It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBC News freelance cameraman tests positive for Ebola in Liberia, is being flown back to US

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: halfpint0701

Two vaccines are been tested, one in Africa and the other one here in the US by Glaxosmith in Bethesda under control subjects. Both vaccines to be available as early as January 2015.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043
I think CDC failed. Dallas health officials failed. And we could be seeing the early stages of an outbreak on US soil, one that could segue into a pandemic.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

originally posted by: drwill
a reply to: kosmicjack
Dr. Freaky at the CDC

LOL! I am absolutely going to start calling him that.

As for the rest:

said we are all connected by the air we breathe. A loaded statement, imo.

It's honestly horrifying.

I'm starting to feel ill with shock and worry.

As long as the air we breathe right now is locally cool,
kosmic... I'll take a deep one and watch the posts.

The immune system is susceptible to, and compromised
with just stress. I'll worry about the stuff I can fix, and
whether or not I did enough. Some stuff like this world
class Charlie Foxtrot is more than enough to break my
plateful too... but not my spirit.

They can easily kill me, but they'll never have me again.

It just quietly comforts me to know a lot of creatures went
to a lot of conscious trouble to make all this look like a
natural, random occurrence. It didn't work.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: drwill

When I think of all the talking heads and experts on TV declaring we have a better way of dealing with this catastrophe then third world countries, ha, and I see how poorly it has been handled, I'm worried.

Hopefully we dodge this bullet this time, but it will continue I believe, unless they stop flights from infected areas, there just has to be stricter rules.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

You know is not going to happen, because is a big agenda behind this ebola "thing".

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777
You're right. We're looking down the barrel at Dallas-like scenarios in Chicago, NYC, Atlanta, LA, London, Paris, etc. In the meantime, tourist visas should be impossible to obtain.

edit on 2-10-2014 by drwill because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I think this guy was already in country for awhile & NBC hired him...not great news but it's not like he showed up on Tuesday & got it on Thursday.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Maybe NBC and any of the other news syndicates should be held liable when they are fully aware of the implications of their reporters infecting Americans with a deadly contagious disease.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   

"Mukpo came down with symptoms on Wednesday, feeling tired and achy. As part of a routine temperature check, he discovered he was running a slight fever. He immediately quarantined himself and sought medical advice. On Thursday morning, Mukpo went to a Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) treatment center to be tested for the virus. The positive result came back just under 12 hours later."

NBC News

Ok..let me try and get this straight. Mukpo the cameraman was HIRED on Tuesday and started having SYMPTOMS the next day.

We have been being told that Ebola takes 4 to 21 days for symptoms to manifest, yet Mukpo showed signs the day after he was hired. WTF?

Had he already been in Africa? If he was hired on Tuesday how does he start showing symptoms of infection the NEXT day?

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: KewlDaddyFatty

"Mukpo came down with symptoms on Wednesday, feeling tired and achy. As part of a routine temperature check, he discovered he was running a slight fever. He immediately quarantined himself and sought medical advice. On Thursday morning, Mukpo went to a Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) treatment center to be tested for the virus. The positive result came back just under 12 hours later."

NBC News

Ok..let me try and get this straight. Mukpo the cameraman was HIRED on Tuesday and started having SYMPTOMS the next day.

We have been being told that Ebola takes 4 to 21 days for symptoms to manifest, yet Mukpo showed signs the day after he was hired. WTF?

Had he already been in Africa? If he was hired on Tuesday how does he start showing symptoms of infection the NEXT day?

He's been over there for a few years.
Source

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Mr. Mukpo has arrived in Nebraska .
This is what his parents had to report:

“He’s enormously relieved to be here,” his mother, Diana Mukpo told reporters. “Of course, it’s still quite frightening, but he’s hanging in.” The patient’s father, Dr. Mitchell Levy, said he thought his son looked strong as he got off the plane and “gingerly waved to us” before paramedics in protective suits put him on a gurney. “His symptoms are not more advanced when I talked to him before he left,” he said, but added that they expect his condition to worsen at some point. Levy told NBC News his son will receive one of the experimental — or "investigational" — treatments for the virus.

Did you know that Ashoka Mukpo is also a Tulku - the ninth reincarnation of the Tibetan Lama Khamnyon Rinpoche?

It seems his mother Diana was married at age 16 to the Buddhist monk Chögyam Trungpa Rinpoche, who declared Ashoka to be a Tulku. But his biological father is Dr. Levy, mentioned in the quote above.

(image source at DailyMail link below)

Quite an interesting background this family has. Read more here (about halfway down the page).

I wish him a swift and complete recovery.

edit on 10/7/2014 by Olivine because: add a pic

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
This is apparently a photo of Mukpo being taken off the plane on a gurney and loaded into the ambulance. Anybody see anything wrong with this picture?

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ikonoklast

So when one of those unprotected people come down with it, will they then say that they should have had one of these:

?

I mean, it's not like they would use substandard equipment and protocols is it?
edit on 7-10-2014 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

When you consider that a nurse from Spain got it even though this is how they handled Ebola patients in Spain:

And then you contrast that to the photos of how we did it in Nebraska and (God help us...) in Texas, it will be a miracle if none of these cases turn into an outbreak in the USA.

I've been wondering if people are really this stupid or if it's intentional, but either way I guess the result will be more or less the same.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I'm still looking to figure out how this cameraman caught this disease. What was he doing prior to his being hired as a cameraman? Was he working with patients? family members?
After the announcement today of a health care worker in Dallas contracting this disease---will the CDC STOP bringing more of it to our health care facilities?
How about we put them in isolation on a ship at sea? We have at least a couple of ships designed to act as full hospitals. Other countries have these ships as well. So, why are they not being retro-fitted to fight this disease in a safe manner rather than trying to convert mainline hospitals into bio-containment facilities?

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Already? Two weeks in the hospital.

Freelance cameraman free of Ebola, can leave Nebraska hospital

Also saying Nina Pham is upgraded to "good" condition.

Both got blood from Brantly.

The importance of catching it early.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join