far, my plans are really just buy some jugs of water, preferably the 5 gallon ones, and possibly canned goods that do not need to be in the fridge. What I see as the biggest possible problem will not be Ebola, but mass panic/hysteria, which might result in looting (and empty stores). I may clean some of my guns, which havnt been used in a long time. Ammo is not a problem. Actually come to think of it, some more HP 30-30s would be nice. Talk about an exit wound....

If SHTF, honestly Ill be staying right where I am. I am a part of my home, as much as it is a part of me, and abandoning it prior to death is not an acceptable course of action to me personally.

And if I get Ebola... Im at peace with dying.

Those are my plans. Not very elaborate

edit on 10/2/2014 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: CaticusMaximus

Lock the gate.

Edit...... in Australia where guns aren't so easy to get hold off, I really wish I could get hold of one quickly.
edit on 2-10-2014 by option158 because: extra thoughts

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: gatorboi117
I've done nothing. Just trying to keep up with the news and if it gets nearer to my area then I'll plan.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   

You're absolutely right on the point of worrying about looting/rioting! I'm in a college town (Tallahassee, we have 40,000+ college students here), so I'm concerned for that as well!

I'm glad you have such an emotional bond with your home! That's truly a blessing. I'm renting out a cheapo apartment for students, so I couldn't care less what happens to this joint!

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gully
I've done nothing. Just trying to keep up with the news and if it gets nearer to my area then I'll plan.

I'd recommend getting a plan now. Even if you don't go out and physically do anything, it's very helpful to at least come up with a general idea of what you will do if the situation arises!

Better safe than sorry.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: option158

Lock the gate.

To add: shoot from afar and pass on the up-close wet work.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Being here in Jakarta, Indonesia, I must say Ebola, is not on the radar. I only saw a small notice at the airport ticket counter last week. Unless I turn on the CNN news or read ATS, I would not hear about it at all. People here are more concerned with Malaria, Dengue fever, and Gastrointestinal illnesses.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I have no plan. I do have two insurances one is a broad network too. But I know if ebola hits hospitals will be stressed, and I have a terrible immune system so I'm pretty much a goner. Maybe I'll look into my own personal plastic bubble haha

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: gatorboi117

originally posted by: Gully

I'd recommend getting a plan now. Even if you don't go out and physically do anything, it's very helpful to at least come up with a general idea of what you will do if the situation arises!

Better safe than sorry.

Thank you. Yeah, it couldn't hurt I guess, I'll give it some thought and continue to follow this thread for ideas.

+13 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Ebola doesn't worry me. Mass hysteria and government taking control is what really worries me.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   

I'm stocking up on antivirals. I keep plenty of healing foods and plants. I make my own tinctures and extracts. Food is easy, I grow and can most of my own stuff, but would stock up on dried foods. I would need a lot more water, but I don't like the idea of leaving water stored too long so I have a plan in place if I need large quantities fast.

I doubt that I will see a need for all of my survival skills to kick in any time soon, but it does give me good reason for practice runs.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: MinangATS
Being here in Jakarta, Indonesia, I must say Ebola, is not on the radar. I only saw a small notice at the airport ticket counter last week. Unless I turn on the CNN news or read ATS, I would not hear about it at all. People here are more concerned with Malaria, Dengue fever, and Gastrointestinal illnesses.

Be careful over there! I understand that you do have very real and present diseases to worry about at the moment, but remember that Ebola spreads primarily through bodily fluids!

If the disease were to pop up there, it would definitely not end well. Sanitation in India is very poor, as you know. I heard on NPR last night that only 50% of Indians use a toilet, although that statistic may be wrong.

Just be careful!

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
my first plan of action.... is have no fear.

my second plan of action... is never trust the media.

my third plan of action... colloidal silver ... baking soda.... vit. c and d

my forth plan of action... never take a vaccine.

my fifth plan of action ...... reiki.

i will not get ebola... just like i haven gotten.... bird flu, swine flu, aids, hep a b or c ...entrovirus, hunta virus.. or any other virus except flu...and cured that with colloidal silver....

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Witness2008

Sounds like you're way ahead of me! Whether for this crisis or another, you should be pretty good.

What antivirals are you stocking up on, and where do you get them?

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I'm already doing the food water thing but neither me nor anyone in my family can use a gun and legally acquiring one in my state is a year or two long process even if you have already proven through training programs to be capable of responsible ownership.

Living in one of the richest towns in the nation surrounded on either side by cities (we're actually right on the border with one city) if rioting and looting starts my town will be right in the crosshairs (just recently I caught a black kid rifling through my mom's car and this is normal). I'm just hoping that since there are so many of the 1% here they'll turn my town into a militarized fortress. Maybe we can move in with friends who live on the islands and peninsulas?

