It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next Level BS #9: UK Anti-Extremist Crack Down, Islamic Atrocities, and the FBI is Sad.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+27 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Today, on Next Level BS, we take a hard and detailed look at new "Extremist Disruption Orders" the Tories claim will be put into law if they win the upcoming general election in the UK. Calling these new laws "draconian" is an extreme understatement. We walk you though key aspects of how these laws use the excuse of clamping down on ISIS, as a pretext to silence nearly all dissent. Because these laws invoke ISIS as the catalyst, we take a detailed look at some of the recent atrocities by Islamic extremists. Finally, keeping in a theme here, we show you how the FBI wants to treat every American citizen as a potential criminal, and how they feel that merely being concerned about privacy is placing ourselves beyond the law. Enjoy! Or not, this episode has some pretty scary stuff.

Share this video. Tell your friends. Expose the Next Level BS!

Follow Next Level BS on Twitter @theNLBS

Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Check us out on DailyMotion

Or, just go to the website: www.theNLBS.com

Next Level BS is a production of The Above Network, LLC, with the collaboration of AboveTopSecret.com. The views expressed in the videos, video comments, and social media pages of Next Level BS are those of the producers and host, and don't necessarily reflect the views of AboveTopSecret.com or The Above Network, LLC.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I wouldn't be too quick to actually believe the FBI lost their "back doors" !!!

They seem to talk in opposites.

Sounds like a "comfort zone" set up to me.

Both major political parties in the U.S. and U.K. are hell bent on stopping anybody who disagrees with them.

They hate the competition.

Authoritarianism is the name of their game.

edit on Oct-02-2014 by xuenchen because:

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: theNLBS

I am right there with you on the UK governments new stance on the issue of extremism. I am disgusted by the Conservative party attitude on this, because I believe that it is impossible for any one of the people who have publicly come out and said these insane things about how they want the law to work in the future, to be a patriot, and I believe that a certain level of patriotism should be a requirement for all members of parliament, and government.

I believe that these people, Theresa May and David Cameron included, have not a single bone in their body which contains any notion of, or respect for, the freedoms that we have in Britain, those things that make our nation unlike the nations from which many of our immigrant population came. This makes me furious, and I am sure that will help me not one jot if these laws are ever passed, but the truth is the truth.

I echo too, your sentiments regarding the need to get these increasingly far right political policies away from the leadership of our nation. Vote left, and correct this insane drift into totalitarianism!

Oh, and by the way, I loved your bait and switch, Saudi Arabia for ISIS move! Executed...yes I went there, with all the efficiency of a theocraticly justified firing squad!

edit on 2-10-2014 by TrueBrit because: Spelling and grammar correction.

edit on 2-10-2014 by TrueBrit because: Corrected grammar choice which upon reflection misrepresented my attitude toward certain issues.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Yeah, great video - agreed with the vast majority of it.......

And then he had to spout the Braveheart nonsense - credibility flew straight out the window at that point.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Good show this time, good points.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   

This is actually starting to scare me....

Good episode... very funny

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
And then he had to spout the Braveheart nonsense

We were experimenting with a concept we've heard can be effective in some cases. We've read a lot about it, and thought it'd be good time to give it a go. The concept I'm referring to is: humor.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Conveniently at someone else's expense - because we all know how American's tend to react when someone has the temerity to rip the piss out of them.

Maybe its me and I'm tired and being unusually overly serious, or maybe I'm still a bit raw after the recent referendum debates and countless Americans claiming long lost Scottish heritage no matter how tenuous and screaming 'Freeeeeedom' at every opportunity.

I thought the video was otherwise quite good and made some good points.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   

lmao. I love the passionate principled stance against tyranny. Warms my heart. Nice episode!

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
...countless Americans claiming long lost Scottish heritage...

In my case, it's not so long lost, and am very proud of it. My family traces back our lineage to the Aide De Camp for Robert the Bruce and we have a coat of arms and all that. I also help a Scottish conservatory near the town with our family name by owning a few small plots and donating every year (it's not one of those scam conservatories just to get a "Lord" in front of your name).

I really am saddened by the outcome of the referendum.
edit on 2-10-2014 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Ah now, let's not get into the Scotland debate again? I for one am happy that all the tribes of the Britons still march in the same column. In my blood they are united, and I hope that they remain so long after my death. The thought of a sundered Britain makes my heart break in two. United we must defeat these Tory bastards at the ballot box, and vote out their vile, tyrannical influence. When we do, we will feast around a shared table of joy.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Q: Who gets to classify who is an "extremist", Oh that's right I forgot - the government does the classifying. That's convenient.

I hope they lump NSA, FBI, CIA, DHS, politicians, thug rogue mentally unstable cops and public servants in that categorization because therein lies the best extremists tax money buys (whether you want it or not)

Yours sincerely,

An extremist.

Pfft

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
Q: Who gets to classify who is an "extremist", Oh that's right I forgot - the government does the classifying. That's convenient.

That's right. Under these Extremist Disruption Orders laws, all it would take is a law enforcement officer completing a simple form, and submitting it to a special panel of UK judges. There's no required burden of proof.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   

This "simple form" should be made available to the public, since the government has been installed to represent the public, it seems only logical that the public should have the lions-share say in the classification of extremists.

The net result being an undeniable stance that the government is at the top of the extremist list which would result in it being disbanded and reformed from the ground up.

Can't have that therefore......terrorist.

NB: This comment applies to most internationally recognized governments.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Dissent is what keeps these bastards on their toes.

Which explains why they hate it so much. Forever jumping onto any and every opportunity they can to try and squash it.

Anyone who still thinks that government is "by the people, for the people" has been in a deep sleep for the past 6+ decades. Autocratic systems aren't successfully created and maintained "by the people".

"If voting made any difference, they wouldn't let us do it." ~ Mark Twain

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I'm watching the beta episodes. I'm realizing that Joe didn't really change. I just got used to him.

Who comes up with the topics? They seem both rare and important.

Joe's presentation and the topic selection make the show an exiting ride. I hope it goes far. The World needs it.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 02:46 AM
link   
So I guess it's now officially safe to assume that ATS is a prime target...

...Not that anyone will be surprised.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I'm going to dig more into the proposals for the laws and see what I can come up with.

I hate being critical bu I would also echo the sentiment about the Braveheart thing though. Its old/stereotypical/divisive. Using it is just a wee bit NLBS.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

methinks the David camerons of the world ,
are jealous of the attention isis has ,
so they need everybody to be more scared of the Tory party instead ...

as overlords do.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: radarloveguy

The David Cameron's of the world are equally comfortable operating quiet tyrannies. I think the main reason we are seeing this sort of deeply troubling rhetoric from the Tories now, is that they have had two party members defect to UKIP in the last month or so. The Tories want to look strong in the face of this, AND want to appeal to those who might have voted UKIP, those who are mindlessly swinging WAAAAY to the right, despite the rather obvious negative consequences of such actions, the evidence for which is etched in history, in forty foot tall letters made of flaming bloody alabaster!

That said, I am also of the opinion that this right side shift plays into the hands of those currently in power, because it allows them a certain level of mandate to install such draconian policies as would make their jobs vastly easier. The Tory method of blaming those in poverty for their problems, will be much easier to enact, if those who protest against situations they have no control over are automatically considered extremists. This shift will create more extremism than it can possibly solve, and they know that.

Their agenda therefore, is deeply suspect, and I believe it goes deeper than a shout of "look at me!! I'm being a bad, bad boy!".

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join