It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Electronic Swipe Cards issued to Chinese Students

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Students must swipe their card when the enter and leave school and the data will be sent to their parents email or cellphones. I saw an article in the local paper today, will be searching all day to get some links in here to show you. If you have seen anything about this or find anything searching the net please tell me more.

The article I saw talked about a high school, I am not sure how many or in what province but I am going to check today. What do you think...Will they implant them next?

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Whats the big deal? I am sure they have these in some schools in the Uk and the US.

Plus, every time I come into work, I have to swipe about 5 doors to get into the NMC, all recorded, so my employer can find out where and when i go if they want.

Then there are the security cameras everywhere......

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 07:30 AM
link   
You are a professional accessing information when these are 12 year old students getting their data of their location entered in a database so employeers can check if they were late to school or left early and how often at the same time in real-time sending the daily information to the parent..........yeah right ..what's the big deal??

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Being tracked appears to be the trend of the future. If I was going to that school I would give a friend my card to swipe while I was skipping school. When asked where I was I would have proof I was at school, my card was swiped at the front door.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I don't see a problem here. They're in school. They're supposed to be there. The school is responsible to record attendance keep track of the students. Any rational parent would want to be kept informed. Where is the problem?

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Thinking about the problem, I wrote this...I had posted it earlier on the China Daily bbs

China has a problem...Well many problems. But one of the most important problem is that Chinese youth are not growing up learning the skills of parenting. When they have children of their own they will not have the skills to effectively parent them.

To much power and responsibility for developing socially aware and independent children has been placed in the hands of the state. Schools teach children through responsibility with massive loads of homework. Children don't do chores as in western countries and Chiense mothers or maids even clean the childrens bedroom for them.

The latest example is the tagging of students with electronic identity swipe-cards that they must swipe when the enter and leave the school. The information is then transmitted to the parents via cellphones SMS or Email. Parent's have no authority over their children, no information over them. When teachers have student-teacher conferences the parents ask teachers for advice on how to discipline their children and if they even think this way..'motivate' them.

China will be a very sad place when all these single children who had no brothers or sisters grow up with the financial burden of taking care of 4 older parents by just two married single children of the one child policy and having their own child maybe too. The children of China's tomorrow will be a very different breed and will revoutionize the country again.

What does China need to do? Post your ideas here. My only thought is take the power out of the hands of the schools for raising children and put it back in the hands of the parents, that's where it belongs. If any teacher hit's my kid in a Chinese school I will come and hit the teacher. If the teacher tells my kid to get a haircut I'll come to school and tell the teacher to get a haircut. If any teacher says anything that disagrees with my family I will tell the teacher my family comes first, not the school.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I dont see a problem with this. I have always thought we needed more things like this watching us. If you have nothing to hide, why does it matter? I would love the cops to scan houses to watch for marijuana growops in my area...we have a lot....

we should go to school...we are lucky to go to schoool...why skip? Im in college right now and i go because i pay for it...your parents pay taxes for you to go to high school...u might as well let them know that you are going and this thing will tell you if you are not...I LIKE IT....myabe those scummy kids that are always skipping and being ignorant will be gone...boyu do i hate it when they are skipping and trying to bum cigarettes at my school...

go china..way to be

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 05:55 PM
link   
whoops...accidently posted twice

[edit on 8-12-2004 by DirtyYerocmai]

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 04:46 AM
link   
With some people who aren't so fond of the American Educational System. It is much better than China's. And yet at the same time you say we are lucky to go to school you really mean you are lucky to get an education. I don't believe they are two and the same. Many people get a real education but they never went to school.

Actually your comments kinda make me wanna
because that is so limiting peoples freedom. And children are in a time of their lives when they need room to grow and expand their immagination. Riddling them with thoughts of constance surveillance will only push their creative side deeper within and not outwards where we need it in the world today. But you can think what you want you are a lucky one going to school as you say.

Originally posted by DirtyYerocmai
I dont see a problem with this. I have always thought we needed more things like this watching us. If you have nothing to hide, why does it matter? I would love the cops to scan houses to watch for marijuana growops in my area...we have a lot....

we should go to school...we are lucky to go to schoool...why skip? Im in college right now and i go because i pay for it...your parents pay taxes for you to go to high school...u might as well let them know that you are going and this thing will tell you if you are not...I LIKE IT....myabe those scummy kids that are always skipping and being ignorant will be gone...boyu do i hate it when they are skipping and trying to bum cigarettes at my school...

go china..way to be

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Like I said, we've had it for years. Makes sense, as alot of people in this country are getting prosecuted as their kids aren't showing up to school, even though they are doing all they can to make sure they get there, there is nothing stopping them leaving once the parent is off to work.

Check out the link:

BBC News

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Like I said, we've had it for years. Makes sense, as alot of people in this country are getting prosecuted as their kids aren't showing up to school, even though they are doing all they can to make sure they get there, there is nothing stopping them leaving once the parent is off to work.

Check out the link:

BBC News

That's just stupid, just because 'we've' had it for years doesn't mean anything. And who is we've????????? Could you please tell me that. It might help me understand especially if you went to middle school im Afghanistan. If parents cannot take care of and raise their children they should not have them.......sorry for the caps but,

IT IS NOT THE PLACE OF THE STATE TO RAISE CHILDREN NOR SHOULD IT EVER BE UNLESS YOU WANT NATIONALISTIC ARMIES OF CHILDREN SOLDIERS READY TO DIE AT A DICTATORS WIM...

Really sorry for the all caps but this guy's post sounds so Facist!

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 01:36 AM
link   
If you got off your high horse and looked at my Avatar, you would know where I was from. Same if you had looked at the article from the BBC

Facist? Not likely, but we have a serious truancy epedemic in the UK (clear enough for you?), and whilst parents are at work, they cannot force their children to stay in school. If you know a better way, please do tell. With this method (and elsehwere a round the world) it allows parents/teachers to know where the child is, why is that so bad?

I seem to remember schoold in the US with security guards and metal detectors, why is that necessary?
Thats soooo Facist......god, you sound like a hippy.

That's just stupid, just because 'we've' had it for years doesn't mean anything. And who is we've????????? Could you please tell me that. It might help me understand especially if you went to middle school im Afghanistan. If parents cannot take care of and raise their children they should not have them.......sorry for the caps but,

IT IS NOT THE PLACE OF THE STATE TO RAISE CHILDREN NOR SHOULD IT EVER BE UNLESS YOU WANT NATIONALISTIC ARMIES OF CHILDREN SOLDIERS READY TO DIE AT A DICTATORS WIM...

Really sorry for the all caps but this guy's post sounds so Facist!

(Incidently, do you have children?)

top topics

join