It's kinda late in the game to do proper preparations. I applaud you for trying but if you're only starting now I doubt you understand how hard living without societys conveniences is. I would suggest going to pepper websites. Those people have taken this scenario seriously for years.

The whole sanitizer/gloves thing is utterly futile. If things get as bad as we fear you can't avoid infection if you live in a populated area. The only people who will avoid it live in rural areas. Isolation is the only safe course. If you think washing your hands will save you from infection you're living in a dream world.

For the record it's clearly already airborne in any common sense of the word. It's only not airborne due to a scientific technicality. Nothing limited to direct fluid contact like NATURAL Ebola can spread this fast.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I have a plan but there are a lot of holes in it. The biggest hole is how to pay the bills while unemployed, as any plan to stay away from infected hordes includes not goinhg to work, and definitely not travelling - as I do constantly.

I will avoid airports like the plague (as it soon will be if they don't stop people from coming in from the affected countries); and with not only big E but the little E out there, and TB (and who knows what else Obama let in the southern back door), I treat everyplace like an airport now - opening doors with feet, staying away from people, no handshaking, and if I have an itch...I find somewhere to wash my hands first, just in case I touched something, or just suffer...no touching eyes or face. This may have to ramp up to gloves and mask soon just to go to the store.

Watching this carefully - in less than few weeks the rest of the CDC lies will be exposed. The lie about no chance of someone making it all the way here from there before being detected, and getting out into the general population, is already BLOWN TO HELL. In less than three weeks when the first wave of contacts are dying, the rest of the lies will fall. At that point people will start to panic elsewhere as they are beginning to in some areas of Dallas.

When cases start popping up in multiple major population centers will be the time to pull out and lock down. Have my own water supply, food stocks to last a while, and ways to generate power in case I can't pay bills and (or) services go down. FMLA may be applied so I can return to my job later - if later there is still my job to return to.

I fear this is the game changer the 'nutcases' (wise ones in retrospect) have been planning on for years. I feel like a fear-mongerer, but hearing all the CDC and public health authorities lie OVER and OVER again this week is scary. This is a lot worse than they are telling us and we have seen NOTHING yet.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I plan on adding some non perishables to the pantry and some meats and other meal items to my chest freezer. I will also make sure that I have essentials on hand to make it through at a minimum 21 days of possible quarantine.
Items good to stock up on that will always be used:

Toilet paper
Tissue
Feminine products
Basic Hygiene items (soap, shampoo, disposable razors, etc)
Basic medical supplies (Hydrogen peroxide, antibiotics, alcohol, bleach(for disinfecting), ibuprofen/acetaminophen, etc)
Water (3 gallons per person per day is the recommended amount)
Canned goods (things you will actually eat and able to cook with)
Dry foods (rice, cereal, beans, coffee, tea, etc)
Frozen foods (if you have a chest or deep freeze)

ETA: A few items that would also be good to have on hand. N95 masks, Nitrile gloves, hand sanitizers, common batteries, good flashlight/torch, candles, and an emergency band radio (preferably multi powered, crank/solar/battery). Weapons are obviously on an as needed/wanted, personal preference basis.

Being a little prepared never hurt anyone, it's the ones that are caught unprepared that will have the hardest time.

I also plan on sheltering in place if it comes right down to it.

edit on 10/2/2014 by SpaDe_ because: add items

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Great thread and topic... I was asking questions earlier today on a few other Ebola threads about prepping and what, if anything, were people doing???

I have very limited knowledge of the prepping world and the "do's & dont's" to follow... I am open to learning about the smart strategy to take. Not talking anything over the top, but food/water/weapon/batteries/flashlight/etc..... What I want to learn about is that etc.... the stuff I'm not thinking about for a bugout bag that should be a no brainer... I guess I should look into a medical kit now too... Maybe something for disinfecting water and fire building stuff...

I dunno... Any direction from ATS prepping/bugout experts would be nice...

I am one confused ATS'r here... haha

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   

We artisans love our gardens and kitchens, I'm prepared for anything.

Best antivirals in my opinion.....

Garlic, raw and lots of it, one of natures best medicines. I like the results I get from Olive Leaf extract, Oil of Oregano, and Turmeric. The oils and extracts can be gotten in capsule form, but eating the garlic raw everyday will build a good long term resistance to a lot of nasty bugs. I keep a large supply of tea tree oil just in case I get direct exposure to something, then add several drops to a humidifier and breath that in off and on for a couple of days. Pathogens hit our nose, mouth and eyes, then they are in. Tea tree oil is another one of those natural wonders.

Most health food stores carry the oils and the extracts, and there are many more than I have listed. A little research and you'll find the ones that make sense for you.

S&F for your thread

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join